It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the loud low rumbling noise heard across the globe the past few days? Have you heard rumblin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I decided to put this thread up real fast for someone who might appreciate a logical explanation to an event described by many ATS members. I am making this thread because I believe this is what is causing the rumblings. It is a plausible explanation with concrete terestrial origins. I am making this thread because I believe this is the cause of most of the reports of low rumbling noises the past few days.

Here is a thread with an example of the rumbling noise. I do not want to post it because the mods might move me to this thread. This is where I got the idea with a little help from stormdancer. I would like someone to appreciate a logical answer for once.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is an example of a B-2's exhaust when it is passing over. Play the video at 1:31 or so.
www.youtube.com...

Here is an article explaning the mission.

Six hero pilots return home safe and sound from a bombing mission to Libya which saw them in the cockpit for an incredible 25 hours.
Three B-2 Spirit bombers, piloted by two men each, made it back after the 11,418-mile round trip from the Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri - where they are kept in special hangars - to Libya, where they hit targets on forces loyal to Colonel Gaddafi and back again.
At $2.1bn, they are the most expensive warplanes in the world and rarely leave their climate-controlled hangars. But when it does, the B-2 bomber makes a spectacularly effective start to a war - including during this weekend's aerial attack on Libya's air defences.

I found the B-2's flight path for this particular mission.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/838e76332db9.jpg[/atsimg]
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13 68337/Libya-crisis-B2-stealth-bombers-25-hour-flight-Missouri-Tripoli.html

I know that the flight path is a little north but I seen one of these puppies fly at Scott AFB last summer and they are loud as hell as they pass you by. Some people say they are not that loud. Well, maybe the pilot throttled back a little when you seen it. Full bore and flying low, these things would wake anyone up. Their flight path could have been a little south due to weather or something. Someone mentioned about how a flight path is a little different on a map than on a globe. There are alot of different ideas and theories that I do not think the noise is, such as a tunnel boring machine, HAARP, gass seeping out of the ground, scramjet and of course a ufo.

We are engaged in a semi- war with Libya. There is definitely an increase in military aircraft in the skies the last few days. I believe this is the sound we are all amazed by. I am convinced and the case is closed for me. I have to get off of this computer for a while. This is not a hit and run thread, so please leave a comment. I will be back on later. My kids are going nuts and so am I..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
scrap that.. Just read the reast of your post.... good find.

I still believe that the rumble is something more sinister though.. like the techtonic plates readjusting...

S&F
edit on 21-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: re read. understood post.

edit on 21-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey I heard the noise just the other night and it sounded alot louder then that.
I mean it caused the ground and the house to rumble and shake.
And to add the noise stayed for a much longer duration.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've witnessed flights of the B-2 many times and there is no way that it is the same thing heard in the Florida rumbling noise. Especially for that length of time.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Kingfanpaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think most people can tell the difference between a jet engine and the rumbling. They sound COMPLETELY different, no offense OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
Hey I heard the noise just the other night and it sounded alot louder then that.
I mean it caused the ground and the house to rumble and shake.
And to add the noise stayed for a much longer duration.

Notice there was more than one plane. They could have broken formation and flying at a seperate distance. This would explain the constant noise. Spaced apart by a few miles. Maybe one pilot was more tired that the other.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Remember there was a thunderstorm in the Florida video. You are not offending me. I think this is the explanation. Notice the new reports of the noises. What is taking place in Libya? Have you heard multiple B-2's flying at once? I have only heard one.

It is cool think what you want.

EDIT: Not directed to the above poster.I have got to get off of here and spend time with the kids. If you would please explain what you think it is I am all ears, or in this case eyes. I welcome any other plausible theories.
edit on 21-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not Even Close! I can close my eyes, and know that is a jet. These are sustained, uninterrupted (constant volume and relative location) rumblings which go on for more like 10 or 20 min, not 10 or 20 seconds. For those who doubt and haven't heard it, check out this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... At first i though it was a tornado. I live in AL, and know what they sound like. Until I watched all the way to the end
Have fun explaining the conditions (flash) of the abrupt departure of the noise. It sounds very similar to the resonance/ringing that can be heard in caves. You can find plenty of audio/video clips. That Is What I Think People Are Hearing!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Are you serious?

Maybe one pilot was more tired than the other? Really? That is your reasoning? I'm not a total doom and gloomer, but at least be realistic. Have you even experienced, in person, a B-2 fly by?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Doubt it has anything to do with this.. I just wanted to say that last night i heard a distant rumbling noise and thought nothing of it..

I turned up my computer speakers and tried to tune it out, Then a few seconds later it got so loud it was almost unbearable.. It sounded like it was right over head..

So i turned the speakers off and looked out the window and saw nothing thought nothing of it ..Then a few minutes later my lights all went dim and started to flicker.. I live in Boston, Ma so like I said i doubt they are linked..

