It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freedom is the path :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I was meditating yesterday about psy abilities when i suddenly realized that in fact, the bigger problem when you try open you're mind to psy abilities. The thing that empeach many people to take control of their psychism is freedom of mind, or if you prefer emptyness of mind.

Like Zen-masters says :"you need to act without the intention of acting if you want to free you're chi".

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very well put, I agree with you on this one

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You are correct, I like to call all these interfering thoughts "white noice" of the mind. You must quite that to allow full concentration.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've found that my psi abilities work better when I'm working on the "spur of the moment". Planning, scheduling and reworking a particular technique only go so far, and then I have to take a radically different view or approach to the matter to break through my perceptional barriers.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If more people could clear the crap from their minds this world would be a better place. I have practiced clearing my mind of all thoughts for years. Having a clear and noise free mind helps with focusing.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ive been practicing empty mind for about a year now and I find that if you can keep it going (keep it clear), you lapse into a peculiar state.
My experience begins with clearing.

Then I hear weird conversations and nonsense language...not necesarily mumbo jumbo, but language that I just dont understand. But not necessarily a foreign language either. Kind of likeeeeeeeee......what an adult might sound like to a very small child....the language is familiar, not weird, just goes by without the mind processing it.

Then I feel a void in front of the space before my eyes....then I have a feeling of being in a much larger space than my bedroom. Feeling as though there are no walls at all--feeling I am actually in a vast area of nothing--Quite a free feeling.

Then If I continue without falling asleep, I approach this state where I cant discern what is up or down and I feel I am situated at an unusual angle.--Usually my feet way up--My body being at an angle of about 45%, my head the lower.

Then I feel my body is in unusual form I cant figure where my arms are or they feel they are beneath my body, twisted up--But I know that I am laying flat so this sensation makes me uneasy, because I dont understand it and that screws up the whole energy thing--But if I can keep it going I do lose all sensation of my body.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
And how exactly do yall clear your minds?

I have had to kinda "teach" myself a simple way to do this to help with my insomnia

I visualize a kind of "brain gauge" (looks like a crossection, lengthwise, of a brain) I see the "thoughts" I have now, and I empty the "gauge" so that there is supposedly nothing in my brain.

Dont know if it really works or not, but it makes me feel better.

The problem is, if youre thinking about your mind being "clear" ARENT YOU STILL THINKING?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!? lol

Thats what I always get caught up on.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
When you tell yourself NOT to do something, you do it more, because THAT is human nature. So you cannot tell yourself not to think-- it doesnt work. Eventually with practice you will learn.
But try this to significantly decrease brain activity:

Act as though you are looking through closed eyelids as far as you can see --as though you were peering through darkness...but do not strain or use facial muscles. gently look through to nothing. Simple

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
At school I would pratices TK when I am bored. My mind was pretty clear and the results were greater.

Also if you focuse on one thing and then clear that it is much easier.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
xxKrisxx >> A meditation master explain to one of his disciple who was harrassing him with asking how to meditate explained simply :

"You know that when you are thinking about something, and then thinking about an other thing, there's between these toughts a silence. Try to make this silence longer, and you will know how to meditate."

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
xxKrisxx >> A meditation master explain to one of his disciple who was harrassing him with asking how to meditate explained simply :

"You know that when you are thinking about something, and then thinking about an other thing, there's between these toughts a silence. Try to make this silence longer, and you will know how to meditate."

I am getting better at this. If you can do it for 10 seconds, youre on the way..if you can hold out for a min or 2 that is when the sensations or lack of begin..I get a pressure in the rightr ear first then both. my right center palm tingles then the left begins.....eventually the center of my feet do the same. The pressure in the ears can get painful..What is this about? eventually my body loses alll sensation, but my ear may hurt the next day

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
try the neti neti approach when clearing your mind, everytime a random thought comes into your head, say neti neti, not this, not this, and move on to the next thought that pops up. by practicing this method, you allow your mind to acknowledge the thougth and move on, eventually it will lead you to clear place where after the random thoughts have been dismissed.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
I am getting better at this. If you can do it for 10 seconds, youre on the way..if you can hold out for a min or 2 that is when the sensations or lack of begin..I get a pressure in the rightr ear first then both. my right center palm tingles then the left begins.....eventually the center of my feet do the same. The pressure in the ears can get painful..What is this about? eventually my body loses alll sensation, but my ear may hurt the next day

Try to concentrate you're mid on you're breath while you meditate. Maybe ou need to learn how to breath...

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Could doing this well, be a way to access the universal mind?
I've heard this before. Its different than Remote Viewing and sounds more powerful. Kinda like what we must have done as infants?

new topics

top topics

join