It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no one on this forum is enlightend, or...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by el1jah
what to you defines enlightened

Easy:

- Positive attidute
- Generous to others
- Wisdom about life and his duties
- Respect for other human beings, animals and nature
- Respect for someone's opinion, religion or sexuallity
- Respect for someone's job or education level (A expensive education on a university or a well paid job doesn't make you automatically a better human)
- Respect in overall

Terrific, now what about being against a government that doesn't do any of those things disqualifies one from being enlightened or should you also add "- Does whatever governments tells you and - Supports inhuman acts unquestioningly"?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Enlightenment can never really be obtained now can it, If one becomes Enlightened then one must foresake all other knowledge for their Enlightened knowledge would be all powerful would it not....and then once one does reach a state of Enlightenment does not that one go about Enlightening others to this new found Enlightenment.
Then once one starts to Enlighten others, that then becomes a religion and a following of the Enlightened truth.

We become corrupt in that said Enlightenment where we start to loose touch with those who are not Englightened.

Kinda like when one is learning physics....we are told in the early stages how thing work...but then we advance and we are told then what we previously learned is all wrong and we have to go deeper...then we go further and once again are told it is all wrong and we now have to take quarks into account....and soon we will yet again be told that is all wrong.

so i will stick to my Acronym

Please Let Us Be Englightened

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

from your list i think im enlightened then!
And i just thought i was a nice bloke,
Cheers matey!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You understand Jesus ministry and message in a way that most Christians do not, it's a shame you are in the minority.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Enlightened beings cannot enlighten others they can only show them the path. Enlightenment can only come from within.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
You understand Jesus ministry and message in a way that most Christians do not, it's a shame you are in the minority.

People only know what they have been taught. Few find their own meaning in life for that is a lonely road to travel.

Rest assured my friend, many will understand before I take my last breath in this world.

Thank God for my understanding for it is his.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Yes and in there lays the what was just said....if you think that enlightening people is not through teaching to other the skills to find Englightenment.

Is Enlightenment the way of becoming Englightened through Religion, Through spiritual endeavors .....or even scientific Endeavers.....why would becoming enlighened be the soul property of spiritualism....i found jesus so therefore i am Enlightened...

I found god so therefore i am Enlightened

I found budha so therefore i am Enlightened..

I found Allah so therefore i am Enlightened...

Of course Englightenment can come through teachings and guidance....IF it is found only through oneself...then therefore we are ALL already Enlightened.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This is a pretty negative post. You are not enlightened.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

This is a pretty negative post. You are not enlightened.

Never said I wass

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I found enlightenment but then I woke up politically, which is not as good but information regardless, I know I can handle politically what most people can not because of my enlightenment awakening. I fear that many people have awoken politically but not quite spiritually, and so that is like living in a matrix hell. I would go insane if I didn't have spiritual liberation. I think that it is important to awaken the spiritual Self before you can truly understand the depth of evil and horror going on in the world. Which is why I tell people to first understand the Self, then the rest will follow. I really only research conspiracies because I am comfortable with the truth. It is an endless amount of information, and it can not all be processed at once, but with enlightenment already attained there's really nothing else to do but die or try and save the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I tend to think the "enlightened" ones would not be bragging about how enlightened they are, but would instead go about their business with a quiet dignity in the hope that others will be inspired by the way they conduct themselves. Leading by example, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You are making up your own rules about what is and isn't enlightenment.
Pure enlightenment, in my estimation and (gasp!) experience, is nothing more that being at one with the Universe (and I won't describe that futher here).

In short, you can carry back that knowledge of the oneness and sincerely believe it, but that does NOT mean you will practice what you have learned. The mountain of old thinking totally ingrained into who you are will remain in place and for the most part, you will always have to work around it. I seriusly doubt that few of us in the West can be that mentally rigid in our new understanding to follow the true path unhindered. But any effort is better than none. It is a journey, grasshopper, a journey.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Buddha1098

Yes and in there lays the what was just said....if you think that enlightening people is not through teaching to other the skills to find Englightenment.

Is Enlightenment the way of becoming Englightened through Religion, Through spiritual endeavors .....or even scientific Endeavers.....why would becoming enlighened be the soul property of spiritualism....i found jesus so therefore i am Enlightened...

I found god so therefore i am Enlightened

I found budha so therefore i am Enlightened..

I found Allah so therefore i am Enlightened...

Of course Englightenment can come through teachings and guidance....IF it is found only through oneself...then therefore we are ALL already Enlightened.

Enlightenment begins with the realization of the Oneness of all things which in turn leads to unconditional love. A lack of attachment to temporal things leads to acceptance. Finally the loss of ego and the lack of identification with thought leads to presence in each and every moment. This is enlightenment IMHO. One's spirituality or religion has little to no bearing on their enlightenment. One's words and actions are litmus test for that obviously.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Im courious to know of there are people here who consider themselfs "enlightend".

I think most are not, because most here are hammering on how bad the freemasons, homosexuals, government are. Some others keep posting their psychotic views and storys about alien encounters, reptilians and so on, and others just post utter bs, or are just plain rude.

To become "enlightend" you firstly have to get rid of all the negativity in your life, and on this board there is plenty of it so it is still not reached. So no good times for ya'all in 2012

Remember: knowing the things which are happening behind the courtains are not "reaching enlightment", so stop wasting your time and move on !!

regards

Sometimes you have to hand out flashlights.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

To become "enlightend" you firstly have to get rid of all the negativity in your life,

Polarizing isn't the path to enlightenment either, just a path to a higher plane of the maya and the ensuing disappointment. If anything it just binds you to samsara more than ever. The Buddha once said "walk the middle path between all opposites". Duality is an illusion, so focusing on polarities isn't going to get you out of it, but will just sink you further into it.

But I fully agree nobody here is enlightened.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
We are all being enlightened...every single person on this planet..the question is are you being receptive? The unknown can create confusion and fear I understand that, the time has come to embrace your True self, your Higher Self. Threads like these serve very little purpose in progress. Ask yourself why have you created this thread..what are your intentions, really? (this is a rhetorical question) As the saying goes you have two ears and one mouth you should listen twice as much as you talk..but in this case listening doesn't always relate to sound. You are loved dearly.

Sincerley, Your Brother.
edit on 25-3-2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Enlightenment is not truly a destination, it is a pursuit. The people on ATS are all, in their own ways, simply seekers who find precious shards of truth if they look hard enough.

In my opinion it is beyond any and all men to find even a fraction of the pieces of the puzzle. But a few among us sometimes find enough pieces to reveal a portion of this enormous puzzle. In time, if enough men decipher enough of the puzzle - and those men record their thoughts - then, one day, we all might be able to glimpse the grand design.

In seeking, we find. In finding, we learn. In learning we conquer.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
To be truly enlightened there are a lot of principals that ones need to follow, committing to none violence physical, verbal and mental, renouncing material possession and the pursuit of that, speaking truth in all matters and avoiding falsehoods, don't steal from others, remaining sexually monogamous to ones spouse, avoid all over indulgence's and avoiding people, places and materials for time away. Just saying, I don't think accusing people of not being enlightened is a way to become enlightened. It's a way of life, thought, and how you treat others just as much as how you treat yourself. So when you say enlighten me I hope that helps. Just saying not saying I am enlightened myself cause that I am far from being.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Claiming to be enlightened means that you are not.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think most people think babbling something about consciousness, resonance, love, illusion, and ego is the path to enlightenment. Some people think having superpowers is a sign of enlightenment. And some people think being either purely rational or purely emotional is enlightenment.

Myself I think "enlightenment" is a dead end and a trap for the soul.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join