It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just A Thought..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello Ats..

I have been waiting for a while to post this topic (waiting to hit 20 post mark..) in hope for some reponses and thoughts..

Its basically just a quick theory to add to the subject of the 'greys'

What if greys are infact our descendents, the human race maybe 1000 or 10000 years into our future.
They are time travelling back into their past to witness Important events in the earths history ( would explain the increase in sightings at signifanct times and locations as we perserve them now in our present..)

It would also explain why they cant just come out and make contact (the butterfly effect)

If this was the case then what may the impacts have been when one or more of these craft have been shot down? would that impact on our past, present our future If it was never ment to happen?

Thanks for any imput or ideas you may have to expand upon this topic..

Cas

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't think we're ever going to evolve into 3 foot tall grey beings, but we could evolve into their superiors.

I doubt it though, I think the human race evolved a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, and mastered time and space. They put some of their seed on earth and allowed us to develop here on our own. Sometimes they stop by to check on us, and it results in UFO abduction reports.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
I don't think we're ever going to evolve into 3 foot tall grey beings, but we could evolve into their superiors.

I doubt it though, I think the human race evolved a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, and mastered time and space. They put some of their seed on earth and allowed us to develop here on our own. Sometimes they stop by to check on us, and it results in UFO abduction reports.

As we evolve, I think there is the possibility to progress towards the typical grey alien body type..

- A heavier dependence on machines and technology would lead to a reduction in muscle mass as manual tasks would become obsolete.
-Larger cranium and brain structure as we become more intellegent and able to use our brain in a more effecient manner.
- Loss of external reproductive system as humans strive to live longer.. (consiousness transferred to cloned newer model of your original body?) Physical pro-creation would be negligable?

Just some ideas..
edit on 20-3-2011 by cassiopeia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I really doubt it. I doubt the Human Species would evolve in that way even if it was given a million years.
If any being would be from the Future, in regards of the UFO-phenomena, it would rather be the "Nordes", given that they are generally a bit taller than the average Human of today, plus, that they are often reported as looking somewhat "Perfect" in their features; despricptions which could be seen as futuristic traits in a future Human.

That said, this was only a suggestion in favor of the Time Travel-Theory; A Theory that I, however, do not personally believe too much in, in regards of the UFO-Area.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Arguing time travel is always fun because NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING! Sure it could destroy the universe, or create an alternate universe, or just affect the present of this universe, but nobody knows so really anything could happen.

I'm more or less in agreement with Michelangelo's post about how we got here which would tell me that they are not from "our" future. Interestingly enough though, I imagine they travel pretty to fast to get here, and if they have figured out how to travel faster than light, then they could theoretically go back in time to get to our present. So maybe they are from our future. Like I said before it's always fun arguing time travel because I have no idea what I'm talking about.
edit on 3/20/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
I really doubt it. I doubt the Human Species would evolve in that way even if it was given a million years.
If any being would be from the Future, in regards of the UFO-phenomena, it would rather be the "Nordes", given that they are generally a bit taller than the average Human of today, plus, that they are often reported as looking somewhat "Perfect" in their features; despricptions which could be seen as futuristic traits in a future Human.

That said, this was only a suggestion in favor of the Time Travel-Theory; A Theory that I, however, do not personally believe too much in, in regards of the UFO-Area.

What tho would be the advantages for the human race to grow slightly taller and be more 'perfect' looking?
surely we would evolve to best suit our environment...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiopeia
Hello Ats..

I have been waiting for a while to post this topic (waiting to hit 20 post mark..) in hope for some reponses and thoughts..

What if greys are infact our descendents, the human race maybe 1000 or 10000 years into our future.
They are time travelling back into their past to witness Important events in the earths history ( would explain the increase in sightings at signifanct times and locations as we perserve them now in our present..)

It would also explain why they cant just come out and make contact (the butterfly effect)

If this was the case then what may the impacts have been when one or more of these craft have been shot down? would that impact on our past, present our future If it was never ment to happen?

Cas

I don't think any advanced civilization would be interested in visiting the important events of our history.

I mean they are traveling through time and possibly intergalactic space. When the sky is the limit, you don't look back.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiopeia

Hi im no expert on these things,but maybe we would become grey through the lack of sun in the future when it has burned out or we have relocated somewhere else in space with a lack of sun,just a thought!
edit on 20/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seabas1123

Hello Ats..

