It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines 'opened fire on villagers' in mission to rescue crash crew

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Source? And they had no idea? Sounds like a good reason to kill someone..
edit on 22-3-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

Whoa wait a second! There were no kill shots...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It was on CNN earlier.

Here's an Associated Press report:
US jet crashes in Libya, pilot received by locals
news.yahoo.com...

The jets dropped two 500-pound bombs to provide cover while one of the Ospreys, hybrid helicopter-airplanes, landed to pick up the pilot. He was flown to the USS Kearsarge in the Mediterranean, the officer said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the event is still under investigation.

El-Amruni's farm now bears traces of the bombs, with pockmarks from the blast marring a metal gate in the courtyard and parts of his house.

El-Amruni was hit in the blast and received shrapnel wounds in his leg and back. But he could still walk, using an old broomstick as a crutch. He said he didn't hold a grudge against the Americans, assuming the incident had been a mistake.

"They bombed us randomly to bring the mercenaries out, because they wanted to rescue the pilot. Then they pulled out the pilot but we understand (why they did this)," he said. "We thank the forces of the coalition, the United States and France."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is like the third thread posting this story like we had troops going through the streets shooting people. That is NOT what happened. We don't have troops shooting people.

The jet crashed during the night and the pilots were separated. One pilot was rescued by villagers and taken care of. The other piolt was alone with a group of villagers closing in on him when bombs were dropped to keep the villagers away, at the time it was unknown if they were Gaddafi's soldiers or just villagers.

A couple of the villagers were hit with shrapnel. They interviewed them on the evening news and they said no hard feelings. They said they understand why the bombs were dropped and they are not upset by it. They also stated they appreciate what is being done by the coalition forces.

Here is the article from the evening news. Marines were not just mowing down random people.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
well i have over 25 arab news channels and even more global news channels.

what i have pieced together is.

a downed aircraft (obviously shot down, but reported as engine malfunction
)
two pilots ejected.
one pilot got away....the other was captured.
helicopter sent to rescue the detained pilot.
five people guarding the pilot were found shot dead.

the end!!

its a black hawk down scenario!....we never leave anyone behind johhhhn!!

edit on 22-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So yeah... ya think we should leave Libya alone and let then do what they will? They are not exterminating people systematically or anything, so really, we have no business being anywhere near there...now marines open fire on villagers...
Time to protest this crap. Get local and show those in power that nonsense won't be tolerated any longer. No more dead civilians at the hands of the U.S...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

They wanted to keep the unidentified group away from the piolt, it wasn't nessasarily to kill anyone just to keep them away.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
well i have over 25 arab news channels and even more global news channels.

what i have pieced together is.

a downed aircraft (obviously shot down, but reported as engine malfunction
)
two pilots ejected.
one pilot got away....the other was captured.
helicopter sent to rescue the detained pilot.
five people guarding the pilot were found shot dead.

the end!!

its a black hawk down scenario!....we never leave anyone behind johhhhn!!

I guess you and I have conflicting reports of this event.
edit on 22-3-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Since you are suggesting 5 people were killed, can you find me a confirmation link my friend?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Even Press TV and Al Jazeera are reporting the same story as the AP and CNN.

Plane crashed. Crew separated. One picked up by villagers. One picked up by Marines after two bombs were dropped.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thats what I've heard as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by thePharaoh

Since you are suggesting 5 people were killed, can you find me a confirmation link my friend?

www.onenewspage.co.uk...

well not all are saying this...but sky news mentioned it at about 12 pm.

but the news channels from sudan, niger,some from egypt,lebanon, turkey...and other say that a helicopter came in and a rescue attempt with shots fired and 5 guards dead.

i cant link you to these channels....but this is what i have seen....either way...they took the P, with the first bomb, why get picky when you hear a shot got fired! oh yea...because its illegal?

whats happening is, the allies are trying to carve a route to tripoli for the rebels to kill gaddafi.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Here is what our local rag reported:www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/news/world/Snipers_shells_tanks_terrorize_key_Libyan_city_118455354.html Sorry, this is the first time I have tried to link anything.

A second plane strafed the field where the pilot went down. Hamid Moussa el-Amruni himself was shot, suffered shrapnel wounds in his leg and back. He propped himself up with an old broomstick and said he bore no grudge, believing it was an accident. The pilot left in a car with the Benghazi national council, taking with him the water and juice the family provided. They kept his helmet and parachute.
I personally thought aircrew carry lpersonal locators (maybe chipped? lol) Thats precision guidance of ordinance for you. Our newspaper article reads like propaganda. I'm glad we're headed for an election. At least that freak Harper will be gone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Rant:
When people are shooting at each other:" things happen". I.e. aircraft unintendedly crash whether from enemy anti aircraft fire or pilot error. people will get killed. People even get killed in training.

"'no boots on the ground";I should a bet on that one in vegas and I'm a zoomy not even an "infantry type".
Snarky comment roiling in my guts:
"That's what happens when you put peace activists and community organizers in charge of the military power.
"Mission creep" will take over: IMHO This will escalate. Has there been any clear objectives stated? This whole mess,makes me sick; I can just see it play out . we'll put our hand picked trained monkey in power with plenty of oil co strings.and or be up to our neck in ANOTHER insurgency and have the whole world pissed more.We can't afford it; more civillian casualties.they won't want usaround much....

So what are they distracting us from? Were there too many military units stateside for their next parlor trick to succeed?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
War events are fast and furious and those concerned are up to their elbows
deep now, too late for the US to backout - this is a sad asrse situation.

We are going to be getting a lot of conflicting news, its going to be difficult
to sort it out all.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Has there been any clear objectives stated?

This is relevant to my interests also.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You know I just read that same artical just five mins ago and it was on yahoo, before I came here and seen this thread and its heading?? So whats really going on?

here is that positive story: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by mayabong

You know I just read that same artical just five mins ago and it was on yahoo, before I came here and seen this thread and its heading?? So whats really going on?

here is that positive story: news.yahoo.com...

I guess we just wait, I don't imagine we'll have much clarification for at least another few hours.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That wasnt the story I woke up to this morning......so which one is true, The Happy American loving Rebel or the shot to up America Has bad Army killing everybody story........Pilots have hand held radios, they can give their position and identify friend or foe.........I'm going with story # 1 for now.
edit on 22-3-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Honestly I bet you that was the same jet that was shot down a few days ago...And it wasn't a F-15, but a MiG-29 Fulcrum....Someone is stirring up another War here...Poor intelligence

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join