It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear Ninja' suicide mission to save Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

'Nuclear Ninja' suicide mission to save Japan

news.sky.com

A handful of "heroes" working to avert a total meltdown at Japan's crippled nuclear plant have told loved ones not to expect them to return home.

The Japanese media have dubbed the elite squad of 180 technicians the "Samurai Warriors" and even the "Nuclear Ninjas" as they try to save their country.

Nuclear experts have said the men are on a suicide mission and that not even their airtight suits can save them from contamination.

And if they survive, they will face a lifetime of health problems.

But the Fukushima Fifty, named as they are on a rotation of 50 at a time, are wor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My thoughts go out to all these brave people's family. Knowing that they will probably never return to their loved ones.

How noble and selfless these Heroes are. With so much going on in the Middle East and North Africa, Japan has been put on the back burner these last few days. Just knowing that these people are trying to save their country and maybe large swathes of the planet makes you proud. I wish them all success and everyone should be extremely grateful to these nameless people if they manage to avert a total meltdown.

news.sky.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I find it extremely disturbing there is only a few hundred.

We need like tens of thousands of these nuclear ninjas, perhaps even a million.

That way we can rotate people out more often and get manual labor work done faster.

Seriously 150 or so sounds way under-manned. This isn't one reactor here this is multiples.
They need to take more volunteers.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thats sad and un thinkable to say least i hope they name new towns/villages after them

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am sure they are looking for volunteers, if you fancy it.

I appreciate the situation is catastrophic, but a million people? Really?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
it is sad...
and suprising that someone would want to volunteer for the job (I honestly wouldn't)

As mentioned above, I hope they get deserved honors for it and are never forgotten!

Back in Tsjernobil the first miners that where called to help out didnt have a clue what they where getting themselfs exposed to

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

That way we can rotate people out more often and get manual labor work done faster.

Seriously 150 or so sounds way under-manned. This isn't one reactor here this is multiples.

Yes, because exposing tens of thousands or even a million people directly to high levels of lethal radiation is a GOOD IDEA!!

I'm going to pretend this is sarcasm or even outright trolling in hopes that you don't actually believe this is even remotely a logical attempt at a remedy for this nightmare. I'm going to give you that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Ok if they do not get it under control (and it's already too late in many ways), they will have no choice but to potentially evacuate 40-50 million people from the nearby area.

Do you realize the implications of this on global society?

Yes, they need a million volunteers.

And no they are not accepting just anyone, they want people who are skilled and actually know what they are doing. But in reality, they should be accepting everyone for the containment operations.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I'm sure if you are willing to volunteer, someone will get you to Japan for free.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
Yes, because exposing tens of thousands or even a million people directly to high levels of lethal radiation is a GOOD IDEA!!

I'm going to pretend this is sarcasm or even outright trolling in hopes that you don't actually believe this is even remotely a logical attempt at a remedy for this nightmare. I'm going to give you that.

You don't know anything about radiation exposure than I suppose.
By rotating out people, you can make sure that each person never exceeds their limits for radiation exposure, keeping any adverse side effects minimized.

Do you know anything about Chernobyl? They rotated tons of people out on that one, and it potentially SAVED tons of lives.

Back to real life....now, since potentially over 100 million people have already BEEN exposed to this pollution, perhaps we should take this matter more serious and accept the fact that it's ultra-bad and we need a unified international effort with every able body we can get. And start entombing this bad boy asap!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have a small problem, you can hate me for it, but i don't care.
First let me say, nobody deserve to die or get sick in this way, that is sad.

But these same people, who are now getting hero status, are the same people who created this disaster.
They ignored every warning, and made mistake after mistake, before and after the quake/tsunami.
I don't have to tell you which mistake, cause we all know them, and propably heard them several times during our life.

I simply can't give them that hero status, cause right now they have to fix this problem, created by them self.
Every one of those technician, and expert knew the risk, and totaly ignored it.

There are hero's.
The firefighters and other expert, who are now risking their life, and never had any connection to the powerplant, are the true hero's, and if posible should be treated as hero's.
To the rest of the crew, i can only say....Fix the mess you have created...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ok if they do not get it under control (and it's already too late in many ways), they will have no choice but to potentially evacuate 40-50 million people from the nearby area.

Do you realize the implications of this on global society?

