It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Just for the heck of it, I turned on the GPS in my car, which is parked in a garage facing due south.

The GPS even retained the previous 'S' heading while it was searching for satellites.

As soon as it locked on to a sufficient number of satellites, the heading changed to 'SW'.

Bizarre. I'm convinced we're experiencing a magnetic pole shift.

How long before the MSM starts reporting these geomagnetic anomalies and what will be the public's reaction?

As you yourself stated, the GPS system calculated your orientation relative to satellites, not the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OK I was going to come on here and say you're all mad but grabbed my HTC Desire with its compass app and sure enough where N should be it's NE... so I went ALL the way upstairs and grabbed my torch that has a compass on it... that too shows NE...

I am in Essex UK

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Yea i just checked my compass after reading this thread, Its an astronomical compass to help view the stars at night and its very reliable, And it seem to be pointing 20 degrees to the north east, compared with my compass iphone app.

Southwest England.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

"https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_k7ohaJEYswo/TYdVX3th2qI/AAAAAAAAg28/R76ptCNkv-E/s800/DSC01329.JPG" height="600" width="800" />

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

Denvers True north declination for me is 8.65 Degrees East

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Seabas1123

Its an astronomical compass to help view the stars at night

Fascinating. How does it do that, exactly?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My compass is 20 degrees off to the west

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Denver 20 degrees off to the west

picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How does such a picture proof anything? And why the heck did you scratch such a beautiful table?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just thought would post this article for reference here, pardon if it is done so redundantly, as noted lot of talk about the speed at which the pole shift is occurring and 40 mph now, and 5 mph a decade ago, being the attention grabber, of facts!

NASA: The superstorms have arrived - Cracks in Earth's Magnetic Shield

MARCH 15, 2011
current.com...

Another federal agency, NOAA, issued a report caused a flurry of panic when they predicted that mammoth superstorms in the future could wipe out most of California. The NOAA scientists said it's a plausible scenario and would be driven by an "atmospheric river" moving water at the same rate as 50 Mississippi rivers flowing into the Gulf of Mexico.

The Earth's northern magnetic pole was moving towards Russia at a rate of about five miles annually. That progression to the East had been happening for decades.

Suddenly, in the past decade the rate sped up. Now the magnetic pole is shifting East at a rate of 40 miles annually, an increase of 800 percent. And it continues to accelerate.

Recently, as the magnetic field fluctuates, NASA has discovered "cracks" in it. This is worrisome as it significantly affects the ionosphere, troposphere wind patterns, and atmospheric moisture. All three things have an effect on the weather.

Worse, what shields the planet from cancer-causing radiation is the magnetic field. It acts as a shield deflecting harmful ultra-violet, X-rays and other life-threatening radiation from bathing the surface of the Earth. With the field weakening and cracks emerging, the death rate from cancer could skyrocket and mutations of DNA can become rampant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

The table has been through it... LOL.. I guess it does not prove anything.. but Its weird... I have my video camera on the compass right now recording we shall see

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I checked on here www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk...

and sure enough, North should be where I last left it...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I read an article on how pyramid energy can sharpen a razor blade during a full moon.. Scratched the table to align it to true north.. during the full moon I check it and it was off.. i was mad.. Re-scratched the table..(where the pyramid sits now) and the compass is showing something totally different again...

BTW the razor became extremely sharp.. It cut me getting it out of the box.. and it had been used to the point it HURT to shave with.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro

I read an article on how pyramid energy can sharpen a razor blade during a full moon.. Scratched the table to align it to true north.. during the full moon I check it and it was off.. i was mad.. Re-scratched the table..(where the pyramid sits now) and the compass is showing something totally different again...

BTW the razor became extremely sharp.. It cut me getting it out of the box.. and it had been used to the point it HURT to shave with.

got it. but have my problems to believe it anyway. I find if embarrassing, but i did now a line on my table with a pencil, and will look tomorrow if something changed....

edit on 21-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I did not believe the pyramid energy theory either... But luckily it lead to the compass anomaly..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My magnetometer data looks surprisingly like my 2008 10 hr collection from southern VT home

and 2010 data from boston area home....the reading is in mT (1mT=1Gauss) as i forgot to change units.

Sine wave looks similar as do the few inversions. All this means is the earth's giant dipole magnetic

moment is still of similar size and shape on a gross level. What the magnetosphere is doing

and how fast the dipole moment is moving towards siberia are very complex, as we know.

Great idea to keep monitoring this.

When the poles do flip - be it in 2 hours, weeks, or 20 years - it should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro

I did not believe the pyramid energy theory either... But luckily it lead to the compass anomaly..

I know that the pyramid work, for what you are testing, you will see. You can also put sour wine under a pyramid to make it far better and so on. But it's of-topic, so....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

I just wanted to say thanks so much for serving our country. My hubby was in Jbad and Abad last year and couldn't wait to get home and is currently deployed again, but not to the same area. Hurry home safe and thanks again to you and your family for the sacrifices you make.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Repost: North Magnestic pole is shifting slowly to the East.
= New World

edit on 21-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just checked with a homemade compass and google earth and it aligns to magnetic north perfectly!

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join