It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I understand that everyone has dreams of the perfect BOB with all the fixens, but lets just say you only had enough time to gather 3 things because your bag was destroyed and you had no time to sort and choose or repair . what would be the 3 things that were most important to you for your survival?

I carry a full tang 4140 tomahawk, so definitely I'm taking it. my camel back full of water is an absolute must, and my led flashlight. with just those 3 things my chances are pretty good that i will survive, because i can pretty much make everything else of real importance from nature due to where i live in Missouri and not have to find a walmart...lol

edit on 22-3-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a gun, a *snip*, and a 40 of old english

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS
edit on 22-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pack of cigarettes, windproof lighter, toilet paper.
edit on 3/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ixnay on the assportpay

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
axe
flint
garbage bags

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What about clothes? Are we going naked too? If not I'd prepare for being very wet and very cold -- and then try to avoid both of those situations.

Also kind of depends on what the specific scenario is.

But in general I'd have to say...

Swiss army knife, firestarter, gun.
edit on 22-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
shoes underwear and socks, you guys are all liars cus i know non of you would be running around naked holding weapons and water and flashlights

dangit the guy above my post thought of the same thing as me... just didnt express it as well
edit on 22-3-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Flint, Swiss Army Knife and *snip* seeds. Thats all I need, can start a whole country from that and a chilled-out one at that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmmm, well I always carry a mini survival kit and leatherman on my belt loop. So I guess the 3 things I would choose would be my slingshot, water bladder and the roll of contractor garbage bags.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
smart lol clothes are obvious

buttt

you dont technically have to ``carry`` your clothes

link   
a torch

a lockpick

and a first aid spray

i've played to much resident evil in my younger years, i just cannot imagine anything else for a survival scenerio.

link   
Knife w/ Sharpener
Fire Starting Kit, with matches, tinder, magnesium, etc...
Cook Pot

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Hatchet Multi-Tool
Magnesium Fire Starter
Trash Bags (surprisingly diverse item to have on hand)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
what is with all the swiss army knife love

I dont think it would be the most useful or reliable tool, not up against an axe in the blade category! How will you chop down some trees with a little swiss army

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A knife.

A flint.

A tarp.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
obviously you never saw 127 hours

swiss knife to cut my arm off when it gets trapped, not a crappy china made multi tool

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Flint, Swiss Army Knife and *snip* seeds. Thats all I need, can start a whole country from that and a chilled-out one at that.

lol i was making my list of what im putting in my b.o.b and *snip* seeds was an idea lol, because the thought of having no smoke in those dark days doesnt bear thinking about

*snip* seeds, magnesium striker, hunting bow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
why would you ever want to be high while the world around you is falling apart. Being high while you die is such a big fear

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
what is with all the swiss army knife love

I dont think it would be the most useful or reliable tool, not up against an axe in the blade category! How will you chop down some trees with a little swiss army

Personally, I would have no need to cut down trees. Green wood needs time to dry out before being good for burning. For shelters, I can leave the tree standing and use it as a column, having more strength than it ever would if I cut it down and tried to stick it back into the ground myself. I've actually thought of using the lowest tree branches as connections for tying 550 cord or industrial pull cord in order to suspend other logs. Then you'd just need to bring some parachute/550 cord or industrial pull cord for even more strength, and whatever tool you'd need to bore a hole through a log. Put the cord through the log, tie the log around the tree branches above where it connects to the tree, and there you go. Find a nice arrangement of trees, and a tarp or something else to cover the roof over with, and you're set.

Swiss army knife because it has knives, scissors, tweezers, sewing needle, all kinds of random tools that you never think about needing until you're stuck in some ridiculous situation where it suddenly becomes critical.
edit on 22-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My nephew, his diaper bag(has milk formula and diapers inside along with bottles basic baby needs), and my Car keys.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Otamad

My brother just told me I'd be ok because I'd bring a *snip* a *snip* and a bic

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join