It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
I have been noticing this in the mid-west for almost 2 years now. One day the rumbling literally lasted 12 hours occasionally stopping for a few minutes and building back up. I've tried to connect it to trains,airplanes, highway traffic but i have realized this is not it. Thanks for posting this video, as i don't have the resources to record these rumblings and they have been frightening when they get extremely loud and can sometimes shake the house. The rumblings do not happen daily, but at least 4-5 days a week, weekends or not, daytime or nighttime, it happens.

It is creepy hearing the same sound i hear here almost 2,000 miles away.

I live right on the west side of Lake Michigan between two major metropolis'. I've noticed since a small kid that sound interacts with the large body of water in interesting ways. Is it possible that this sound is actually originating on water and not in the sky?

I know the flash would have to be worked in there somehow, but I've experienced sounds similar to this when machinery or large ships would pass and the sound was almost vibratory as it bounced around/across the water. Many times I've heard boat engine noise and factory machinery noise from very far away that, if it weren't for the sound "traveling" on the water I would normally not be able to hear if it were being transmitted through the air only. Of course in the case of boat engines, ships etc you have the gradual increasing and diminishing of sound that is noticeable.

Sound supposedly travels about 4.3 times faster IN water, what about on top of it, and it would slow down when hitting land I would guess (kitchen table scientist here), so maybe sound can bottleneck when suddenly coming up against land? :-)

Anyways, interesting thread. I always hear a continual hum so these threads interest me and thought I'd throw the sound / water idea out there, as Florida has much H2o in all directions it really shouldn't be ignored. Anything of note happening off the coast? Ships, oil rigs, military?

Come to think of it, wouldn't the auditory sound from an earthquake in Japan have to bounce itself around the globe like a pinball machine for a while before finally expending itself...somewhere?

Ocean Acoustics

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Last week, my co-workers and I made it a point to go outside to catch the latest final space shuttle mission as it re-entered the atmosphere. The news stations had the precise time for re-entry. We're in Tampa, so the time was 11:57 AM I believe. First we saw sunlight glint off of an object as it vanished into clouds at a spectacular speed. Then, we heard a double sonic boom. Sort of a low rumble-rumble. Nothing like the sustained roiling thunder from your video.

Being former Air Force, I've been stationed everywhere from Arkansas to Virginia, from North Dakota to Hawaii, from the Azores to Korea, from Spain to Arizona, from England to Texas, and from North Carolina to Florida. I've heard and experienced a lot of different kinds of lightning and thunder.

I can say this, nowhere else in the world are there thunderstorms like those in Florida, especially here in Tampa. Several times over my years here, some storms sounded like ARTILLERY. Not normal storms from a lifetime of them around the world (I happen to sleep like a baby during thunderstorms and have never feared them). Several of the storms here in Tampa over the past couple of years have felt more intensified, louder and with a kinetic concussion not present in "normal" thunderstorms. Scientists have stated something about "super lightning" or something to that effect. NASA has released information about ANTIMATTER being released over active thunderstorms in the last few months (picked up by their satellites in the form of positronic particles).

Could it be that some storms release more antimatter than others? Perhaps this accounts for the EXTREMELY INTENSE storms experienced over Tampa during the last few years. And, perhaps there are more controlled antimatter *interactions* going on above thunderstorms that explain the low rumble you heard. Personally, it would cause me to consider whether or not to take an unplanned vacation if I'd heard what you heard in the video.

It's good that you documented it. Other communities in the north east have complained about low rumbles COMING FROM UNDERGROUND that are unexplained. Now, we have low rumbles from the atmosphere... Hmmmmmm..... It raises the question: "What is going on!!??"

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

well regardless of if it was a plane or not, compareing the normal noise you hear from a plane taking of and landing to an engine test will not work. it would be like expecting a car to never make a louder noise than it does whilst driving, yet when you want to warm the car up you rev it and give it full power, which is louder than when driving, what do you think they do during engine tests? they are going to give it full power.

this is the sort of engine testing i have in mind to account for the o.p. video, not a guy in a cockpit just flipping the engines on or off.

edit on 21-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr

NZ what is this noise? is he talking to NEW ZEALAND? or this a typo. ?

Ashyr, I asked the same thing quite a few pages back. But I think very few people are actually reading anyone else's responses. Just posting responses of their own. I hope you get an answer. I will watching for it.
lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That is STRANGE. Even if you accepted the NWS excuse, was there even a storm any where near you that day ? I heard something similar about 2 weeks ago, but thought it was a aircraft even though I didn't see one.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
That's the sound of the Langoilers coming to eat the "deserted world that 'time' has left behind".
en.wikipedia.org...

But seriously. "Ducting"? OK. If that's what they want us to believe...

