It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Coming out of Lurker status to report

Hamilton, Ontario - North is north.....

Kinda bummed.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The shift happened a couple months ago. Tampa FL airport had to shutdown two runways until they could reprogram their computers and repaint runways for due north.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by arrus75
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

No source per se...just what seems to be the case based on past posts to this thread...

I just wanted to re- post the map.
Perhaps in the late a.m., someone from FL will have something to add.

Nothing to be bummed at.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by genomega

I posted that story a few pages back. And it "didn't happen". A pole shift takes time. It would be more of a gradual swing on a planetary scale. However, it COULD have started. But how long ago, no one knows.

And I, myself, am not totally convinced thats whats causing all the false readings on the east coast of the US. Its just one theory.
edit on 3/20/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I just checked my compass again and it is reading pretty much the same as last weekend.

What it is calling North is actually Northwest which is pretty much opposite of what everyone else is finding
no?
This is why last weekend when trying to show my boys which direction East was with the compass it was pointing us N.E. and we never would have gotten home if I had not been paying attention while we were walking deep into the woods.

I am just West of St. Louis fyi

edit to add:

It is off by about 10 to 12 degrees right now but I swear it was every bit of 20 degrees last weekend.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

link   
Please! This is 20 minutes, but it's worth it. I think this connects. It took me awhile of blind searching through videos to find this vague memory that suddenly occured to me while reading through this thread.

Upon further inspection...there are compass directions on this! This may be a strange sign.

EDIT: Forgot part 2

edit on 20-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: The part from 5:00 on on part 2 is what I am getting at.
edit on 20-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

link   

So, what all would happen if this is a poll shift....
What are the signs, anything or nothing?
EQ's..?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I thought that the sun was rising more from the North East as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75

No source per se...just what seems to be the case based on past posts to this thread...

I just wanted to re- post the map.
Perhaps in the late a.m., someone from FL will have something to add.

I live in South Central Texas and my compass is showing North to be closer to where N.W. usually is. I already posted that, but it's not reflecting on your map. Just so you know.

Nothing to be bummed at.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It seems I remember hearing of that on a news show or something. Anyone know where to pull that info up?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

So, what all would happen if this is a poll shift....
What are the signs, anything or nothing?
EQ's..?

All I know is what people like Michio Kaku have theorized. And I don't put a lot of stock in him after his CNN/Yellowstone fiasco.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Geronimeaux

Your findings line up with mine.
Interesting.
Just the opposite as everyone else.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Interesting.

We have many East/Northeast Magnetic North poles, a couple NW North Poles and a few normal readings.
This is truly becoming very interesting indeed.

That said, I must sleep before my inner poles shift (bad pun, lol). I'll check back here in the morning.

Keep the readings, info and theories rolling in. I'll catch up for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This picture shows where magnetic north should be where you are at.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

There is a program that you can download called Stellarium. I believe you can run a simulation of a sunrise from almost exactly, your coordinates. You can then go outside and see if the sunrise is in the correct area of the sky.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My iphone 4 compass reads true North. Lame

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Mine is reporting the same reading here in S. Central Texas.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The bees and birds and even the cats in my area have been acting extremely strange lately ive found hundreds of dead bees in my backyard alone. I took video of dozens of them i found and its the most peculiar thing you can blow on them or even lightly hit them and all they do is walk in circles and they appear totally out of faculty like if they were on some powerful hallucinagen I think this magnetic shift must have something to do with it. Ive lived in SoCo for my whole life and have never seen anything like it, Its very eerie if you see it anyone else witness this.

link   
in Brazil, compass still points towards north

link   
My compass is in my army duffle bag in the parents' attic; haven't used it for years, but I know where the North Star / Polaris is and how it should appear in relation to my property. It's cloudy tonight, but I'll have a look on the next clear night...and I'm in Minnesota btw.

If you can't find Polaris, find the Big Dipper; the 2 stars furthest from the handle line up with Polaris. Polaris is also the star at the end of the Little Dipper's handle, so if you can find the Little Dipper, you can find Polaris. It shouldn't be more than 1 degrees off of the celestial "north" pole.

edit to add:
If you confirm Polaris is North, where it should be, and your compasses are still off, then it's not a pole shift, but some kind of magnetic anomaly in your area.
edit on 20-3-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join