It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic monster: Geomagnetic field reveals increasing danger of 'continent killing' quakes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
Wow, I think we had a new "end of the world" theory every week since the beginning of the year...
... and we are still alive! And there is no end to this folklore.

Nup..!!

The end of world predictions won't end until the world dose.

Even then I think there'll be a few holdouts afterwards too...LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As I stated in a previous post on another ATS forum,

It could occur in a rapid plate tectonic rotation during depositional hiatus or magnetic excursions in a nongeocentric axial-dipole field which also might be occurring at a much faster rate then a true polar wander.

Which "might" be possible from
1. some time of glacial cycle - redistribution of water
2. Pertubations of the topography of the core
3. Mass redistribution of the mantle,

Or my suggested theory as others have mention previous - That a the orientation of the rotational axis itself could be changed by high a velocity impact of a massive asteroid comet or planet ... ** Not necessarily an impact , possibly a fly by or long orbit period of an incoming object, which might not be traceable because of its attributes. ie brown dwarfs .. .. An object with LARGE MASS would be able to effect our Magnetic field, changing our own earths attributes. I believe there is an article that describes true polar wanders as proof that years ago true polar wanders of approximately 55 degrees have occurred.. (Cataclysmic pole shift)

I am surprised nobody has mentioned planet x or niburu or comet elenin or destroyer as being a possibility to what might be causing these abnormalities. As others have mentioned that abnormalities being that of LOUD SOUNDS< ANIMAL FATALITIES(knut) < COMPASS readings, and more outside the normal global changes. Others will tell you that these things are normal, but some out there have described physical changes themselves, which explain the correlation to ones own energy field. Has anyone else been waking up early as the birds ?

Most importantly do your own research and dont be fooled by the media, use your own tuition and settle your own mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Tried to link John Moore on youtube. He's all over this with of course the planet X theory and a polar shift that displaces the bilge of millions of cubic feet of water that is at the equator.
edit on 21-3-2011 by BeneElohim because: bad link

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand

People when Harvard and Stanford Scientists are telling you this and they are not being called crazy by the rest of the world, its no longer time to take this lightly.

That's not what the articles are saying. For one thing, the Stanford article is from 1984, and neither article is saying anything other than stating that there are ULF waves recorded in the hours preceding large quakes. Interesting yes, but I don't see anywhere in either of those two articles where the authours say anything about 'continent killing' quakes or literal crust displacement or anything of the sort.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The earth does change, but it does so over a loooooong time. Our lifetimes are nothing but a blink in the scheme of things. The Japanese quake moved the island 8 feet. The Indonesian quake also moved things a bit. It happens like that. Over millions of years, things are drastically different, but it's not gonna happen all at once like the movie 2012. That's just not the way it works. Only a large impact from a space object is gonna cause things to change quickly, IMO.
edit on 21-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

LOL

That was a perfect response.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What a bunch of nonsense.

Of course no one bothers to read the articles referenced. If they did they would see that they have nothing to with an "increasing possibility that massive, 'continent killing' super-quakes will reshape the current maps of the world." Fraser-Smith talks about ULF precursors to earthquakes as a possible means of prediction. Pogrebnikov, in a paper from 1984, talks about a decrease in geomagnetic activity being associated with an increase in earthquake activity. He claims that when solar activity, and thus geomagnetic activity is low, there are more earthquakes. Both authors are talking about entirely different things and neither says anything about super-quakes.

The foolish article says that the geodynamo originates beneath the Earth's crust. It does not. It originates in the outer core, beneath the Earth's mantle, thousands of miles beneath the crust.

What "growing aberrations of the magnetic field" is he talking about?

The increasing activity of the Sun is caused by Earth's magnetic field? The author never heard of the Solar cycle?

Utter nonsense.
edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

This entire thread is just yet another attempt to unite a whole pile of current or recent events in some big super "conspiracy".

Well done on fully debunking this one on page one of the thread.

The "compass anomaly" was, to my mind, completely debunked once we looked at all the magnetometer readings around the world which are all available to view up-to-the-minute for free online from many sources. They showed no such anomaly.

Apparently mass die-offs happen all the time.

And you've done a great job showing that the actual science in this case has nothing to do with the article's main thesis.

It's great when I don't have to read page 2 of the thread.
edit on 21-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Corrected a couple of words

edit on 21-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Apostrophe

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

Yes it would be starange to witness this.. I hear a constant humming everytime i walk outside
but its just the turnpike a quarter mile out back hahaha.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

i hope you are not a follower of gms. i remember reading some of his prediction back in the early 90's . that dude is full of so much bs. ask him where are second sun is and why we are not green rofl

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Ohios all clear!
For sale 1.75 acres $1,000,000 hahahahahaa

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

polar ice caps melting will acount
for the rise in sea level capable of
creating this scenario

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If you withold generosity then goodnite to you! Recipricosity may make it "ok"... The rest is all you! X

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

There is no compass anomaly?

