It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

ETA: For captainKing908......

Replying to my own post but for the poster just above ( 2 or 3 posts by now probably!!) here is part of a reply to the SOURCE I mentioned in my previous post....

The sound slowly moved south west and towards Richmond, still shrieking loudly, where I later heard on the radio they had a "mysterious power disappearance" from the power grid, and were blacked out for a few hours. I am wondering if anyone else heard that God awful sound. Thanks.

edit on 21-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I hope that Mods know that special weather statements are written and posted in 'all caps' on the weather sites themselves, so will of course be pasted in here as 'all caps' as well.

I lived on the Gulf Coast and we had odd 'booms' that occurred all of the time- at least once a week during some months. These 'booms' would literally shake the glass in the windows and knick knacks on the walls.
One was so bad one morning that it sent the kids in to jump up on my bed in fear. Shook the floor. I would check to see if the space shuttle was incoming - to make sure it wasn't it coming in and making a sonic boom.
But these seemed 'lower to the ground' somehow - like they were rolling in across the countryside.

There was never an explanation of this on the news. Especially bad ones would be reported by enough people that they would have to make mention of it, but it was usually attributed to 'incoming meteor shocks' etc.

I have no clue what is going on down there, but it's damn strange.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Last year myself and my brother were out in the Phelan are of victorville calif. But about 10 miles east of there to be more precise.
We heard the same noise, it was preceeded by vibrations. We were in an area that is completely flat for 25 miles in each direction. I got up on the bumper (which elevated the horizon line by approx. 18 miles further, NOTHING!! It lasted from the time of the vibrations to the end 24 minutes.
Anyone anywhere anytime experience this same phenom???? please post
Thank you

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I would hear this frequently in Tucson, Arizona. Since the couple live only 4 miles away from an airfield, it is the noise of jet airplanes blasting their engines. When I lived in Tucson, and about 10 miles away from Davis-Monthan airfield, you would hear this alot! I don't know why they fire their engines so long, but it was quiet common. Nothing to worry about. It sounds like this procedure was done during a thunderstorm, hence the lightning. That, or a backfiring of the engines.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captainKing098

Someplace near TAOS NM their is a bombing range and the Germans fly their German made aircraft on high speed runs low to the ground then straight up sometimes. I know it's not the jet engines, but some people whom live their have said after they leave you will hear a HUM sometimes, like about an hour later. I never seen the German aircraft, nor heard them, so maybe I got their after they left. Most in Taos thinks its military related, some think it's a sinister Los Alamos project with the Germans. but no one know for sure where the sound comes from or originates. The other thing is the people in Taos have heard every excuse. Weather, Jets, Space Anomaly, to Wind in the canyons-when their is no wind, storms, thunder. mini-tornadoes, Sonic booms, Sound or Wind from the earth rotating- I myself thought that one was doozy. there is allot more, you name it .

one thing thats comes with the sound in Taos NM is Flashes of light. That right, same thing. seen it myself.
flash, flash, some sound then flash, strange stuff to say the least

edit on 21-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I know that Nasa was super busy around this time launching rockets... two of which are secret missions....

March 5 : The Atlas V rocket, carrying "baby space shuttle", launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
March 9 : Shuttle Discovery landed at KSC around 11:57 a.m
March 11: Delta IV rocket carrying spy satellite launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

I also looked around on MUFON to find any related reports. I found a case that sounds similar only it occurred in Cocoa, FL

Case Number: 28251
Log Number: US-03162011-0012
Submitted Date: 2011-03-16 22:38 GMT
Event Date: 2011-03-16 21:30 GMT
City: Cocoa
Region: Florida
Longitude: -80.7419984
Latitude: 28.3861159
Shape: Disc
Distance: Unknown
Vallee Index: CE1
Description:

i was in my kitchen washing dishes when there was a very loud sound outside overhead.it became louder and i could feel the house almost shake,i ran outside to see what it was and it was an extremely large disc like object that was so low just barely hovering over our house and continued on over the houses in the neighborhood.i originally thought a plane was going to crash because of the loud sound that you could actually feel..but it very slowly just glided overhead.it was far bigger than a plane or jet and the shape was disc like but with no specific color almost appearing clear but yet you could see it was a solid shape.most recognizable about the shape was the middle with a bright lit up triangle with multi color lights.they did not flash anywhere and the lights in the shape of the triangle always stayed lit.i watched it till it was out of sight,,then my adult son came out to see what was going on and then i told him what i saw out there and pointed to the directions from which it came and went.he then told me of this sight and this is how i came to be here telling you what i just saw.i still cannot believe what i have just experienced..i even walked back out there hoping to see it again but of course i didnt.my son asked me why i didnt call him..i explained to him that when i was out there watching it i was in such awe and couldnt take my eyes off of it.if i ran back into the house i would lose track of it.this is the first time i have seen something like this out here.my son also stated that a friend of ours saw the same exact thing with the same exact description roughly 10 years ago.i am amazed at what i just saw..wish i could see it again..funny i didnt feel afraid once i saw it.no photos.
Media: None
edit on 21-3-2011 by mishmallow8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
To me, that sounded like a large aircraft doing Full Power Engines Runs.

They can last for some time. as they are timed for Exhaust Gas Margin calculation.

They can be loud, and if the winf is in the right direction then????

I am just saying that's the first thing I think of when I see that video. and hear the noise.

Yeah but what's the flash of light then? The engine blew up?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
I hope that Mods know that special weather statements are written and posted in 'all caps' on the weather sites themselves, so will of course be pasted in here as 'all caps' as well.

