It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Time is Man made, and not real then ...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If Time is Man made, and not real then does that mean that the past, present , and future also don't really exist, or that they all exist at the same "time" or during the same existence ?

This is a thought that kind of just came to me but isn't really a "new" thought, but something I've never really thought to deeply about.

If time is supposed to be relevent to the observer , then does that mean the past , present and future are also relevent to the observer ? Does that mean that going back to 1930's Chicago would be different for me then it would be for you ? an individual alternate reality just for you ?

This could be why people say we have a fate that chooses us. That our past, present and future are so closely connected ( the same thing basically ) that once one happen, it automatically has happened or had an effect or occurrence in the other 2 ?

I'm just trying to include or observe other ways of thinking about certain things which we think we already know about.

Ways this could happen is that we could be a Greater form of being that is split into shards, or souls in order to experience different experiences and learn from them. This doesn't have to exclude religious teachings, but would thus indicate that ALL religious teachings are not 100% accurate or ALL are withholding true information.

I know it's hard for some people to think of existence as anything other than what they have experienced, but this universe is a huge random experience generator waiting for us to discover what it / we have created. So back to my initial point; Are we experiencing our actions in various ways or "times" of existence simultainiously ?

And for this to be true we would have to accept that science is not 100% acurate. Which it isnt.

Also I understand some of our "known" science can "prove" some of my above ideas to be impossible or wrong. But that is assuming that the science "proving" what you said is actually 100% correct.

It's just going to lead to a circle argument. It's like saying you can prove my box is green because yours is red , and me saying I can prove your box is red because mine is green. both are true but they really don't prove anything.

And I'm not trying to prove anything by making this thread. I'm just curious as to what other think. I'm looking to expand upon my ideas in this thread and discuss them further to see if they are even possible or if we can figure something else out along the way. I don't really care if you think none of itis possible. That is not what this thread is about. Please don't try to fight me on this, just help...I don't mind if you have an opposing opinion but be positive and constructive.

I also realize I can't tell you what to do either . lol :-)

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Live in the now my friend its all there is...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Time is just the Man's way to keep us in line to do what he wants. It isnt real. Nothing is real. It's all just put there to keep us from seeing the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iheartprplkoolaid

There is no spoon?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iheartprplkoolaid

Back to my original point then. Does this mean , all or none are happening at the same time ?

I would like to think as what "actually is " is the opposite of what we observe as " time " .

Where do Dreams come into play then ? Are they hints or demos or what reality really is ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Of course time exists, what a daft thread.

You are born and you die, between those two events is the time you are alive. The sun comes up and goes down, the time between that is what we call a day.

The measurement of time is man made, the time has always been there. You can mess about with words all you like but it doesn't make time go away and it will never change it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief
Of course time exists, what a daft thread.

You are born and you die, between those two events is the time you are alive. The sun comes up and goes down, the time between that is what we call a day.

The measurement of time is man made, the time has always been there. You can mess about with words all you like but it doesn't make time go away and it will never change it.

I take it you think of me as some idiot who hasn't already addressed everything you said above ? Mess about with words ?

I am well aware of what we observe as time and what I've come to experience and know as time. This thread is hardly daft, as I actually bring up a few outside the box type of thoughts to the table.

I'm sorry if my thoughts for the day didn't consist of some random small talk BS, and I actually decided to attempt to bring some different thoughts to the table which have been addressed before.

That being said, is there anything else you can add to the topic ? Any reason why you think my thread so daft ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
time is a noun and a concept there for it is manmade

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

It’s certainly a subject worth looking at in a deeper way. Yesterday was just a dream and tomorrow is just a fantasy so all that leaves are the now. For me I find the best way of being in the now is to be just be present, this is not as easy as it sounds. The key is that our minds are always stealing our presence, until we learn to be aware and present. This is something that needs to be known and then practiced to really understand deeply.
Take a look at this video by E.Tolle, as you browse you will find there are many teachers making it easier for us to live in the now. Find one you like and see where it leads you.
Knowing the now

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
time is a noun and a concept there for it is manmade

What about the thought concept of what time is? Any human as the capability of pondering the thought of what " Time " is without having to have a word for it. I'm more concerned with the thought, or concept and how we perceive it rather than it being a word in a man made language.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Time isn't man made, its just a tough concept to grasp, because time and space are essentially the same thing. Space-time.

All we humans do is measure the passage of time in relation to the motion of our planet around the sun and its rotation about its axis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Since space-time are intrinsically linked I've always wondered whether or not time passes in a complete vacuum. And if it does can this even be proven? Without the motion of particles/objects/anything, how would you know any time had elapsed at all in the void and how could you go about proving it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Time is a moving image of eternity.

~ Plato

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I love it .

So simple yet I could spend all day thinking that thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Personally, I have had a major experience in trans-dimensional existence, aided by one of the most prophetic substances known to man. More importantly, ancient man. The Mayans used Salvia Divinorum to perceive infinity. It was a truly revalatory experience. I was ejected from the physical world to inhabit and fully occupy a void without limits. It was only becoming aware that I was aware did my senses "reboot" to an intelligence and understanding way greater than could be possible in a mortal mind. I had the sensation of being connected to all that exists and then realizing there is no "I". Reality exists so the awareness that is the collective consciousness of the universe can experience infinite possibilities in which life can be lived. Embracing that reality is not reality at all, time does not exist, and that we only exist in this world is because we willed ourselves into being.

After this had been understood, I became interested in the life I left behind. The instant the thought entered my head, I was peering into a portrait of my life. It played out like a cinema, with the exception of time no longer taking account. The story was still linear, but I perceived it at once. I relived my life from inception of consciousness to the final throes of death. I felt the light at the end of the tunnel only to realize it was me emerging from the womb. To relive my life, and each and every life. It was upon this rebirth that I was thrown back into the awareness I'm currently experiencing. Every moment of my life up to that point hit me with full force. Every ache, every pain. Every regret and sorrow. Every joy, and every triumph. The thing is, you don't realize how much living in the physical world hurts because you become so accustomed to it. I felt like a child. I could feel every atom of air and substance pressing down on me. Gravity, easily forgotten returned like an unholy burden. My skin crawled, itched and burned.

It was only after this "trip" did I discover Buddhism.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
please delete, double post. hate that
edit on 21-3-2011 by MyPathManifests because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Are we real?
Do you exist?
Or are you just pixels on my screen?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like these kind of topics because I can wrap my thoughts around them for hours

when you look at time as a participant in life then yes, some would say it exist. How could it not when we all have vivid memories of the past, they happened but the event is over, therefor there is a timeline and time exist.

But when you look as an observer to the participant you'll see that all there is is 'now', the moment. The participant may think in terms of past and future, but he will never reach the future because all he can be is within the moment, you can never be in the future. Same way as you can never be in the past.
The moment is forever, it doesnt start and it doesnt end... it's always the now, the moment.

So from where I look at it, time doesn't exist, time is just something we use to explain the evolution of events.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7034560b4cd9.png[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by MyPathManifests because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The past exists only because we can remember it, the future does not exist; a singularity.
edit on 21-3-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join