Langoliers is EXACTLY what i thought when i heard this sound...(from the book, never saw the movie)!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Gas blow (video)
Natural Gas Well Frac Release (1)(video)
Natural Gas Well Frac Release (2)(video)

That sounds just like it to me. Srry couldn't get the vids to imbed for some reason.

edit on 3/21/1111 by NoAngel2u because: videos would not imbed.

edit on 3/21/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've been in 2 tornado's and 2 hurricanes.
That sounds like a tornado.
Tornado's sound like constant thunder, and to me that's what it sounded like.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
I've been in 2 tornado's and 2 hurricanes.
That sounds like a tornado.
Tornado's sound like constant thunder, and to me that's what it sounded like.

I've been in 2 tornadoes as well and I recall them sounding just like the train coming down the tracks across town, but never heard the train whistle, like it usually does when it comes through town, and of course the tornadoes were much louder. I recall thinking my great grandmother was right, they do sound like trains. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

Thank you for at least listening to it. The point of me posting it was to show that the earth makes sounds when it moves. I just finished reading a different thread where a scientist states that a precursor to earthquakes or ground movement is sounds resonating.

Geomagnetic flux, often a precursor to mighty quakes, is sometimes accompanied by strange harmonics: people see colors dancing in the sky or hear what sounds like discordant music.

source

I think this is more accurate of what may be happening. Land movement.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

but there is no wind in the O.P. video, if the tornado was that loud it would have to be blowing a bit where they were the trees would show some signs of breeze?

so either it was not a tornado or it was a tornado but the sound was dubbed over the video.

another engine test

edit on 21-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Venting off high pressure gas (video)
Natural gas blow out (video)

Yup, I think this is what they were hearing. Sure wish they'd put that noise damper on the one near me. Might have to go suggest it. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has noticed this from a thread posted some time ago. Sounds related and even mentions a light flashing right before the noise ended.

The noise was so loud that she thought she would look our her window. She said Holy S**t I think I just saw a meteor. She described a light as big as a basket ball twice the height of trees flash across the sky. As soon as she saw the light the noise stopped abruptly.

Super Loud Sound From Sky (March 30th, 2007)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I had posted about this in the Arkansas Swarm thread by Robin Marks. I live in FL and a friend had ReTweeted
a tweet by Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel about this "event". I saw the weather alert while it was up but it later was removed. I live just outside Eglin AFB (60 miles E of Pensacola). Eglin has a HAARP "reciever".

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

37 Eglin AFB, FL DISS 084 EG931 30.4 273.2 USAF Dr. Terence W. Bullett [email protected]

My post here at ATS about this event:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

This sound so much like the hum in TAOS NM .

Sound 99.9 percent just like the Taos New Mexico Hum. No person has ever found out where it comes from. It sure is not thunder. The Hum in Taos NM has nothing to do with wind or thunder either. It's a creepy sound , and it Comes form every direction. some days you hear it some days not. It drives people crazy whom live their. I heard it one time sort of low freq pitch like wind blowing ,but its not wind and seems to be constant. then just stops. Strange thing is ,only some people hear them hum but not everyone.

TAOS Hum

"Some report seeing, lights, flashes of light, shadows, and other visuals during high 'HUM' activity."

I suggest to Google the TAOS New Mexico Hum
edit on 21-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

now that's interesting!!!
corroboration
???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here's an Index for Oil and Gas Maps in Florida, for anyone interested investigating if there are any near her location that may have been the source of the noise.

Index

lol Now I shall take my leave of this thread, satisfied with what I think it is, and let the flights of fancy keep on flying.
Have fun ya'll. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here is where Eglin AFB is and approx area of "strange sound warning".

edit on 21-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

Edited to change graphic
edit on 21-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
what was interesting to me was that there was some sort of interference the ENTIRE time that the noise was occurring. But as soon as the light flashed and the sound stopped THE INTERFERENCE WENT AWAY!! Obviously a camcorder is an electronic device so some sort of ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE was happening simultaneously to the noise. Hmmmmmmmm. The Aurora jet theory to explain this can not explain the 20 minute long noise for it travels 8000 mph and could gone from Area 51 to Cape Canaveral in 20 min Maybe less! Do you think the military would just flight it in a big circle to test it? The rumble happened over a fairly small area and the pilot would be preety dizzy flying 8000 mphs in a circle for 20 minutes. And idk how stealthy a military jet would be if it was to admit an incredibly bright flash of light. The thunder theory is just laughable. HAARP could explain the electromagnetic interference and MAYBE the flash of light but HAARP is supposed to create the Aurora Borialis because of ionization in the atmosphere and as far as i know this was not seen by anybody ((For the record it was cloudy and raining)) So if anybody has some evidence or video or something to link HAARP to a sort of rumble as in this video than we may have some good supporting evidence to expose it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It must some weather manipulation machine.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join