Every handheld compass I've gotten ahold of is pointing more East than it did before.

I'm directionally challenged. I've asked several other people when handing them a compass, "I thought that North was over there." and they all say, "It is," then look at the compass with a bit of confusion.

Fine - your digital data all says that North is in the same place. People I hand an actual floating compass to all think North is a bit West compared to where it is pointing.

Anyone want to check me? I decided in November that the little compass I got my kids might be off. Knock off crap. So asked several people where North was. They pointed it out. I went to the Army and Navy and looked at a dozen compasses, and all of them were also slightly more East. I've gone to several other stores over the last 6 months and looked at the non-digital compasses they have. All more East.

I'm further North than most of the people on the board. Being closer to pole should exacerbate the angle of difference. People close to the equator might barely notice, and people close to the pole should see it more steeply.

Go ahead. Try it out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Why would we "try it out" as you obviously are in no position of education nor authority to tell us anything is askew aside from you and your obviously confused friends subjective "feelings". Wow, thanks for the scientific insight and intuition though you're blinding me with science. Those of us who are not stay at home moms with obvious masters in physics such as yourself ( I only have a petty bachelors and 6 years of study in it so go easy on me with all your worldly truths), clearly need something more palpable than your "feelings" as a point of reference.

Please do explain to us all though how the moon is made of cheese next.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
??? You've never held an actual floating point compass before?

I didn't realize that where it point was based on my "feelings." Or those of other people.

That's amazing. Can you explain why that would be? If I were happier, would the floating point move back to the position it was a couple of years ago?

Thanks for your help with this pressing matter. I'm truly astounded at my ability to move where a floating point compass is pointing at! I mean, I KNEW that the position of the magnetic North had moved recently, and that the it is now closer to the Ukraine and that that is ...well more East than the previous magnetic North position in relation to where I live.

But if you say that how I FEEL is really the reason why the North Pointer isn't right, I may owe an apology to the Earth's billions of people. Please get back to me on this pressing matter of how I can move the Magnetic North back away from Russia, and back into the Canadian territories where it belongs. We don't want those damn communists to own where the North magnetic pole is! If my being happier will help out trumping those darn Ruskies, let me know!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry but did you go to Harvard to become such a genius or are you calling these guys idiots with less of an education?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I agree you owe an apology to anyone educated or of half a mind to purport mis-information and mass hysteria as fact, and blow off more educated and versed people than yourself in the subject by acting indignant. You remind me of sarah palin. Just because you are not educated or aware of scientific facts doesn't mean you can fool those of us who are by batting your eyes and saying "but every handheld blah blah my friends who thought blah blah blah."
I stand by my earlier statement which you have now verified.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I really do not have a clue what caused the super continent to split. However, in the tenth chapter of Genesis(The Bible)- It says,"In the days of Peleg(a certain man) the earth split. Now if you have a little time and some simple math skills, you will find this split happened within the last 6000 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Sounds a lot like those earth changes that were supposed to happen in the 90s.

As I read the OP I thought to myself "Some of this correlates with a lot of things I've read/researched, but then again a 1/4th of it sounds like the plot from 2012.."

So what do I think overall?

I think we're dying; I have been for twenty something years now & some change. I do know preventing something horrible from happening to us all and being ready are 2 [the only] things that should be focused on, and only by those who wish to focus their knowledge/time in those areas. If everyone worries all the time about 'what may' happen -- which will happen, eventually -- it's a waste of anxiety... of life.

Let's enjoy the small things for once instead of focusing on these horrible ideas which are bound to happen... someday. That day may be tomorrow, it may be 2million years from now who the hell knows? Outside variables are at play in the universe (surrounding planets, stars, anomalies which we have yet to discover), which make it impossible to 'predict' or prove anything 100% correctly other than our position and that of planetary bodies we know of, etc.

Please people -- stop with doom & gloom, and be happy

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Dude, stop
Quit while you are ahead. Stop posting links to ridiculous discussions. Especially those started by ATS intruders.
I dont think anyone was even saying that big quakes are not on the way. they just said that the article did not say that, and it did not. If you want to make claims dont use ridiculous articles as your reference.
No doubt there are strange things happening right now, but this particular article actually contains factual errors ,therefore itmust be disregarded.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join