It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya to give weapons to one million people: report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
I think we're falling for the reports that his entire country despises him & wants him gone. My guess is that a whole heck of a lot of people in his country actually like him & would be willing to fight for him.

I know our media keeps saying that those who pushed the rebels back were paid mercenaries but were they? Where's the proof of that? Every time I saw a report filed from each new territory taken back by the govt there were descent sized crowds in the street showing support for the govt. Our media told us that these people were either paid or forced to do this for the cameras. Again, were they?

I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i wonder what type he's handing out.
wouldn't be surprised if a good percentage were american made/military.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can't wait for him to give out or use chemical weapons. He should give the Palestinians some. I'm sure al-Qaeda would know what to do with them. Will we get to see foreign journalist choking on the news? He could pacify the rebels quickly with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
they will nuke france or italy (false flag) so they can kill that 1 million people. long live new world order long live usa.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Not sure, but I'd guess that now would be an excellent time to get your hands on an AK if you had some contacts in the region. Out of 1,000,000 I'd guess quite a few would find their way into the black market.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Can't wait for him to give out or use chemical weapons. He should give the Palestinians some. I'm sure al-Qaeda would know what to do with them. Will we get to see foreign journalist choking on the news? He could pacify the rebels quickly with them.

especially since the rebels mainly come from one region

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

I don't think so.
Either Russian or Chinese.

America paid Gadhaffi in US Dollars,
Gadhaffi then used US Dollars to buy
weapons from Russia and China.
Doesn't sound like humanitarian aid
does it????

A lot of those guns I saw in the videos
on both sides in Libya were either older
Russian or older Chinese. Maybe sold to
Gadhaffi from outdated stockpiles.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Look what happened in Irak .... Just because the leaders gone doesn´t make it plain sailing !

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
The guns he has were sold to him by the English among others.

English? I think you syhould start to realise it's British, not jsut "English. At any rate, I didn't realise we were a leading supplier in AK-47's...

The only defence deal done with Libya by the UK was for military radios. The rest of the arms deals were French and German. Go look it up instead of trying to push you obvious anti-English bias.

Both Libyan waring sides along with the general population have said numerous times that they did NOT want foregin intervention.

Actually, the rebels have been calling for the NFZ for weeks. They don't want ground forces, but they certainly don't object to the NFZ. I suppose all those rebels celebrating in Benghazi when the NFZ was declared and the French stopped Gaddafis tanks shelling the city were false then?

The Arab league has now come out and said that this in not what they agreed to. It was a no fly zone they requested not attacks.

They knew the score before they signed up and the UAE and Yemen are actively taking part in the attacks. They are only doing this to save face among their people who might buy into the whole "NATO bombed a hospital full of orphaned, one-eyed, paraplegic children with cancer" stories.

The USA, UK and France have just decide to go gung ho so they can try and get their hands on the oil. They dont give a shi* about the population or Gadaffi.

The Oil argument is not only tiring but false. We already had access to their oil and probably at better rates than what we'll get afterwards by any new Libyan Government. Try something different.

I think its disgraceful how they can pick and chose who they decide to attack. They didnt do much against Israel as they were bombing and killing innocent and unarmed palestinians.

The UK and Franec are actually quite critical of Israel in that regard but we cannot do anything because of the US support for them.

link   

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ya, Jurasic park was a documentary.

Ya I don't think France has any but my point was I don't think there gonna hit war planes with rifles, and i think Britain actually does have planes bombing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
What are they gonna shoot? Rapters?

I thought Dinosaurs were extinct

lol, just kidding. couldn't pass
on that play of words. lmao

I wasn't aware that France had any Raptors ??
Maybe US & UK, but didn't think they were
adapted for the US Navy on a carrier.

Nah, we don't have any. We're using Tornado GR4's and Typhoons.

F-22's are reportedly being deployed but I have yet to actually see any.

France has been using their Rafale's and Mirage 2000's.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I totally agreee with you to me its like a big NATO war party as oil for champagne for the winners the west has attacked a sovereign country again loaded with oil .
The uk sent a fighter jet all the way from southern england to blast a few targets and return where is the scence in that surely thoses target could of been took out by a fighter in there area ??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I heard of this briefly yesterday on Al Jazeera English but I thought I may have heard wrong. Guess not.

Perhaps Gaddafi believes the Coalition is going to send in the troops in which case maybe his goal is to bog down the 'enemy' (maybe he knows something we don't).

Freely giving arms to the people would definitely complicate things and may result in long drawn out affair. Gaddafi will most likely not last long and I think he's trying to set up a quagmire for all forces involved.

This whole situation may end up closely mirroring the events that took place in Iraq.

AS
edit on 20-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + added

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

We actually sent over a dozen Tornado's from the RAF bases in the UK because it takes time to forward deploy the ground crew and armament to Italy. Typhoons are on their way to Italy now.

Please people, when is some common sense going to enter these debates, or has that all been left at the front door?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Nah, we don't have any. We're using Tornado GR4's and Typhoons.
F-22's are reportedly being deployed but I have yet to actually see any.
France has been using their Rafale's and Mirage 2000's.

I would agree with that,
I saw Tornados and Typhoons in that RT footage.
But who's to say it wasn't archive footage??
Maybe some footage of them flying in Libya
might give us more info.
star 4 u

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

We actually sent over a dozen Tornado's from the RAF bases in the UK because it takes time to forward deploy the ground crew and armament to Italy. Typhoons are on their way to Italy now.

Please people, when is some common sense going to enter these debates, or has that all been left at the front door?

Still makes no sense to send a fighter jet on a 3000mile round trip to libya and back to UK when the same targets could of been took out by jets in the area

edit on 20-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Freely giving arms to the people would definitely complicate things and may result in long drawn out affair.

actually this may be an advantage for the
UN Led forces. Once Gadhaffi puts rifles
in the hands of civilians, then they become
an enemy. So bombing civilians is justified
if they have weapons. No collateral damage
on civilians.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For those who are saying this does not make any sense, it is because you have been listening to the MSM too much. This makes perfect sense and solidifies the public support for current Libyan regime. The invasion of Iraq was never about democracy, they already had a democratic system and it was all about the oil. The same is happening here in Libya, it is all about the oil once more.

With the west supposedly being democratic nations, there is no public support for unwarranted conflict. This is not good for those in the war industry as it puts them out of a job, hence 9/11. A lot of people are onto this trick so a new one is needed, invasion under a humanitarian flag. Every nation has its secret services and collection of horror stories, so blow them up in the media. Then introduce some gun fights and blame it on the current government. While the UN deceleration of a no fly zone may not sound like war, that is exactly what it is. Once the country has been crippled from the bombing runs then send in the ground troops as 'peace keepers'.

If the international community cared about Libya and its people then it would have used more diplomatic means similar to Egypt to help resolve the issues. After thousands of years of ongoing conflict between eastern and western cultures not much has been learnt. What this international action has done is help to unify the county under a common threat. There are no weapons that can change a man's heart. For those who think you will have Gadaffi's head on a plate in two weeks you are dreaming in your own arrogance. How long did it take to find Saddam Hussein? We could also talk about Osama Bin laden but we all know that was just a stooge. With the support of his people you will have to turn over every rock in the county first.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The Tornado's are capable of launching Stormshadow cruise missiles. No other jet can do that. The Typhoons haven't yet had the upgrade to do the job. The Torndao's will be moving in closer to Italy soon enough, but in terms of last nights bombardment, it would have taken them too long to forward deploy then attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join