It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"After near death experience, boys says Heaven is real"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am new here. I've been a reader for a while, but decided to become a member so I could ask about this specific article I read the other day! Since I can't post in the religious section yet (not up to 20 posts yet) I posted here. I apologize if there is a thread about this already. I searched, but couldn't find anything.
Basically this boy was near death and claims he talked to Jesus. He found out about his mothers miscarriage, Jesus told him his father would fight in the final battle, etc. BUT his father is a pastor and I'm not sure what to make of all this. Here is the article...

www.kdvr.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What is it that you wanted to ask? Please be specific. :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think if his father is a pastor, that explains it. if he had never known anything to do with religion would he have said the same thing?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The thing is, this little boy has very Christian ideas about heaven and he's obviously been raised a Christian.
There are other people from other religions who also have after death experiences, and report things that confirm their OWN religions.
So while I think the visions are real, I also think they filtered out of our own spiritual vocabulary.
Personally it is why I want a really broad spiritual vocabulary.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The thing that gets me with the near death experiences is, if they didnt actually die was it not just a dream? this kid has obviously had a very christian upbringing so things like heaven, jesus, god etc. are going to be in his mind a lot of the time... just like my son loves spiderman and superheroes and he keeps telling me he has dreams about being with them.....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Maybe heaven exists for him and people like him.

Research Michael Persinger from Sudbury Ontario. He has developed a 'God Helmet' where the user see his God or and alien abduction. Then you will know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I read the book last week. He was two months shy of being four years old when he experienced heaven. He met his sister who died before she was born. His dad who wrote the book explained that his son talked about things he had not heard of yet. The kid saw a war that his dad would eventually fight in, maybe armagheddon? The kid also described the music in heaven. He describes it the way a lot of adults do.

I think he experienced Heaven the way it really is. I have spent several days since I read that book, watching youtube videos on people who died and either went to heaven or hell. They all seem to be saying the same thing. There were some athieists who went to hell and became believers in Jesus.

Satan only copies or perverts something that already exists. I think there are probably some people who have fake trips to heaven. I would not gamble my eternal future away by being too lazy to search out the truth or being close minded. If we search for God with our whole heart, soul and mind we will find him.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ok so if there is life after death, what is there before life?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I can live without knowing. We will get all our questions answered after we die. People who have died and came back talk about having knowlege of everything when they are in Heaven.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My experience was short. I was standing beside a river and the water was so clear when you looked into it that you could see all the way to the bottom as you you could through air. There were stones of many beautiful colors int it. One the other side of the river was a huge city that was white that rested on the Earth on what seemed to be green grass. The sky was peaceful. The whole world I was seeing was quiet and peaceful. Standing before the city were people all dressed in white as if waiting for me to cross over the river to them. I was so happy. I remember how good it felt to be there. I wanted to go, but I knew if I did I would have to stay. Then I had just the one bit of sadness and that was that it meant I would have to leave my wife. So I just stood there on my side of the river looking at it for some time. When it faded from me I found myself back in my room recovering painfully. This was my experience. Was it heaven, perhaps, but it was at least my interpretation of it from what I saw.

I believe the young boy's story.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
shame they dont remember all that knowledge. my mum actually had an out of body experience during childbirth, but i guess that is different to actually witnessing heaven. just to add that she doesnt believe in god or heaven, and that experience didnt change the way she feels in the slightest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
one other thing i dont quite understand about heaven.... do animals go there too? more to the point are the dinosaurs there? if they are, how do they manage to live together peacefully?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
4 months after?

If i talked to my dead grandfather, had angels sing to me, and talked to Jesus, I would not mention it four months later! The boys lying I think. I think he made it up for whatever reason, maybe to get attention hell I don't know...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Watch the Flintstones you'll see....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Am very interested in people's near death experiences of Heaven, went and ordered the book

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
4 months after?

If i talked to my dead grandfather, had angels sing to me, and talked to Jesus, I would not mention it four months later! The boys lying I think. I think he made it up for whatever reason, maybe to get attention hell I don't know...

possible publicity stunt from the father? after all with him being a pastor i bet his popularity went right up after that!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

if only they were all that friendly in real life, maybe they wouldnt be extinct!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
im not saying full of it, but.. umm.. yeah..
so, when i was like 10 or so, i "died".. hung on a rope ladder in my neighbors yard.. crazy story, never even figured out how i got down.. one minute hanging to death staring at their sliding door.. next, on the ground on the cement slab by the sliding door, a good 25 feet away from the ladder.. but the long and short of it is i dont remember anything from the point i blacked out until i woke up.. maybe i wasn't dead long enuff?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No, animals don't go to heaven, only humans. Which is strange when you consider how much Yahweh loves the smell of burnt carcasses and blood.

What I love is how he described Jesus as essentially being white with blue eyes, when researchers believe Jesus would actually have looked like this:

The Real Face of Jesus

You can see in the video above his father filling in details and adding his own spin on things, which all leads me to believe that his father's influence had more to do with whatever experience he had than anything supernatural.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm the OP...
I kinda believe it may be a publicity stunt... I'm a somewhat religious person and I just don't think God would give this boy those specific visions. It's a fact that when near death, your mind automatically snaps to the most comforting memories/visions. My grandmother believed in reincarnation. When she was really sick with pneumonia and almost died, she saw visions of herself floating down a river with long black hair blowing in the wind. She thought she was in Egypt somewhere. To her, that was her heaven.
I hate saying negative things about religious leaders, but we have a lot of mega churches out here and it wouldn't surprise me if this was some sort of attention getting ploy.
Maybe he did talk to Jesus. He was in his heaven for a short period of time. But the other things could have been exaggerated by the parents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join