It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Does remind me of a fighter in afterburner. 20 mins, or even 2 or 3 mins of it being constant would be very very odd though. One thing I noticed.. The woman says she can't hear it anymore, before it dies out on the video. That seemed odd to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Surely their house would have to be right next to the airport for it to be that loud?

That is very loud. I would probably need a change of underwear if that was going on around my way

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Thats completely untrue. I have first hand heard thunder rumble near constantly like that while playing baseball (well really sitting in the car at the field cause it caused a game delay) back in highschool. It wasn't quite that dramatic as the video but if a scientist says it can happen and the video seems to show it happening during what is clearly a storm, why the hell should I doubt it just cause I "want" to believe in something more elaborate or supernatural?? Pretending you know more about the acoustics of a storm and the earth just because you personally haven't heard it is a slippery slope to ignorance. Whatever though, instead of doing some research into the scientists' explanation ignorantly claim its "impossible" just based on your feelings or limited personal experiance, have fun with that.

PS its pretty ironic you tell me to "pipe down and let people speak their mind" just because I don't agree with you... Did you not even realize the irony of such a sentence when you typed it? I guess we can only speak if we agree with your conspiratorial spin and just randomly bash actual scientists and not even consider their scientific explanation. Gotta love ATS.
edit on 20-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
One of the most intriguing videos I've seen on ATS in the 7 years I've been here

To me it sounds like a military fighter jet on afterburners. I was recently in Florida and one day on the beach I heard a similar noise (only instead of continuous it was came and went) and once it died down an F-22 appeared from that direction.Tyndall AFB was close by and he'd obviously been out over the Gulf giving it plenty of afterburner
I also live near an ANG base and when the wind is in the right direction the F-16's afterburners can sound like they're in the back yard!

Are there any bases or research facilities close by? My money is on a jet engine stress test kinda thing - maybe the flash was when it failed? That's the best I can come up with anyway......don't see how it could possibly be thunder though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
omg really?! I'm a frequent reader of ATS just for curiosity and saw that this was on the front page of the site. I live in central Florida about 2 miles from an international airport. I hear this sound around 100 times a day from my home. It's that rumble, it's really really loud, and sounds like it could come from any direction. So... yeah, airplane. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I believe that a good many of the residents in Florida were hearing ducting because of the storms that passed through the area and reported it, but I do not think the sound on this video was a result of ducting.

I have heard ducting myself it sounds like regular thunder except it keeps rolling on continuously and you do not hear the break between the rumbles of thunder as one normally would; it is pretty cool actually! It sounded nothing like what played on this video unless they altered the sound to make it sound louder than it actually was.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Thats completely untrue. I have first hand heard thunder rumble near constantly like that while playing baseball (well really sitting in the car at the field cause it caused a game delay) back in highschool. It wasn't quite that dramatic as the video but if a scientist says it can happen and the video seems to show it happening during what is clearly a storm, why the hell should I doubt it just cause I "want" to believe in something more elaborate or supernatural?? Pretending you know more about the acoustics of a storm and the earth just because you personally haven't heard it is a slippery slope to ignorance. Whatever though, instead of doing some research into the scientists' explanation ignorantly claim its "impossible" just based on your feelings or limited personal experiance, have fun with that.

PS its pretty ironic you tell me to "pipe down and let people speak their mind" just because I don't agree with you... Did you not even realize the irony of such a sentence when you typed it?

I won't even justify your first statement as you've still provided me with no tangible proof to support your theory.

In terms of the "irony" you speak of...I didn't create this thread to argue the legitimacy of the NWS statement, I made it quite clear in my OP that I believe their theory is B.S. This thread was created to discuss alternative theories. In essence, your previous post is off topic.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesethguy
omg really?! I'm a frequent reader of ATS just for curiosity and saw that this was on the front page of the site. I live in central Florida about 2 miles from an international airport. I hear this sound around 100 times a day from my home. It's that rumble, it's really really loud, and sounds like it could come from any direction. So... yeah, airplane. Thanks.

Very possible! So why does the National Weather Service label this as rolling thunder??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thesethguy

I agree it sounds like an jet flying low. However, this goes on for quite a long time, longer than the time it would take for a plane to fly past.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by darkest4

I have heard ducting myself it sounds like regular thunder except it keeps rolling on continuously and you do not hear the break between the rumbles of thunder as one normally would;

Isn't that exactly whats in the video lol?? Continuous rumbling with no break, thats what I heard. Just because its louder than you're used to doesn't mean it cant be true. Could be closer than normal or just the conditions carried the sound better so it was louder etc.. /shrug

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Rofl its not "my theory", its the theory of weather EXPERTS... I love how I have to magically come up with impossible "proof" but you and everyone else can push their "theories" with zero proof as long as it goes against what the scientists say, thats fair bro /eyeroll. Theres just as much if not more "proof" for it (for example.. duh theres an actual storm there... rain/lightning etc which supports it being thunder) than there is for any other "theory" you or others want to believe plus its backed by scientists so... occam's razor....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wonder if it's related to the mystery earthquake reported the other day. www.wftv.com... The story does mention reports of sonic booms:

The 911 call was one of about a dozen calls that poured into Flagler County. An unexplained phenomenon, described as everything from a low rumble to a window shaking movement, rattled residents from St. Augustine to the Volusia County. "The ground rumbled and the building rumbled. Definitely abnormal for here," a resident told WFTV. WFTV found at least two people who have experienced sonic booms and earthquakes from their time spent in California.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

These weather channels must think we are 5, no way could thunder consistently go on for nearly 10 minutes! also the flash at the end then followed by the silence hmmmm sounds pretty alien or ufo-ish to me!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No way that was a plane from an AFB. I live in one of the 2 bases that have the B-1 and they don't last that long.
If it was that, it would at least fade away and/or hear different planes at the same time, but it's one solid sound.'

That is very strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think the flash is just lightning. Its not really a coincidence in my view as its not like it stops insantly afterwards.

I would like to know what it is though!!

link   

Last month wasnt there some sort of "excercise" going on that the military was giving warnings about gps and other weirdness?

Wonder if its related?

I'm leaning toward haarp. "High Technology Craft" (my choice description for UFO) isnt out of the question though.

I dont think you could keep a jet running that hard in a close area for that long without major "issues".

Or it could just be swamp gas. It is Florida

link   

We heard it here in San Diego, CA at around 3pm PST. wow..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

i have no reason to believe it's a Ship that landed and took off in a flash somewhat like the Jerusalem UFO Sighting but i wonder if that sound was heard before or maybe this time they landed and last time they were preparing to land but got scared off ...either way it's creepy and hidden well by our Media

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
edited post, Just read someone put the same link up.
sorry
edit on 20-3-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How very strange.

And at the end the poster asks if it was HAARPO as opposed to HAARP...lol...while Oprah Winfrey with her mega corporation does go by the name of HARPO, and is probably one of the most powerful forces on the planet, I don't think she was responsible for this. Ha.

Star/flag

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join