It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher Calls Sarah Palin a Female Vulgarism, NOW Stays Mum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Article

Is anyone surprised? This ass-hat can say pretty much anything he wants about anyone and HBO continues to back him to the hilt. I think he is a moron, and would like nothing less than to watch him get canned from HBO. Not much chance of that happening, considering HBO's track record.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I like Bill Maher a whole more than I like Sara Palin, in fact I can't stand that woman at least Bill makes me laugh

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I like Bill Maher. Actually I find it quite amusing that folks get so bent out of shape over a political satirist/comedian.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BostonBill99

Bill Maher is a whole lot smarter than you will ever be.....have fun praying to whatever

edit on 22-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I like Bill Maher. Actually I find it quite amusing that folks get so bent out of shape over a political satirist/comedian.

You mean just like folks on the left gets bent out of shape over Glen Beck and Dennis Miller? I'll bet liberals consider those guys a laugh a minute!

Deny hypocrisy!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I always enjoy a good, hearty laugh everytime a man refers to a woman in a derogatory manner. I laugh especially hard whenever the terms used are extremely vulgar
what's next? The c-word? WRT Maher, it's only a matter of time. And HBO won't have a problem with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sarah Failin' Palin, failed Mayor, failed Governor, failed Vice-Presidential candidate, failed reality show star, failed journalist. Can't wait for Sarah's next epic failure, which should be the next time she offers her unqualified, non-expert opinion on something she know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some other things dems say about Palin:

"what I feel for her privately could be described as violent, nay, murderous, rage. When Palin spoke on Wednesday night, my head almost exploded from the incandescent anger boiling in my skull". - Jessica Grose

"If Palin ever visited New York, she would be “gang-raped by my big black brothers". - Jessica Bernhard

"Palin is a f***cking retard" - Stephen Colbert

"small towns, that’s the part of the country she really likes going to because that’s the pro-America part of the country. You know, I just want to say to her, just very quickly: F***ck you" - John Steward

"Sanctimonious, holier than thou, exploitative, undignified, pedantic, childish, self-inflicting, insipid, backwards, embarrassing, over-reactive, overreaching, or as Peggy Noonan summed it up, with the succinctness I have obviously long since abandoned — yammering". - Keith Olbermann

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Bill Maher is a political comedian, ya...if you like a politician, you aren't going to like the comedian whom makes a career ripping on him/her. I think however minimizing him by insulting his intelligence makes you simply seem bitter and angry more than anything...Maher is actually very clever and witty, like him or not. Its better to demonstrate not on paper tiger arguments that show its little more than a partisan rant, but attack on the subject matter itself.

Sarah is a intelligent mom...however, not a intelligent politician. That is track record speaking there. If she was just some average person, I would think them to be pretty aware, if a bit simplistic...but clearly not totally absorbed in the average lipstick and soap opera lifestyle...however, just because you are slightly above the norm does not make you exceptional...and politics demand exceptionalism.

Anyhow, HBO will drop him whenever he no longer pulls ratings..it will not be for or against any political agenda...simply ratings and thats it..they would toss on the rush limbaugh comedy show if they suspected that people would watch it in numbers, however, he doesn't have "that type" of audience, so he is stuck on AM radio with a more senior audience (they still have AM? heh)

Anyhow...meh, if you don't like em, use the remote...the more you watch, the more you talk about, and the more you shine a flashlight on it, the bigger it grows, and the more mainstream the thoughts are. The best thing for heavy metal music was the record burnings and trashings in the 80s...in the 90s, they ignored it and simply accepted it...and metal went back into being not so popular.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You mean just like folks on the left gets bent out of shape over Glen Beck and Dennis Miller? I'll bet liberals consider those guys a laugh a minute!

Deny hypocrisy!

Is there a anti-Dennis Miller movement out there? I actually like him too. I'm not afraid to laugh at jokes that are not in line with my political ideologies. Now, Glen beck doesn't qualify for this discussion. He is not a comedian nor a satirist. He hosts a show on a news network.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

That was satire :-D

it was a response of how she responded on how Rham using the retard word was bad, but Rush was satire...so, anything said in satire is totally fun and great.

link   
I think this thread opens the door to a much larger issue (as does the article as well) than just a feud between Maher, Palin, NOW, etc.

And it's the climate female politicians are met with in general. The whole situation reminds me of the movie The Contender, in a way.

'Hillary is too ugly,' 'Palin is too MILFy,' the use of derogatory sexist terms. 'Oh, you stupid little woman, you.'

And I'm not a raging feminist of any kind but even I noticed the uphill battle female politicians are faced with. It's one thing to be hammered for your policies and tabloid fodder (as ALL politicians are). But it's another thing to make sexual slurs towards gender or criticize over physical appearance.

link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Some other things dems say about Palin:

"what I feel for her privately could be described as violent, nay, murderous, rage. When Palin spoke on Wednesday night, my head almost exploded from the incandescent anger boiling in my skull". - Jessica Grose

"If Palin ever visited New York, she would be “gang-raped by my big black brothers". - Jessica Bernhard

"small towns, that’s the part of the country she really likes going to because that’s the pro-America part of the country. You know, I just want to say to her, just very quickly: F***ck you" - John Steward

"Sanctimonious, holier than thou, exploitative, undignified, pedantic, childish, self-inflicting, insipid, backwards, embarrassing, over-reactive, overreaching, or as Peggy Noonan summed it up, with the succinctness I have obviously long since abandoned — yammering". - Keith Olbermann

And your point is? All pretty accurate representations of Failin' Palin, imo.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Now, Glen beck doesn't qualify for this discussion. He is not a comedian nor a satirist. He hosts a show on a news network.

