It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines 'opened fire on villagers' in mission to rescue crash crew

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

www.theage.com.au

US troops opened fire on Libyan villagers in an operation to rescue two jet fighter crew after their warplane crashed in the east of the country, according to a British report.

Channel 4 News is reporting at least six villagers were injured when US Marines came in with "all guns blazing" to extract the pilots. The Telegraph website is also reporting six locals "were believed to have been shot by a US helicopter during his rescue".

The Telegraph also says one of the downed crew was recued by troops on an Osprey "transformer" aircraft, which can turn from a plane into a helicopter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-3-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here we go, I thought there would be no ground infantry hahaha.

We're already in there killing 'villagers', the article fails to mention whether or not the 'villagers' were even hostile, 100% no civillians killed? Bull#!

Things are just getting worse and worse, I think a full scale invasion is probably on the cards, thoughts guys?

www.theage.com.au

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I read somewhere on another thread that they only have 50,000 soldier strong ground force.
So a full scale allied invasion seems a bit overkill. Not to mention frowned upon strongly by russia and china.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Full scale invasion? I don't think that is a possibility.

The world is not the way it once was. I guarantee Obama is shaking in his boots today after being rebuked by Russia and China. He is already looking for a way out.

This was a botched plan from the beginning. Should have just let the British, French, and Italians establish a no-fly zone and monitored the situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep

www.theage.com.au

US troops opened fire on Libyan villagers in an operation to rescue two jet fighter crew after their warplane crashed in the east of the country, according to a British report.

Channel 4 News is reporting at least six villagers were injured when US Marines came in with "all guns blazing" to extract the pilots. The Telegraph website is also reporting six locals "were believed to have been shot by a US helicopter during his rescue".

The Telegraph also says one of the downed crew was recued by troops on an Osprey "transformer" aircraft, which can turn from a plane into a helicopter.

Has this been confirmed yet? I have heard reports that something like this happened but have yet to see any confirmed reports explaining the particular circumstances.

I would honestly find it quite remarkable if it was true. The absolute last thing the US Military needs is more blood on it's hands in the eyes of the Arab world, and I'm sure that's been made clear to everyone from the Commandant of the Marine Corps to the freshest Marine out of boot camp.

After all, despite what the current opinion is of the US Military in the world at the moment, when there are plain instances of unwarranted aggression, they do prosecute for murder (for instance, those soldiers involved in the Der Spiegel scandal of 'trophy photos' were already facing Court Martial long before the story broke).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

And what did you do?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Excellent purpose!

And do you know why the US government really doesn't care about the Libyan people?
Because one of the promises Obama made is that no boots would be on the ground in Libya. Guess what. He just broke that promise by mounting a rescue mission for the pilots. Someone true to the cause, would have made sure that any boots on the ground was authorised and approved by the Libyan people.

That would have show responsibility. That would have shown respect. That would have shown true benevolent intentions. That would have show heroism.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

What do you mean what did I do? To help the crew?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Excellent purpose!

And do you know why the US government really doesn't care about the Libyan people?
Because one of the promises Obama made is that no boots would be on the ground in Libya. Guess what. He just broke that promise by mounting a rescue mission for the pilots. Someone true to the cause, would have made sure that any boots on the ground was authorised and approved by the Libyan people.

That would have show responsibility. That would have shown respect. That would have shown true benevolent intentions. That would have show heroism.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, he already said no foot soldiers; they've disregarded that without even a consultation by the looks - I don't see why a full scale invasion is off the cards.. If Obama folds to China now that's pretty much it for the US on a military level, and the rest of the worlds owns them economically now so.....................

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I read in another article today (I think it was yahoo) that the people that had the soldiers were actually throwing a party for them and taking care of them. Then comes the military and shoots them. lol sorry to lol but lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sketchy reports on this incident - I do hope they
didn't fire on villagers and citizens that were
unarmed and not trying to hold the Marines back.

Some photos on this would be good to see.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Yes I think you're right, regarding a full scale invasion.knowing the Americans, probablylooking for any excuse to escalate the situation.

5 yrs in Libya, implant western puppet dictator, secure the oil..... mission accomplished!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

When your favourite sports team wins the championship please remember to never say WE won.
The military are WE because they are working for the country in question.
Also works for Allies in general, or do you think people should be saying THEY won world war II then reel off a list of allied countries that contributed?
Lets not be literal and ignorant shall WE.

Sorry to step in there ballsdeep but it rubbed me the wrong way.
edit on 22-3-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I know OP.
I have a tendency of writing my feelings on the matter without finishing to read the whole introduction.

But I S&F'd you.
That just sounded wrong somehow...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Oh yeah, right; 'we' as in the west.. the people who fund this, and through our own inaction enable these events to occur.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is most disturbing if this is true I think I heard something like this on the news today as well. But they wouldn;t confirm it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What a cluster# this is turning out to be..... And it just started.... Damn it.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Apparently the kill shots were fired from a chopper too? Those gunners have a sterling track record so I'm sure it's all on the level..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The weapons officer was rescued by rebel forces and the pilot was the one who was rescued by Marines who fired on people who were moving towards the pilot. They had no idea what the intentions of the people were.

edit on 22/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: g

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Likely real story = Plane shot down.
What they said "malfunction and crash"

Likely real story = One in critical condition.
What they said "in process of recovery"

Likely real story = Unnecessary use of force on unarmed civilians posing no threat.
What they said "Under heavy fire we burst into action against terrorists and terrorists shoot at us so we terrorists heroic Rambo adventure terrorist skin of the teeth terrorist terrorist Predator style rescue terrorist hail Obama"

<<   2  3  4 >>

join