It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space travel through wormholes?................Doubtful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I say that the space travel through wormholes is doubtful because scientists say that
wormholes will be unstable and and hence unsuitable for space travel.

Once wormholes are formed they collapse again.They could be stabilized by by matter
with negative energy and negative gravity.

Unfortunately these particles only exist in theory.

If you have something solid please put forward your theories.

Claudius.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've got NOTHING.

However, I will S&F because I want to read the responses

-Mike

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

The way i see it is that Wormholes would crush and bend matter through space, Currently we would not have the technology to essentially go through one *Like butter

But we are so far off any of that "stuff" anyway, we need to perfect space travel and send Dr. Zefram Cochrane into warp first lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
They said 25 km/h was impossible back in the day.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Fraud or not, John Titor posted an interesting view on this. According to him, a wormhole can be stabilized and Hawking Radiation can be controlled. I read it a while back, but it seemed very plausible. On the other hand, I'm falling asleep as I type this so I'll leave you with the link before passing out. Howling at the "Super Moon" takes a heavy toll.

Here ya go:

www.johntitor.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Too many artifacts depicting wormholes for me to throw the idea out like yesterdays newspaper. Seems like the Sumarian, Egyptian AND the Mayan glyphs suggest wormholes. IF we want to believe in history being recorded on stone instead of myth. I am open to those glyphs being some form of our history at this point.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
I say that the space travel through wormholes is doubtful because scientists say that
wormholes will be unstable and and hence unsuitable for space travel.
There's a huge thread on ATS called "stargates are real"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't believe it but I'm a HUGE fan of the TV show stargate SG-1, the sequels weren't quite as good but still interesting. They have a whole sci-fi explanation of wormhole travel just like the Star Trek series has the theoretical warp drive engine.

Sometimes science fiction becomes science fact. Then again, sometimes it doesn't.

Who can predict what we will be capable of in a thousand years? A million years? I think 100 years ago, I would have had difficulty predicting 100 years into the future what we have today.

As my sig says, I'm open minded but not such that my brain falls out. Given our current technology, wormhole travel is brain falling out science. But I'm not closed-minded to the possible development of future technology. We won't see it in our lifetimes though, I'm relatively certain of that.

But in the meantime, if you like this idea, watch stargate SG-1 (see the movie Stargate first, the TV show is a sequel), and read the thread "stargates are real", I read a little bit but never found anything convincing. It's too long to read the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

join