I lived on the Gulf Coast and we had odd 'booms' that occurred all of the time- at least once a week during some months. These 'booms' would literally shake the glass in the windows and knick knacks on the walls.
One was so bad one morning that it sent the kids in to jump up on my bed in fear. Shook the floor. I would check to see if the space shuttle was incoming - to make sure it wasn't it coming in and making a sonic boom.
But these seemed 'lower to the ground' somehow - like they were rolling in across the countryside.

There was never an explanation of this on the news. Especially bad ones would be reported by enough people that they would have to make mention of it, but it was usually attributed to 'incoming meteor shocks' etc.

I have no clue what is going on down there, but it's damn strange.

Hello, The booms you heard originate from Eglin AFB. Sonic booms of air craft, training out on the reservation in munitions, etc. Several years back there was an issue with a radio frequency put out by Eglin AFB was opening garage doors some 40 miles away. They "tweaked" it and the problem stopped.

Old timers here swear that Roswell crash parts and what-not were brought & stored here at Eglin. Within 30 miles of Eglin, the United States 2nd largest military base per sq ft, we have the Gulf Breeze lights & phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I know everyone is just weighing in with their opinions of info but has anyone heard of or known of this type of sound that is experience for such a large area? 10 Counties???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
Here's an Index for Oil and Gas Maps in Florida, for anyone interested investigating if there are any near her location that may have been the source of the noise.

Index

lol Now I shall take my leave of this thread, satisfied with what I think it is, and let the flights of fancy keep on flying.
Have fun ya'll. lol
edit on 3/21/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

I know...so strange that people are just skipping over all of your posts and the posts of a few others. At first I thought that maybe people were not actually reading the thread. But they are replying to others who posted after all of your posts. So...

lol

The recordings which you posted in your previous two posts sure do sound an awful lot like what the OP posted.

I am not totally convinced yet, but they do sound so much alike. And for me to be convinced of anything, I would want to hear and acknowledge ALL ideas. Otherwise, how would one know for sure that they had ruled out all other possibilities?

I would really love to hear the opinions of some others to the affirmative or the contrary.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr

NZ what is this noise? is he talking to NEW ZEALAND? or this a typo. ?

I'm not sure what the NZ stands for, I'm not the original author. It has been confirmed that this was taken just outside of Talahassee, Florida however. She gives her address in the video.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Holy crap... I'm not crazy, atleast I hope not.

These are the same noises I explained a while back only mines didn't last this long.

They were essentially about 10 seconds long, at an average of 25 second intervals of silence in between.

I looked all over the net for answers but never got any. But this? This is loud, like the video uploaders were experiencing it alot closer.

Here's a link back to my old thread reporting it. Till this day, I can still hear them. More in the afternoon. I've heard them in the day but brushed them off as some fast flying jet or something.

I live in Central FL, Orlando/Kissimmee area. From my part of town, they sound like they are far away, and according to my compass, they come from South Eastern direction. I'm baffled.

Edit:
I'd also like to add that the pulses here occured on clear nights and cloudy nights. No difference occured by why weather factoring. You don't hear thunder on a star-lit night, and I should've been able to catch a plane on nights like that too, but nope...
edit on 21-3-2011 by Shikamaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Do you think it could have to do with this?

www.youtube.com...

I've tried to find Radar for 03-18-2011 to see if I could see any chem/plaintrails.. after 2hrs..I gave up. I've asked fellow ATS'ers if they know of a web site etc... no response yet. I wish I knew what Nick was using.. UFO Blogger just had this documentary posted on their site... I watched it last nite and made the connection with the tremors and sonic booms coming out of fl. Today I left a comment on that documentary... I went back to see if anyone had answered me yet... it's been takin down. I wrote UFOblogger to ask them why..so far no response.

I wanted to add that Flagler Fl was where the event with the tremors and the sonic boom came from. Anyone know how far apart Flagler is to the OP's position? (yes, I'm lazy..sorry..it's late..lol) I think everyone in FL needs to really keep their eyes out. The midwest with all the earthquakes lately...and now Fl with all the weirdness..might catch something. Military secret testing or Alien or Natural or HARRP...
edit on 21-3-2011 by tracehd1 because: idiotSPELLcheck

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

the poster of the vid on youtube is from New Zealand.

2nd Line!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by annella

the poster of the vid on youtube is from New Zealand.

2nd Line!!

Thank You! At least that part of this Mystery is solved

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am located in Orlando and I witnessed this today around 1-2pm while outside washing the car. I first, not thinking, assumed it was thunder. Then after how long it continued realizing it was also clear skies started to take notice. I have read here before about this phenomenon but never experienced t myself until today. And to my surprise I see this thread. Strange but good to know I was not alone in witnessing this. There are also reports of a large oil slick now in the gulf. Hmmm just wondering if there could venally connections. Most likely not but it did stand out to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
now i have heard rolling thunder for 5 or so minutes strait in kentucky.
I would assume next to a ocean the storms get worse.
So rolling thunder for 10 to 15 min could happen easily.

The old folks around these part call it god turned over his tater wagon lol
It just keeps going and going none stop...
I swear it has to be it..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I live in South Carolina, and a couple of days ago I started to hear these rumbling sounds. I thought I was the only one hearing it, until my mother got really irritated and yell out "what the hell is that?"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey, just found something that was enlightening to me! THIS thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... might answer a few questions.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think what you have there is a hot mop kettle. They sound exactly like that any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join