It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Engine tests can last over an hour
I know I have sat on enough of them. Bloody boring and bumpy they are too!

This isn't you on the job is it now?!

spec

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The second I saw the video of the loud rumbling sound, this came to mind. Florida. Rocket test, rain...... check out video.

I believe the sound was a rocket test. The frequency and duration seems to match not to mention location.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Aurora test?

Tampa, Fl 2005 MacDill Airforce Base described to reporters the "2.7 earthquake" on Friday afternoon heard by both central and western Floridians was "2 F-18 jets landing at the air force base". The personal experience of the author of this article, located in Clearwater, Florida (Pinellas County), was that the event shook and resonated all windows in his house for approximately a 10 second period (6 booms sounds a similar account). The event was highly unusual and earthquake seemed implausible yet the best description of the event. Sonic boom was considered but the duration specifically made justification of a sonic boom difficult to believe. The wide area of coverage and duration as well as reported location of the event is met with great skepticism. MacDill AFB is the center for Middle East operations and the epicenter of the "earthquake". MacDill AFB as the center of operations in the Middle East and the 2.7 registration of the event in Orlando (east of MacDill by 70+ miles) makes the scenario of supersonic flight by something classified more likely. The only reported military aircraft was a cargo plane at that time. As those who follow program data such as X43 and Aurora know, supersonic aircraft can and are deployed by cargo planes.

Aurora

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That's what it is TOP GEAR playing around in florida!!!

this is with only 2 engines!!!!

powerful eh???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

How did you know!!!! that's classified company video that!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Holy turbine turbulence batman!!

spec
edit on 20-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That does sound similar SH. How far is Tallahassee from Nasa center? I'll check it out, and I wonder how far away rockets could be heard?

spec
ETA: Stennis Nasa center in Miss is closer than Florida's, but I don't know if they test rockets...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I heard that noise earlier today in a different video, this is weird. I watched this video about the hum the desert makes around the dunes, and no it's not the wind.

Check out this video, the sounds in it are almost the same tone as the one in the op video. The Video.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Itop1

the storm may of had nothing to do with the rumbling. the fact that it was raining and lightning may of just been a coincidence that was occuring while the rumbling was taking place.
edit on 20-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

Thats a huge coincidence that the sound goes on for 20 minutes and only fades after the flash of light.... if it was lightning then that is a huge coincidence

no it's not, the flash occurs then the rumbling stops about 10 seconds later, it certainly is not a stretch to consider somebody turning of the engine close to or just after a lightning flash, i doubt they time it that way either, it is just what would of happened if it is indeed some sort of engine test.
edit on 20-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
sounds very similar to the space between two waves just above the water as they are approaching shore which also sounds like when you are sitting in a jet airline close to the engines when cruising

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by smurfy
Where would they conduct full thrust engine tests on a standing aircraft for 20mins?

who knows? heres an example, not sure if it was something simular, it is just a theory based on my own experiences of living close to a testing site. also another member pointed out she mentioned she live near a airport.

www.dublinairport.com...

Thanks Life,
I'm just trying to suss out something with sustained sound that would equate to the value heard on the video.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well so far, the rocket test is most similar. And I think I heard her say something along the lines of "some of these are known to last for an hour," or something? As if she had prior knowledge or had heard of them or something. But the call sounded more or less believable I guess. It is possible though that someone dubbed the sound of a rocket test onto the video, and then mixed the live audio in. The camera didn't seem to shake really to me.

On the other hand, they don't just park a massive rocket in the middle of a neighborhood and start firing it... And as to military jets, is that what afterburners on a full fire engine test would sound like from 4 miles away? To me it sounded like the source was closer. That source is vibrating earth- you can hear it saturate the entire low end all the way down to the mic's limit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

well i was not exactly living on the door step of rolls royce's testing site, but i could hear it load and clear, the testing site was at least 2miles away.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

That noise for that long is crazy. Gave me a stomach ache to listen to it.
Maybe this has been asked already, I have only read page 1 so far...but why does the video title say NZ? Is this in New Zealand? For some reason I was under the impression that is was in the USA in the south somewhere
???

thnx for the interesting thread

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't know if this is any relation but I posted a thread yesterday about noises recorded in a cave in Tibet , the noises sound similar to those in the OP video .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Connection ?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Pulse Detonation Wave?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You mean like this post Post on page 3 of this thread?

Here's to like minds

spec

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Our airport and maintenance is for for single/ dual prop engines, no jet engines. I have lived here all my life and only in the last 2 years has this noise started. One of my old friends works at the repair shop at airport and no maintenance or repairs are done at night, and no one is there at night.. like I said before airport is not big enough for 24hr maintenance.
I have looked into this in my area a while ago and whatever is making this noise is spreading.
Iam thinking it has to do with the atmosphere/solar wind/ magnetics.....?

Not saying all noise is a mystery..
Not saying all noise is a rocket, jet....
edit on 20-3-2011 by iamcreation because: add info

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh, this is the underground continental transit system.......the sound you folks hear probably from some of its parts were malfunctioning.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
am not trying to fear mong anyone but i manage to catch 'mitchell coombes' today when i spoke with him through facebook.

he gave this statement

''let me say them now BEFORE the events occur, so people like Sheree U.n.d.e.r.s.t.a.n.d that i am not making these claims after the events.... Nuclear Raditation to hit the west coast of USA in very very large amounts, the media will cover it all up and say theres nothing to worry about...... california earthquake tsunami, and florida being hit by an earthquake''

a count down hasnt been given yet, i think hes preparing a note to everyone because hes has ALOT of friend requests and even more inbox messages with alot of questions

screen shot

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join