It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Calls Sarah Palin a Female Vulgarism, NOW Stays Mum

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I think this thread opens the door to a much larger issue (as does the article as well) than just a feud between Maher, Palin, NOW, etc.

And it's the climate female politicians are met with in general. The whole situation reminds me of the movie The Contender, in a way.

'Hillary is too ugly,' 'Palin is too MILFy,' the use of derogatory sexist terms. 'Oh, you stupid little woman, you.'

And I'm not a raging feminist of any kind but even I noticed the uphill battle female politicians are faced with. It's one thing to be hammered for your policies and tabloid fodder (as ALL politicians are). But it's another thing to make sexual slurs towards gender or criticize over physical appearance.

Nope, not at all, I found a page dedicated to ugly democrats. It is equal opportunity, both men and women.

Here is a good one DeMint acknowledges that he is ugly.

Here is some bi-partisan mockery. They say here that Palin is hot... Damn them and their satiracal observations.

Doesn't matter if you are ugly because members of the hill, have sex appeal.

Any argument that this OP is sexist or that in general women in politics are treated in a sexist way is poppycock. It's an operating power structure, anyone involved should have/has skin so thick it deflects bullets.

People making an issue of this are pandering to the weak minded and trying to polarize. Which they have succeeded in doing by judging this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I like Bill Maher. Actually I find it quite amusing that folks get so bent out of shape over a political satirist/comedian.

You mean just like folks on the left gets bent out of shape over Glen Beck and Dennis Miller? I'll bet liberals consider those guys a laugh a minute!

Deny hypocrisy!

You mean just like folks on the Right get bent out of shape over Keith Olberman and any other left winger? I'll bet conservatives consider those guys a laugh a minute!

See what I am saying? Don't pretend like both sides of the fence don't act like a bunch of childish morons.... Don't pretend that conservatives are these innocent angels when they pull the same old crap that every other political affiliation does.

I agree, Let's Deny Hypocrisy, shall we? You first.

<< 1  2   >>

join