It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the loud low rumbling noise heard across the globe the past few days? Have you heard rumblin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
The thing that makes me say it isn't a jet is the fact that it lasted so long. Also, how do you explain the flash? Maybe a weapon test? It's scary whatever it is...

I believe the flash was just coincidental lightning. Nothing to do with the planes at all. I listened and the noise got more quiet the further thay went, If you listen you can hear that the sound does not stop at once.

Reply to Tech Vampire.

I have no idea. I would say it is a possibility according to the flight plan. But I am no expert. When these engines are cranking they are loud. This is where I think that most people are fooled. Just because it is barely visible on radar doesn't mean it is silent. Just my own opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't think a plane explains this rumble. Possible though...

Some things to remember:

1. She and her family have lived there 20 years and have never heard anything like the rumble in the video.

2. She reports that she drove towards the airport and stopped at a store (gas station) near the airport, and no one there heard it. (The rumble)

3. The airport says there was no planes departing at the time of the rumbling.

The only official explanation given was from the weatherman, who explained it as thunder.

Here is her youtube... Original Video of the Rumbling in Fla.

I am not sure what it is, but with all due respect op.. I just don't buy your explanation. S&F for all your effort though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am for real this time. I have got to get off of ATS for a while. The ole lady and the kids are on my tale about being on here too much today. I will be back in a few hours..

Maybe not that long..

Thank you all of you for your comments.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Do you think it could be a tedt of something like this? She lives near a military base.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The destroyer has been awakened, you can run, but you cannot hide. Its going to get louder and more frequent.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I do not see how these stealth planes are capable of making the ground shake.

Well they do... I live on the flight path between Nellis and Edward. And when Nellis warms them up in the mornings the roar is unbelievable even a few miles away

Not saying the sounds people hear are planes, but the planes do indeed make the ground shake

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I live between two major AFB installations (Eglin and Tyndall AFB) and I have heard or seen pretty much every jet craft the Air Force has. I have seen and heard them go supersonic, seen them dogfight and also been witness to them directly over head for extended periods of time and I have never heard anything like what is in the video. I don't know what it is but I can tell you it is not anything any branch of our GOV have released publicly. I'm not saying it's a UFO or even a craft, it is it's unlike anything I have ever heard. I can tell you for sure it's not a B-2 jet aircraft. IMO of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well guess I will give my 2 cents here. Being from Oklahoma and living in a family of oilfield workers these sounds sound like there venting gas from a oil well and they last for 5mins to hours.

First video is venting straight into the air.
www.youtube.com

2nd video is venting into a mud pit.
www.youtube.com

The 2nd video has that reverb sound to it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: Fix link

edit on 22-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I know this isn't a popular theory here. Everybody wants it to be something else. Since the B-2 is capable of subsonic speeds I thought that I would search youtube for some subsonic jet flyovers.
it sounds familiar to me. Listen to these babies fly over once they pass over. I know that some of them are high pitched. But notice the rumbling effect.
www.youtube.com...

It could be multiple aircraft. Here is a B1-B bomber taking off. Notice how the engines sound at full throttle. Start the videoat about 1:34 or so.
www.youtube.com...

Here is the other diagram from the article in the op. Notice there is a flurry of activity from all over the place. Multiple aircraft, multiple missiles.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c956773c4e89.jpg[/atsimg]

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13 68337/Libya-crisis-B2-stealth-bombers-25-hour-flight-Missouri-Tripoli.html

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I haven't heard the sound in person, but after hearing samples of it on YouTube, the sound never seems to get softer, it just seems to keep same volume the entire video. So with a plane passing by, wouldn't the sound get softer as the plane got further from the camera? Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

I think you may be onto something.....the second one sounds very close to it!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Do you think it could be a tedt of something like this? She lives near a military base.

en.wikipedia.org...

