It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Limitless" ...........a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This film should interest ATS members [majic pills] and it is a good movie, not a great movie. The premise is intriguing with a good script, great cast playing characters that you can almost care about and believe. Decent visual effects. Damn fine directing by Neil Burger. Good cinematic flow that keeps your interest at all times. The only thing that needed to be addressed in this film is the morality aspect of using enhancing drugs. imo

out of 5

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This film should interest ATS members [majic pills] and it is a good movie, not a great movie. The premise is intriguing with a good script, great cast playing characters that you can almost care about and believe. Decent visual effects. Damn fine directing by Neil Burger. Good cinematic flow that keeps your interest at all times. The only thing that needed to be addressed in this film is the morality aspect of using enhancing drugs. imo

out of 5

I'd probably say 3 out 5 as well. Wasn't great, but was still descent. I thought it was a little slow at the beginning, at least for me.

While watching it, I first thought...SWEET! what would harm could be done. Then I started to wonder though. Would life be boring once you started to just kind of know everything even before it happens or had an edge over everyone else?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'd barely give it a one.
You take a pill to give you unlimited mental power,
and all you can come up with is Greed?

The movie tried to redeem itself at the end but to late for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Limitless Trailer 2011 HD

I haven't seen the movie yet but here is the trailer.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Looks like a good movie, I'm definitely going to watch it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh man, I was just about to do a thread on this. I totally dug this movie, the concept, story, cast and acting.
The question raised for me was, if you could take a pill to utilize all of your brain, would you? My answer would be"of course, but what are the side effects?" Something tells me this idea may come to fruition one day. You know there is money to be made, so surely the pharma co's are looking into a "smart" pill.
One thing I got from the movie is that we all have an innate ability to compute, memorize, categorize and problem solve, but many, including myself, seem to have this cloud or distraction that keeps us from being able to focus sufficiently. I feel that although we are well equipped for calculations, the synapses are either decaying, or not fully connecting. Too much fluoride in my pineal man!

Here is a link to watch the movie for Movie free.
*Disclaimer - I am not suggesting downloading, but just viewing.

Peace,
spec
edit on 23-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Even though you aren't downloading the movie, isn't watching it for free just about as bad? I'm not an expert at "internet law" or anything, just wondering!

PS. I thought the movie was pretty good, except for the whole morality issue that was already brought up by another poster! I also noticed the book he wrote at the end of the movie that was called "Illuminating the Dark Fields"
Another Illuminati reference in a movie?!? Just thought I would through that in there.
edit on (25/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

edit on (25/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I really liked this movie. It was one of the best films I'd seen this year.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i Have to agree with above me too it was a very good film probably one of the best this year

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I thought this film had a great starting idea, and a really good cast, however I found the ending was a tad unsatisfying and the film wasn't exactly memorable.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFruitLoop
I thought this film had a great starting idea, and a really good cast, however I found the ending was a tad unsatisfying and the film wasn't exactly memorable.

It was unsatisfying, and I expected a lot more. They should have pushed the boundaries of the drug a little more.

Anyways, I remember reading about a drug/neurotransmitter that has similar effects. It eliminates the need for sleep and makes you 100% all of the time (it is a neurotransmitter that is regenerated while we are asleep and used up throughout the day, and without it we get tired).

Sadly, these supplements now go for thousands of dollars.

Can anyone help me find this info again? I know it is out there, but I cannot seem to find it....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think it was orexin-A.

I could be wrong though....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
It was unsatisfying, and I expected a lot more. They should have pushed the boundaries of the drug a little more.

Yeah, you would think if someone had the ability to use the full power of the brain they would do something more drastic... or try and help the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Is this the one you're talking about?

Orexin A, also known as Hypocretin-1, is a naturally occurring, highly excitatory, neuropeptide released by the hypothalamus. As a pharmaceutical drug, Orexin A is most commonly administered as a nasal spray. This drug counteracts intellectual deficiencies and altered brain metabolism, which is found in sleep deprived subjects.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFruitLoop

I am almost positive this is the drug/transmitter I was thinking of. When you read about the implications of it, it is a limitless-like drug. Perfect clarity and alertness all of the time, no need for sleep, etc.

I'm pretty sure the neurotransmitter was found before this movie came out too.

I looked into purchasing it, but damn is it expensive.

new topics

top topics

join