It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Pregnant Jogger; Bloodstains "All Over" Couple's Apartment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I haven't been updating the original post, but I have been putting my $.02 in now and then, should I be updating it?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
NO! You are doing exactly the right thing. You either update your original story via replies in the thread, or, if the changes are substantial enough to warrant a NEW story, submit it.

[edit on 7-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'd like to see the original post left as it was posted with updates within the thread as they occur. Then, we can read through it and watch it 'unfold".

With the way it is, do you post after the update, or on the bottom of the thread, but, then it don't make sense.

Oh well, I'm just new here and don't know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good post deeprivergal. A woman disappeared near where I live on the same day the pregnant jogger did. She's not in the headlines because she wasn't young, pregnant and beautiful. Her story is in my blog.
It's not looking good for the hubby. I guess they searched the dump and came up empty handed so far. Than I heard the cops weren't looking for the old mattress... yet I believed it showed them taking it out of a dumpster on a news channel.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, from what I've heard on TV and read in the papers, the husband did it. I live in Salt Lake City so I even get to see the flyers with her pic on it everywhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My take on this is that you have a girl/woman who had the potential to make a very good living in banking/trading working for Wells Fargo Bank, and she's about to give that up to leave all friends and family to move to NC to be with her husband of 5 years so he can go to medical school so that in the future he'll earn a substantial income and she discoveres he's nothing but an orderly in a hospital and will probably never make a deccent living. If he were my husband, I would have killed him first before he could do the dirty deed to me!
I'm assuming he stayed in a hotel/motel that night because he had no bed but my guess is that this guy is as stupid as a fox! The minute he killed her he plotted his insanity defense. He's been living so many lies for so long that his devious mind had probably already planned what he would do when all the lies caught up with him!
My favorite thing is that he called her job Monday a.m. and, after talking to two people before even bringing her up, he asks her boss "How's Lori feeling?" instead of saying "May I speak to Lori."
For the sake of those who know and love Lori, I hope they find her body but you can be found guilty of murder even if a body is not found, and his big lying mouth has given him away. I say he murdered her Sunday night (maybe made the first blow while she was asleep), dumped her body somewhere using his car, went home and drove her car to the spot where he claims she went jogging (the cops know she was never there that morning because dogs didn't pick up any scent of her being there).
Now this murderous maniac is going to cost his parents all their money to defend him (just like Scott Peterson...his parents savings/retirement money are all gone defending him!), probably on an insanity defense, and he's guilty! Maybe they'll get smart and tell him he's on his own financially.
He's such a liar...he actually sent invitations to his "graduation" from college and then pretended he was sick on graduation day...had his wife calling people on their cell phones telling them to go back home while they were on route...wonder how much money he got as graduation gifts!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I hope Scott Peterson walks if he's innocent, but not just because he's seen to be unfairly charged. Hacking's actions are much like Peterson's... very suspicious. He very well might have lost it temporarily, folding under the weight of the web. When you've got that many big, life affecting lies cooking, and the situation comes where they're finally going to come out not just to friends and family, but to the world, you might very well snap. Or at least bend almost to the snapping point, yeah?

They always talk to the families first, even with child disappearances, because it's usually family or friend/associate that's guilty.

It's another case, though, of wondering about the man's complete history and what his parents may or may have not known about his mental instability. Everybody lies about something at some point, but these are real whoppers. This can't have begun just within the past year or so. It's been my experience with real fish-talers that it's a lifelong thing. I think if he's guilty his motivations will differ greatly from Peterson's, but the end result unfortunately is the same: at some point they thought a dead pregnant wife was less hassle than a live one.

I'm sorry to see that in the year 2004 women and children are still hunted like prey. I know men get killed too, but there's a big difference in the tactics, motives and execution of the killings. Women and children are still "sport" killings/abuses. How can this still be happening in this day and age where people are supposed to be so enlightened and progressive?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hadn't seen those articles about the phone calls. I know from reports Mark called Lori's job, but haven't heard/seen what the conversation was. Interesting.