Uhhhhh...... I MEANT to type TEST....not TEDT

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Check THIS out!!! This is the Japan earthquake....sound familiar?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OK......NOW I am convinced that the sounds are the plates moving! To me, it sounds IDENTICAL.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by YoungMind92
Hey I heard the noise just the other night and it sounded alot louder then that.
I mean it caused the ground and the house to rumble and shake.
And to add the noise stayed for a much longer duration.

Maybe one pilot was more tired that the other.

That argument is clutching at straws

I think most of us here KNOW it's not an aircraft. Aircraft don't create noise for 20 minutes non-stop. It sounds like the old weather balloon argument.

We might be witnessing a new weather phenomenon, it's possible although inconceivable by the so-called scientists who think we know all there is to know about the planet we live on.

Personally though, I think it's either plate movement or a tunnel being dug out below the earth's surface. It makes the most sense in terms of the vibration and the sound. If I am right, I'm guessing that something serious is about to happen.
edit on 22-3-2011 by dodgygeeza because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Of course, B-2s are loud -- many airplanes are -- but they don't stay in the same place, especially for 20 minutes at a time, which is how long some people have reported the unexplained sounds have lasted. That sound isn't explained by a passing jet nor does it explain the shaking ground.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I know this isn't a popular theory here. Everybody wants it to be something else. Since the B-2 is capable of subsonic speeds I thought that I would search youtube for some subsonic jet flyovers.
it sounds familiar to me. Listen to these babies fly over once they pass over. I know that some of them are high pitched. But notice the rumbling effect.
www.youtube.com...

It isn't a question of what people want. Skeptics want to believe that "there's a logical explanation" for mysteries such as this. They can't face the fact that some things cannot be conventionally explained. Jets are loud, but they can't hover for 20 minutes at a time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
im in Croatia and ive heard it in the morning of 20th of March, sometime before dawn and if u look at the map we're exactly on the flightpath between Germany and Libya

for me its case closed, heres a B2 Spirit flyover, ring any bells ? lol

www.youtube.com...

and heres part of the statement from the Ramstein airforce base itself:

3/21/2011 - RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany -- U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirits, F-15E Strike Eagles and F-16CJ Fighting Falcons launched during the early hours in support of Operation Odyssey Dawn to enforce U.N. Security Council Resolution 1973, which is centered on protecting Libyan citizens from any further harm from Libyan leader Muammar al-Qadhafi's regime, Mar. 20.
edit on 22-3-2011 by aboveATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well this doesn't explain what I heard and mine was weeks ago. I also heard it a couple more times after that and it wasn't recent.

I'm in Florida near the KSC.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011

This was the date on disclosures thread for the sond in Florida.

I found this quake in New Guinea. It was the biggest quake I could find at the moment on the day the noise occurred.

6.6-Magnitude Earthquake in Papua New Guinea
Updated: Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 5:28 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011, 5:28 PM EST

(NewsCore) - A 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck Papua New Guinea's island of New Britain early Thursday local time, the US Geological Survey said.

The tremor hit at a depth of 26.8 miles about 292 miles northeast of the capital Port Moresby.

While I guess it is plausible for this to be plates moving. I have an issue with the distance of New Guinea from Florida.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1455fbb997ec.jpg[/atsimg]

Why would Florida be the only state experiencing this noise at this time? I know that loud rumblings are heard elsewhere at different times occasionally, but I do not think that Florida would be the only place experiencing such a noise created by an earthquake at this time. Would we not hear the rumble alot more since there are earthquakes about every day? While it could be earthquake noise. Florida is one of the least active states.

I found a little bit of info here at USGS.

26.Florida and North Dakota have the smallest number of earthquakes in the United States.

34.Human beings can detect sounds in the frequency range 20-20,000 Hertz. If a P wave refracts out of the rock surface into the air, and it has a frequency in the audible range, it will be heard as a rumble. Most earthquake waves have a frequency of less than 20 Hz, so the waves themselves are usually not heard. Most of the rumbling noise heard during an earthquake is the building and its contents moving. .

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I have heard an earthquake here in the midwest, but it was a local earthquake.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't resize the map to see New Guinea. But you get the idea. It is by Australia.
edit on 22-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join