Cas

I don't think any advanced civilization would be interested in visiting the important events of our history.

I mean they are traveling through time and possibly intergalactic space. When the sky is the limit, you don't look back.

What if time travel tho was as easy as going to the shop..

Would you not like to go back and see the pyramids being built or see the dinosaurs roaming around?
I know I would

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would love to go back in time and see different events play out, and I would imagine aliens would feel the same.

The only thing that would worry me though is messing something up, and changing the entire future.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What tho would be the advantages for the human race to grow slightly taller and be more 'perfect' looking?

Maybe for the same reason that the Human Species have grown taller the later millenias? What would be the reason for Humanity to shrink?

And in regards of the "Perfect" looks, it is a fact that the Human Species not only have begun, but WILL greatly use Bioengineering for its own benefit.
A species that generation after generation uses Bioengineering to "enhance" itself, will eventually look "Super Human".
edit on 20-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Maybe for the same reason that the Human Species have grown taller the later millenias? What would be the reason for Humanity to shrink?

And in regards of the "Perfect" looks, it is a fact that the Human Species not only have begun, but WILL greatly use Bioengineering for its own benefit.
A species that generation after generation uses Bioengineering to "enhance" itself, will eventually look "Super Human".
edit on 20-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

Shrinking would have many advantages..
-Less food needed to survive
-Less usage of resources - smaller houses, ships, clothing etc
-Dependence on technology would require less physical
Labour so larger frame would not be required.
- Less dependence on strenght (physical)

Bio- engineering is an interesting topic but would have to involve manipulation of the DNA
in such a way that the altered genetic information is passed to the next generation resulating
in an advanrtagous phenotype..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Shrinking would have many advantages..
It really wouldn't. Not evolutinary speaking.

-Less food needed to survive
And Less physical strength, given that the Grays are reported to not be able to eat anything, and only capable of absorbing nutrients via the Skin.

-Less usage of resources - smaller houses, ships, clothing etc
I see your point, however, Nature does not take houses, clothes and ships into consideration when evolving a Species. One could as an example of this take the Hermit-Crab, that constantly grows out of its shell and is forced to find a new "house" each time, despite it having been forced to do so for more than 90 million years. However, in regards ofHuman Species, it is worth adding that the Homo Floresiensis was a genuine Dwarf-Species of "Human", but on the other hand, it died out, so apparently its size was not fully beneficial.

-Dependence on technology would require less physical
Actually, it depends largely upon how and why the physical mass is lesser. For instance, a physical mass that leads to a much weaker body, would be more dependant on technical aid than less of it. Richard Dawkins would be a good example of this.

Labour so larger frame would not be required.
? Please explain further..?

- Less dependence on strenght (physical)
Which, by Nature, would be considered as something bad, evolutionary speaking. Nature does not work like that when it designs a creature fit for ultimate survival, unless Nature have been manipulated in some way or a error have occured in the Genetic process.

Problem is, the negative aspects would largely outnumber the positive ones. If one is to suppose that what is described about the Gray Alien(?) is factual, than they are hardly the result of positive evolution, but rather either degrading genetic material, or, a totally different planetary lifestyle and enviroment than on Earth.
Plus, they are described as being totally unable to reproduce sexually, which is something that would NOT be considered an evolutinary trait, no matter what New Agers would have you to believe.

Bio- engineering is an interesting topic but would have to involve manipulation of the DNA
in such a way that the altered genetic information is passed to the next generation resulating
in an advanrtagous phenotype..

Which would be a fully logical consequence in this matter. Humanity will do everything it can to enhance the Human Body in every way, and this will eventually alter the Human Species. Perhaps not now, perhaps not in a thousand years, but some day, provided that the Human Species will even survive that long, ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice retort Nightchild and an example as to why I find this topic so interesting. There are so many precussions and reprecusiions, what ifs and maybes.. We will hopefully know someday what is really going on but in the meantime we can enjoy wondering about it

The point about less physical strenght being required as machines would take up the more physically demanding jobs and tasks..

somethings are probably best left unanswered as without questions we would have nothing to talk about around here

new topics

top topics

join