It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well so far, the rocket test is most similar. And I think I heard her say something along the lines of "some of these are known to last for an hour," or something? As if she had prior knowledge or had heard of them or something. But the call sounded more or less believable I guess. It is possible though that someone dubbed the sound of a rocket test onto the video, and then mixed the live audio in. The camera didn't seem to shake really to me.

On the other hand, they don't just park a massive rocket in the middle of a neighborhood and start firing it... And as to military jets, is that what afterburners on a full fire engine test would sound like from 4 miles away? To me it sounded like the source was closer. That source is vibrating earth- you can hear it saturate the entire low end all the way down to the mic's limit.

That's kind of what I was getting at with the 20mins thing, I've looked and so far can't find a prolonged standing aircraft test at full thrust at that length of time, maybe perhaps an engine on a testbed. There are variable sounds in the OP video, but with an underlying low down constant noise..there may be even lower down noise that is not picked up. I can hear some harmonics and discords as well, and I note the trees in the video. At one point the sound gets saturated to distortion, which could be due to nearby canyons of varying size reverberating the sound, but we don't have that info.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavis

Thanks for bringing this back up. The Aurora was addressed on the first page, but i guess nobody got that far. Anyway, I think it's a pretty plausible explanation, definitely better than 2 F-18's. I also posted this on the first page which I think may help explain that it could very well have been military aircraft.

FXUS62 KTAE 090203
AFDTAE
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
903 PM EST TUE MAR 8 2011

...SEVERE STORMS POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY...

UPDATE...THE FORECAST FOR TONIGHT APPEARS TO BE ON TRACK WITH GRADUALLY INCREASING CLOUD COVER AND LOW TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM THE MID 50S OVER THE EASTERN FORECAST AREA TO NEAR 60 OVER THE WEST. A FEW SHOWERS COULD REACH THE WESTERN BORDER AREAS LATE TONIGHT BUT MOST OF THE SIGNIFICANT RAIN SHOULD HOLD OFF UNTIL DURING THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY. ALTHOUGH RADARS THIS EVENING ARE PICKING UP ECHOES ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA...THESE ECHOES ARE LIKELY THE RESULT OF MILITARY CHAFF AND NOT RAINFALL AS THERE IS CURRENTLY LITTLE CLOUD COVER WHERE THESE ECHOES ARE LOCATED.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have been noticing this in the mid-west for almost 2 years now. One day the rumbling literally lasted 12 hours occasionally stopping for a few minutes and building back up. I've tried to connect it to trains,airplanes, highway traffic but i have realized this is not it. Thanks for posting this video, as i don't have the resources to record these rumblings and they have been frightening when they get extremely loud and can sometimes shake the house. The rumblings do not happen daily, but at least 4-5 days a week, weekends or not, daytime or nighttime, it happens.

It is creepy hearing the same sound i hear here almost 2,000 miles away.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
On 3/18/2011 there were 911 calls reporting that the ground was shaking north of Daytona, Florida. I started this thread about it.
Shaking wasn't EQ
I think it has to do with the military. Maybe a sonic boom or tunneling.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is this what you guys heard over there in Florida?

web.mit.edu...

Initially circular orbit, into rapidly spinning black hole is what that sound is.

It is the initial circular orbit into rapidly spinning black hole gravitational wave signature. The sound is how the waves respond like a rumble. There is something headed this way and it is getting closer as we speak so close now that the sounds are apparent.

This is a computer generated model of what those waves sound like;

web.mit.edu...

Very similar to what was heard in Florida.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Could it be just rain hitting whatever they were standing under?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

The whole County heard it Poster.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks so much OP for bringing this for us to see - Doubt you will ever get to the bottom of it but at least - if I ever experience similar or others we can start coralating info.

S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Out of everything possible that I checked out this is the best fit. Being florida and all this is a possibility. It is also possible the video poster is fooling people. The rocket test must be heard for miles and miles with rain being a by product of the test.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I watched this video fullscreen with my Beyerdynamic DT770 studio headphones on - this thing seems to be getting very close to the house, like less than 100 meters maybe. Its definately not hiding in the clouds but it's rather either an alien craft or a new type of secret man made craft operating in invisible mode.