Have there been any updates other than the family is asking volunteers to stop looking and leave it to the professionals?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think he probably killed her as well. Probably on Sunday if not before. This past weekend earth experienced a huge wave of electromagnetic energy from a CME a couple days before. I noticed several domestic problems within my family including behavior issues with my son. From what I've seen, these magnetic fields interupt our brains electro-chemical processes and cause different behavioral changes in different people. I wouldn't be suprised to hear that crime waves (including suicide) were prevailant over the weekend as well. If this guy was already that far gone, its my hypothesis that this affect was more than enough to push him over the edge.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Relatives of Mark Hacking have stated that the volunteer search for Lori has been suspended. Investigators have not yet spoken to the relatives to find out what Mark has told them. Police are planning to have a news conference Sunday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Olivia]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why hasn't Lori's parents been privy to the "new information" from Mark?

With all the lies this man has told, how can they believe anything he says unless they have proof his "new information" is correct or has some credibility.........

This whole thing is weird.

Lori's family asked volunteers quit searching the landfill- "Leave it to the professionals" claiming this was too dangerous. Dangerous or not, if someone in my family was "lost", I would want all the help I could get, as I think most would agree.

Now, according to the msnbc article, the search has been suspended.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
I'd like to see the original post left as it was posted with updates within the thread as they occur. Then, we can read through it and watch it 'unfold".

With the way it is, do you post after the update, or on the bottom of the thread, but, then it don't make sense.

Oh well, I'm just new here and don't know what I'm talking about.

mako...

This is how it should be and will be. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The family of a missing Utah woman said her husband has given them information that makes the search for Lori Hacking unnecessary.

Family members would not divulge the information and police said they were unaware of any such information.

Mark Hacking, Lori's husband, remained hospitalized at the University of Utah Hospital's psychiatric ward where he was admitted after he reported his wife missing the morning of July 19.

A police official told CNN they have not talked to Hacking in several days.

Lori Hacking's parents and Mark Hacking's parents issued a joint statement Saturday evening asking "all efforts from volunteers cease" in the search.

Looks like the husband is spilling the beans to her family.. what gives?

[edit on 1-8-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here's a link to the statement from the Hacking and Soares families:

www.sltrib.com...

"The families understand that Mark Hacking has provided information that makes it unnecessary for individuals or groups to continue the volunteer search".

"Any further inquires from the media concerning the search or investigation should be directed to Mark's attorney, Mr. D. Gilbert Athay, or to the Salt Lake City Police Department".

I guess it's just a matter of time before they find her remains.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I posted this on the predictions "Lori Hacking " thread.

News brief.......

Ok, the cat is slowly coming out of the bag:

"Lori Hacking's loved ones released a statement implying that her husband, Mark, had come forth with the dreaded confirmation that she was indeed lying dead in an undisclosed location".

Here's the link to the news article:

www.upi.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I just heard on FOX that the police have arrested her husband, Mark Hacking, and that the police are going to hold a news conference in 5 minutes.

[edit on 8-2-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
OK, they have arrested Mark Hacking and charged him with murder of his wife, Lori Hacking. They are just going over the evidence that led to their conclusions that she was murdered. They will continue searching the landfill for her body.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Mark Hacking allegedly admitted to someone that he killed his wife in her sleep because she found out he hadn't been accepted to medical school.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- The husband of a missing Salt Lake City woman told a "reliable citizen witness" in a psychiatric unit that he killed his wife while she slept and tossed her body in a garbage bin, the Salt Lake County district attorney said Tuesday.

Prosecutor David Yocom told reporters the alleged confession was made at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center, where Mark Hacking worked as an orderly in the psychiatric ward.

They were supposed to resume a search at the landfill early this morning. I have not heard about whether they found anything or not. I was assume that it would be reported if they did.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Apparently, this is one of Mark's co-workers posting:

www.suite101.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join