It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver Markets Set to Explode this Summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Report I was poking around the other day and saw this article on when the open interest on silver was rapidly rising and the price is sure to follow:
traderdannorcini.blogspot.com...

This trader noticed that Privately Negotiated silver contracts went up 414% in one day. It is only causing minor fluctuations, but this could be the first signs of a rush to the silver markets. As soon as the big guns start realizing what we already know, the rush will be on. And I'm willing to bet anything that's around the time China starts selling back Treasury bonds. (which is now too)

More Links:
Agoracom
Silver Stock Report

edit on 23-3-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
yes , it will explode within the next two months . and my expectation is around 50-60$ which is conservative in nature

secondly , technical analysis is near useless for gold and silver .
to benefit ,option expiration dates must be known , it there on jesse american cafe , type it in google .

as for crude oil , I expect it to go higher . the spread between brent and wti will increase .

stock market , I am bearish about ,with the exception of energy stocks

mining stocks like BHP ,Rio tinto ,anglo american are severely overvalued .I expect major corrections in 2011-12

also Dow will be 5000 in 2012-13 .it could be possible that in full scale collapse dow fall to 500

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
not trying to spam your thread but i found a website with a silver calculator for ounces and grams that i thought was neat and worth putting on here for those who have silver and might want to sell if indeed it does explode. www.silverperounce.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah, i just wish i had more money to buy more silver. Im thinking hard on if i should max my credit card out and say F-U to the backs as i buy silver bars!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisSatanic

DJIA / GOLD Ratio will eventually go back to 1:1 (ie, 3500 on both)....but a stock market sell off will initially be bearish the metals (untill the financial system reaches the breaking point and the PM market is the obvious escape arena).
I feel like it was a mistake to lighten up during the last major leg up. c'est la vie.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yes, I am wondering if a credit card would be a good idea, just so long as the CC interest charges are lower that the price increase of the silver.
When silver goes up I can pay the CC off maybe?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
been buying gold and silver for years! And they called me crazy!
(I am but that's not the point)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Silver is definitely on the move. Interesting new development here regarding the re-opening of a silver mine in Texas. This mine is expected to produce almost half as much as the largest single silver mining operation in the United States, which is in Alaska; assuming the owners are re-opening this formerly active mine due to anticipation of continued high demand and higher prices.

SHAFTER, Texas

A company is reopening a historic West Texas mine that was the nation's most reliable silver source when it closed nearly 70 years ago. The mine was once the lifeline of a bustling community in Shafter, which withered to a ghost town when the mine closed in 1942 partly because of tumbling silver prices. But with silver prices tripling since 2009, the town of about 60 residents is seeing more action than it has in decades.

The Rio Grande Mining Co., a subsidiary of Vancouver-based Aurcana Corp., is working to reopen the mine. It expects to be producing 800-pound silver bars next year and be Texas' only silver mine. It will produce half the amount as the nation's largest single silver operation, the Greens Creek mine in Alaska.

Source: www.businessweek.com...

edit on 3/23/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Understanding the situations which are affecting the prices of gold and silver is critical.
Then everything that gold and silver has been doing makes perfect sense.

consider the paper vs real demand for each metal...
as faith is lost in the weimer currencies
and inflation must be fought by the strong currencies

there is gold and silver right in the middle

then it will be a snap rush to food and water shortly too
silver and gold won't be worth much t that point so
watch

new topics

top topics

join