Also i noticed that, except of the flash at the end, there are 2 flashes occuring much earlier in the video at around 2:15, followed by the woman saying "oh man" right after each flash and the man says "WTH...". During those flashes she's not pointing the cam towards the sky but you can clearly see the reflections of the flashes on the surfaces of the house.

I also don't believe that the noise came from yet engines on a nearby air base because if that was the case, these people who seem to be filming out of their own home would have been more or less familiar with such type of sound and woudn't be worried that much wondering what that could be.

Ko3
edit on 20-3-2011 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

I'm being honest when I say “I didn't read that post."
My assumptions are based on the graphs in the thread and pulse sounds in the OPs video

edit on 20-3-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I live in South East, PA and have heard a similar sound on multiple nights. This was about 2 months ago, and even though it was cold outside I always have my windows cracked slightly. The sound was a consistent rumble, at first I thought it was snow thunder, which is rare but not unheard of. Yet this was too consistent for thunder. I began to justify it as an airplane, but quickly realized that wasn't possible since the sound was not moving away.
I was actually lurking, more or less, on this forum at the time and read some of the post that were linked earlier in this thread. I haven't thought much of it since but this definitely has the gears turning again.

edit on 20-3-2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The problem with that rocket test theory is that there isn't a rocket test facility withing hearing distance of that town. Also, if you watch the video - there is no way that anyone in a residential neighborhood would be able to hear a rocket test that loud - they bought all the land in the surrounding area.

Not to mention, IF it were a rocket test these people are hearing - then this wouldn't have been the first time they had heard it, right?

edit on 20-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Not to mention, IF it were a rocket test these people are hearing - they this wouldn't have been the first time they had heard it, right?

You are assuming that people dont hoax. This would be an easy hoax. The rocket test and the video in th op has the same frequency and length. As it stands I would say rocket test but always open to other possibilities. Always!

There is that child in me too that wishes it was aliens or something scifi.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Where is the news stories and sources for this?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Slightly off topic...

I live in Flagler County, in Florida. Just a few days ago (I think it was the 18th), I know it was between 9:15 and 9:30 am. I was just waking up, our front windows were open to take advantage of the perfect weather. I heard a rumbling, and whatever it was moved the air enough to make my curtains move back and forth for about 5 seconds. They weren't moving like they do in a breeze, they moved back and forth pretty quickly, and they only traveled about 6 inches max. I live on a dirt road, and there are tons of logging trucks that go through here. The rumble from the trucks is loud but you can hear the metal banging around. There used to be a lot of fighter jets that would pass very low, which is a very distinct sound. The jets would also do some sort of test bombing towards Ocala, at Pine Castle Impact Range ( www.globalsecurity.org... ). This rumble was different, because it moved the air very rapidly. The bombings never caused anything like that.

Later that day the local news said something about it for maybe 10 seconds, just telling that there was no explanation, no damage, and that the military wasn't doing any bombing runs at Pine Castle.

Now I decided to look it up again, to see if maybe some new info was available.
www.myfoxorlando.com...
The day of "The Rumble" it was specifically said that there were no bombing missions going on in the area.

I have lived in this place for 18 years. I have heard the bombings LOTS of times. Not once did the air move at the house from it.

edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sounds like something is hovering in the air, might have a cloaking device. Interesting video is there any more similar to this one?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Very cool case! 6 minutes of that sound is intense, and the flash adds for an extra spooky ending
I'm going with primitive alien technology checking Florida out above the cloud line, then buggering off

Would be good to hear some more reports of this incident from other locations. I also tried to check for lightning strikes around that area at the time but haven't had much luck. You'd think a noise like that would have stirred up a couple more videos. Still - genuinely odd, and hopefully otherworldly

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Sounds like military aircraft in a holding pattern flying around possibly waiting to land?
Spike

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I live in central Florida, about 30 miles from any airport. On March 17th I woke up at 5:15 in the morning to that very same noise. I at first thought it was a tornado; but upon inspection from my patio realized there was absoluetly no wind. It lasted about 10 minutes. I still don't know what it was. While it had rained early in the night, it had stoped for several hours and even then there was no lightening or thunder.

Plane? Thunder?

More like this?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by mesle123 because: just to add

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join