Yes, they need a million volunteers.

And no they are not accepting just anyone, they want people who are skilled and actually know what they are doing. But in reality, they should be accepting everyone for the containment operations.

Do I realise the implications of this on a global soiety?

Umm, let me think.... If you look at the post I made at the top, then I did mention about saving large swathes of the planet, so yes I do.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

I'm sure if you are willing to volunteer, someone will get you to Japan for free.

You haven't been paying attention. That's ok I'll inform you about the situation.

Tons of citizens in Japan are volunteering RIGHT NOW, but are being turned away by the authorities because they are not "skilled or experienced" enough.

They want people who have "official jobs/capacity" in dealing with this.

Please research Chernobyl and you will realize I'm actually right about rotating people out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

My thoughts go out to all these brave people's family. Knowing that they will probably never return to their loved ones.

How noble and selfless these Heroes are. With so much going on in the Middle East and North Africa, Japan has been put on the back burner these last few days. Just knowing that these people are trying to save their country and maybe large swathes of the planet makes you proud. I wish them all success and everyone should be extremely grateful to these nameless people if they manage to avert a total meltdown.

news.sky.com

I have untold amounts of respect for these men, or women, but it makes me sad they are giving their lives from government error.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Do you really think the decision makers, who ignored all these warnings, are now fighting to save the reactor?
How naive.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
I have a small problem, you can hate me for it, but i don't care.
First let me say, nobody deserve to die or get sick in this way, that is sad.

But these same people, who are now getting hero status, are the same people who created this disaster.
They ignored every warning, and made mistake after mistake, before and after the quake/tsunami.
I don't have to tell you which mistake, cause we all now them and propably heard them several times during our life.

I simply can't give them that hero status, cause right now they have to fix this problem, created by them self.
Every one of those technician, and expert knew the risk, and totaly ignored it.

There are hero's.
The firefighters and other expert, who are now risking their life and never had any connection to the powerplant, are the true hero's, and if posible should be treated as hero's.
To the rest of the crew, i can only say....Fix the mess you have created...

Not all of the people putting their lives on the line can be tarred with the same brush.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I doubt top management and decision makers are volunteering. Although imo they should be the first ones volunteering.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I only wish I could give my life for a cause such as this, self sacrifice for something so much greater than just myself. If I'd the resources, I'd go in a heartbeat, but unfortunately stuck, serving myself, for no cause at all but to have a little food in my belly and a roof over my head. I'd walk/swim if it wasn't thousands of miles away. People like that are the true heroes, I respect those people more than words can express, while the fattened genocidal pigs of war sit around plotting the next 'disaster' , filling their pockets with gold and their bellies with death. Lately I find the world/society/the system, utterly sickeningly disgusting. (myself included)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Brave souls. Hope this is enough to end this.
edit on 19-3-2011 by chevy369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

As far as I understand (and believe me I do my best to understand), those nuclear plants where build to resist a M7 earthquake.
What about the plants in the US? How much can they take?
Nobody forsaw an M9 AND a tsunami at the same time. (you think US plants won't be having trouble after getting both?)
Those natural disasters are nobodies fault.

second, a technician in Japan is a worker... they don't speak up against those in authority, in this case the directors of the plant and the gov. Somethings may have gone wrong in the past and they've kept a lot hidden (I believe it was over 200 reports of trouble that where kept secret?)
BUT
those workers have nothing to do with that, they are, in this case, a victim to their government as much as any other civilian.

I dont see the all the bussinessmen in their nice suits who collect the money help out at the scene, do you?

anyone willing to go in there and knowing what they are facing is a hero
I cant believe you say it is their own fault...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
I only wish I could give my life for a cause such as this, self sacrifice for something so much greater than just myself. If I'd the resources, I'd go in a heartbeat, but unfortunately stuck, serving myself, for no cause at all but to have a little food in my belly and a roof over my head.

I call BS.

You could max out your cards on a ticket or get some credit cards and max them out.

Since it is a suicide mission, you could sell all your stuff for super low prices.

Or take out a loan or a series of small loans, even lying if you have to - it is for the greater good.

Even a cracked out fifty year old great grandmother can pull in several hundred per night. working the streets.

You have the means to make it to Japan and do your suicide mission, you just don't have what it takes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join