I posted this in a thread last night..I honestly did not think anything of this till now..Strange that more people seem to have heard the same thing that i heard..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In my 40 years on this planet, I have lived through 3 tornados, multiple massive thunderstorms in drastic conditions, been in the dead center and had to escape from 4 major forest fires, have lived in a house with bedroom 100 yards away from a major railroad depot, been subjected to a hurricane, and lived within a few short miles of both an AFB and a major airport, and witnessed more than one B-2' firsthand. I've also dealt with multiple earthquakes

In all of that, I have never heard a sustained, ground and house shaking, event that lasted as long as these have been.

What exactly this is, I cannot say for sure. What it is NOT, I am much more sure on. One of those "nots" is a B-2.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I do not see how these stealth planes are capable of making the ground shake. Furthermore, to barely even replicate the sound/duration - it would take several stealth planes, flying in a circle, which I doubt fits in to that ol' flight path.

Cool video though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
reply to post by liejunkie01

Are you serious?

Maybe one pilot was more tired than the other? Really? That is your reasoning? I'm not a total doom and gloomer, but at least be realistic. Have you even experienced, in person, a B-2 fly by?

Directly quoted by the op.

I know that the flight path is a little north but I seen one of these puppies fly at Scott AFB last summer and they are loud as hell as they pass you by. Some people say they are not that loud. Well, maybe the pilot throttled back a little when you seen it.

I love air shows. And quite frankly will we ever know exactly what the B-2 is capable of? What is not so realistic about pilots not flying in direct formation. Realistic is a 25 hour mission. SWpaced apart will give an equal amount of noise if the are cruising the same speed and altitude. I am serious as all hell here. The people that will not acknowlege increased military sorties for a "war" are the ones that are not realistic.

I di not say what the altitude could have been. Thunderstorms and rainclouds will surely affect the sound a little.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
In my 40 years on this planet, I have lived through 3 tornados, multiple massive thunderstorms in drastic conditions, been in the dead center and had to escape from 4 major forest fires, have lived in a house with bedroom 100 yards away from a major railroad depot, been subjected to a hurricane, and lived within a few short miles of both an AFB and a major airport, and witnessed more than one B-2' firsthand. I've also dealt with multiple earthquakes

In all of that, I have never heard a sustained, ground and house shaking, event that lasted as long as these have been.

What exactly this is, I cannot say for sure. What it is NOT, I am much more sure on. One of those "nots" is a B-2.

I lived right next( across the street from Dobbins AFB down in Georgia. Obviously you have never been around too many military aircraft. These planes would shake everything so bad and was so loud that you could not talk for about a minute or two. So do not be so sure. I go to airshows and have lived around AFB's. It is a number of jets not just one.

EDIT: Dobbins AFB
en.wikipedia.org...

If anybody is familiar with the area. Ilived in a sh hole called Allgood Trailer Park.
edit on 21-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don't we forward stage B2's in Guam? Wouldn't they fly to Libya and back rather than direct from Whiteman AFB?
Even if they did come from the US, what would the timing be for a night bombing run? With a 12 hour flight and 6 hour time difference, they would have been visible at least part of the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Question for the op.. Would I be able to hear these things all the way in Massachusetts ?

The noise does sound similar to what I heard.. But Looking at the map you linked, It appears to be a bit far of a distance to have been linked..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The thing that makes me say it isn't a jet is the fact that it lasted so long. Also, how do you explain the flash? Maybe a weapon test? It's scary whatever it is...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

They flew from Whitman when the Iraq cluster fudge started. They like to flex them muscles a bit. You know, we will bomb you, flying from the middle of our country across the globe and back, and do it again if needed. I think that that is a hell of a statement to make.

My kids will have to wait..lol...Need to smoke though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I lived right next( across the street from Dobbins AFB down in Georgia. Obviously you have never been around too many military aircraft. These planes would shake everything so bad and was so loud that you could not talk for about a minute or two. So do not be so sure. I go to airshows and have lived around AFB's. It is a number of jets not just one.

EDIT: Dobbins AFB
en.wikipedia.org...

If anybody is familiar with the area. Ilived in a sh hole called Allgood Trailer Park.
edit on 21-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

If you check out what I wrote, I directly said that I've never heard a SUSTAINED event like has been seen with these rumblings. i.e. 20 minutes of sustained shaking and noise with no change in volume. If it were a military aircraft, there would be much different results.

As to the B-2 explanation in the OP, as wel,l the reports of these rumbles have been coming in from many locations, including outside of the united states (i.e. the UK). If it were a sortie of B-2's, the results would be much different than what we are encountering.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Directly quoted by the op.

I know that the flight path is a little north but I seen one of these puppies fly at Scott AFB last summer and they are loud as hell as they pass you by. Some people say they are not that loud. Well, maybe the pilot throttled back a little when you seen it.

I love air shows. And quite frankly will we ever know exactly what the B-2 is capable of? What is not so realistic about pilots not flying in direct formation. Realistic is a 25 hour mission. SWpaced apart will give an equal amount of noise if the are cruising the same speed and altitude. I am serious as all hell here. The people that will not acknowlege increased military sorties for a "war" are the ones that are not realistic.

I di not say what the altitude could have been. Thunderstorms and rainclouds will surely affect the sound a little.

My apologies, I missed that in the op. I still think the idea that the noises are from a B-2 is ridiculous, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join