It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The bees and birds and even the cats in my area have been acting extremely strange lately ive found hundreds of dead bees in my backyard alone. I took video of dozens of them i found and its the most peculiar thing you can blow on them or even lightly hit them and all they do is walk in circles and they appear totally out of faculty like if they were on some powerful hallucinagen I think this magnetic shift must have something to do with it. Ive lived in SoCo for my whole life and have never seen anything like it, Its very eerie if you see it anyone else witness this.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
This picture shows where magnetic north should be where you are at.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

No source per se...just what seems to be the case based on past posts to this thread...

bump
bump2

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Oh great now our minds are blending. I just thought I would read the few previous post then post what I thought was a bit farfeched that maybe the Burmuda Triangle was moving on shore. Then I saw your post. This is really getting freaky. I thought of it because in that part of the Atlantic Ocean the Navy and other ships have to use a special compass incased in fluid to get a proper reading. I wonder if the Navy has noticed anything. My granddaughter is in the Army in N. C. I will call her tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Geronimeaux

Your findings line up with mine.
Interesting.
Just the opposite as everyone else.

Yes, that's very interesting. I'm sure someone in the know is laughing at us all. Someone please take their finger off the HAARP button. I think I need a tin foil hat if I'm going to hang out with this crowd.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mine is pointing 15 deg west of polaris. Upstate NY.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Notice how everything to the right of the "0" degree line swings more to the right

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by technique
The bees and birds and even the cats in my area have been acting extremely strange lately ive found hundreds of dead bees in my backyard alone. I took video of dozens of them i found and its the most peculiar thing you can blow on them or even lightly hit them and all they do is walk in circles and they appear totally out of faculty like if they were on some powerful hallucinagen I think this magnetic shift must have something to do with it. Ive lived in SoCo for my whole life and have never seen anything like it, Its very eerie if you see it anyone else witness this.

My dog walked in circles all day today, but he's blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, plus he's deaf in one ear and hear out the other so maybe that explains it--he's 13yrs old.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My last post of the night.....

Using that map, this is how my compass is reading against that....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Also strange, is my comuter keeps freazing and my cable tv keeps breaking up/freazing.
WTH is going on, never had this happen before....

Could be magnetic?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Odd, don't post much, but live in MD just outside DC, figured I'd pitch in. Have a cheap compass and made one just for fun and both pointing slightly North of due East. I guess you'd say East-Northeast. I'll check the Sun in morn.
Ciao

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Around here, thats called "Another fine product by Time Warner Cable"

link   
Southern Ontario Canada, I'm around East as well for my compass. I even went ahead and made a compass with a paper clip, magnet, bowl of water, and a piece of plastic for the paper clip to float on, and yep, east.

That's weird.

Forgot to mention, My apartment building is pointing due north and south. My compasses are going to the east wall, maybe a little bit off.
edit on 20-3-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Around here, thats called "Another fine product by Time Warner Cable"

Not my internet

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
My last post of the night.....

Using that map, this is how my compass is reading against that....

Yes, my inclination of North is correct. The North on my compass is pointing toward where N.W. usually is and I live in S. Central Texas. This thread is helping me break my 20 post bubble. Great topic MadDog!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by remembering
This picture shows where magnetic north should be where you are at.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go

Thanks for posting that–I was just reading off that site and writing this:

Ok, after reading all this I want to go buy a compass too. But I decided to do a little reading first. I found this:
www.compassdude.com...
It has a map of current east-west declination. And it says this

Notice the black line with 0? on it running down the Mississippi river? Along this particular line, both the geographic and magnetic north poles are in alignment so there is no declination. If you move East of this line, the magnetic north pole will pull your compass needle further and further to the West of geographic north - the angle of compass declination is West Declination. Moving west of the Mississippi river will pull your compass needle further and further to the East.

And that every so often (more often now) you have to reset your compass to line up with magnetic north. That part I understand. The part I don’t get is what compassdude is saying above seems to be the exact opposite of what everyone is reporting. Am I missing something or is he backwards?

He does have a link to US/UK World Magnetic Model -- Epoch 2005.0 Main Field Declination map
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
After lurking here forever (forever!), I finally joined to let you know that I purchased several cheap compass as party favors for a kids party a few weeks ago. They all pointed east. My SO who is mildly certain that the time I spend on this site is destroying my ability to think rationally (but agreed to enlarge the garden anyway) told me I hadn't set them up properly. After spending 20 minutes fiddling with them: they all still pointed east. They were cheap kid toys. But all of them read the same.
I am in PA like the original poster.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I checked with Google Earth, and my compass is pointing North, exactly as it should be, from my position.

I´m in the Netherlands.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just checked from Orange County California. Cork and needle compass appears as normal as is discernible. iPhone compass also appears normal.

ALTHOUGH, several weeks ago I was at a friends place playing with my iphone's compass and for some crazy reason it would not stop reading east as north. I walked around his entire apartment, near the windows, away from the computers and TV, upstairs and even down the hall and it still read east. It also did not say it detected any interference, which is weird because I've noticed it is able to detect things like power lines as interference sources. I figured the compass just sucked but now I'm not so sure...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join