I guess "news" is being loosely defined here....

I personally found Dennis much, much funnier when he was a liberal and attacking Bush Sr. He changed at 9/11 because he basically crapped his pants and decided unilateral war was fantastic and those whom thought we shouldn't invade without thought were wimply asshats...so he switched every single political ideology he had on a dime...which only shows he has no actual views...he just wants to be part of a club...

But ya, he used to do tours, some fairly brilliant shows, and was a great satireist back in his lib days...now he is just grumpy and spends more time laughing at his own jokes than thinking of good jokes to begin with. I think its par for the course...there really aren't alot of conservative comedians for some reason...not sure why actually. Perhaps their worldview demands not to see the humor in life...its a good psychological question to ask though...

Where is the conservatives "jon stewart" or something similar? I would watch it if it was funny/witty and with alot of truth in it...(and no, Glenn Beck is not the conservatives jon stewart...you laugh at jon's show...difference being, you uncomfortably laugh at Beck himself (not nice to laugh at mental illness))

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I personally found Dennis much, much funnier when he was a liberal and attacking Bush Sr. He changed at 9/11 because he basically crapped his pants and decided unilateral war was fantastic and those whom thought we shouldn't invade without thought were wimply asshats...so he switched every single political ideology he had on a dime...which only shows he has no actual views...he just wants to be part of a club...

Dennis Miller used to have some really good writers writing his jokes. Not so much anymore.
edit on 22-3-2011 by crudos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I think this thread opens the door to a much larger issue (as does the article as well) than just a feud between Maher, Palin, NOW, etc.

And it's the climate female politicians are met with in general. The whole situation reminds me of the movie The Contender, in a way.

'Hillary is too ugly,' 'Palin is too MILFy,' the use of derogatory sexist terms. 'Oh, you stupid little woman, you.'

And I'm not a raging feminist of any kind but even I noticed the uphill battle female politicians are faced with. It's one thing to be hammered for your policies and tabloid fodder (as ALL politicians are). But it's another thing to make sexual slurs towards gender or criticize over physical appearance.

Actually, you will find many/majority of females don't like Sarah...her biggest critics are the household moms with a bit of intellect.
Its no small deal to have the first female president...and so they (like all females imo) are very picky about who is up front...they want a good impression.

Clinton isn't ugly..she is a fairly attractive older woman. My issue with her is she is crabby...same issue McCain had actually. Palin is a idiot..same issue Bush Jr had.

My vote for female president would be Condi Rice (for conservatives) or Rachael Maddow (for liberals)...those types of personalities...highly intelligent, pleasent..not afraid of a confrontation but will handle it with a cool and thoughtful head verses...shoot someone from a helicopter or look like you just crapped in her corn flakes...

For me, color nor gender is an issue...its mental agility, worldview, and a understanding of the position and the needs of the people. Gender and race are a interesting sidenote, but ultimately not even a consideration...

I just wish we had an agnostic atheist contender...would be nice for someone to focus on humanity and legacy verses listening to invisible deitys on who next to purge of sin...in that respect, we have never had a sane president (at least openly)...I am hopeing most presidents are just kidding when they profess their faith to the people to get the simpleton vote

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I guess "news" is being loosely defined here....

Very loosely; however, they sell themselves to the public as news....something Bill Maher does not do....I was more proving a point than legitimizing Fox as a news station.

I agree with you on Dennis Miller, he used to be funnier....a lot funnier. However, I still got a couple of chuckles out of his most recent HBO stand-up comedy special. Regardless of where Maher or Miller are on the political spectrum, when they tell the truth in a comedic way it's funny.

It's so sad that some folks get so caught up in towing their party line, that they ignore the fact that neither the right nor the left are perfect and that there are individuals on both sides that do things to set themselves up as the punchline of a joke.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

This has nothing to do with his "comedy". This is about the double standard that pervades liberal entertainment. It's okay to refer to Palin like that but don't touch the sacred cow Michelle Obama. [See ain't that funny] Or like when Condelleza was referred to as a "house n@" The one sided defense is getting old. There cannot be selective outrage only when your guy or gal gets bashed. The mind set seems to be its okay if your target is from the right.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Who are you referring to? Anyone in particular in the political scene?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Deny hypocrisy!

Is there a anti-Dennis Miller movement out there? I actually like him too. I'm not afraid to laugh at jokes that are not in line with my political ideologies. Now, Glen beck doesn't qualify for this discussion. He is not a comedian nor a satirist. He hosts a show on a news network.

You didn't know that Dennis Miller is a regular contributor on Bill O'Reilly's show, the Factor, just like Beck was before he got his own show?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join