It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin anti-union law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Judge temporarily blocks Wisconsin anti-union law

www.rawstory.com

A Wisconsin judge on Friday issued a temporary order blocking the state's highly controversial new law stripping the collective bargaining rights of public employee unions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's just so hard to be heard when you don't have the Koch brothers pumping billions into protective legislation. But looks like there's been a reprieve here, of sorts.

Unions, like democracy, aren't perfect. But they're still the best we've got, imho.

The alternative is fascism.

But the fight's not over. And nobody's talking.

The Republican-controlled Legislature passed the measure and Gov. Scott Walker signed it last week.

A spokesman for Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald declined to comment, citing the legal fight.

Messages left for comment with Walker's spokesmen, as well as Democratic legislative leaders, were not immediately returned.

So much for transparency. It's all positioning and negotiation. Still. it's a fight to be watched even though it's not nearly as sensational as tsunamis and earthquakes.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sounds to me like this Judge is a people pleaser cruising to score some points with his fellow sucking at the public trough minions. Yes, I am anti union but, not a fraction as much as I am anti-state and federal employees and the systems they man.

More specifically, I dream of a situation where all State and Federal Agencies Collapse and we the people decide one dollar, one department, one function at a time what we want or State and Federal Government to be doing and putting them all back upon the path of serving us verses serving themselves.

I am of course dreaming, as this dog has so many fleas that to rid this country of the out of control parasites we have sucking out life's blood, he would mean the complete breakdown of our civilization. Hmmm.., interesting thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

People pleaser or not, the judge had to follow the law.

Judge Maryann Sumi of Dane County issued the order in response to a request by District Attorney Ismael Ozanne (D). As The Associated Press summarized, Ozanne contended that the legislative committee that passed the bill "met without the 24-hour notice required by Wisconsin's open meetings law."

...If you don't think that law needed to be respected, then anti-union laws don't need to be followed either, do they?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Heard that by senate rule 93 of special session they didn't have to have notification. I agree that the judge is trying to suck up to the unions.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap. The private sector gets hit by the economy and all these union workers are going to cry because they will have to be treated like citizens like the rest of us. Lets compare union and private.

If I do a horrible job i lose my job. If im in a union i keep my job and if lack of performance comes up my union leaders say we need more money andi get a raise.

If i work my entire life and spend wrecklessly i will have nothing to retire on. If I work for a union i get a pension that is paid for by tax payers or the private sector.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Seems to me the judicial system, law enforcement, courts, judges, prisons etc all selectively apply the law as suits them.Otherwise, if all laws were applied equally across all lines and segments of the population, there would have been mass public outcry and maybe these bastards would not have grown so out of control.

...and don't tell me any of these are just and fair; don't tell me the unions and the public servants they represent have not gotten out of control Looonnng ago.

If you work for the State or Federal Government, I hope you know it is nothing personal, I am just sick of your employers.

edit on 18-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos/expanded comment

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Unions, like democracy, aren't perfect. But they're still the best we've got, imho.

A republic is better than a democracy but yes, the remnants of our old republic still have enough teeth for this check and balance!

This is what our "checks and balances" were designed for -- to preserve the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I agree that the judge is trying to suck up to the unions.

What do you mean "suck up"? Being a judge is a lifetime position. You're entitled to it until you're dead.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yes, the Soros Nazi money is so superior to the Koch money. Don't you Lefties ever stop and think about the slogans you mindlessly repeat.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In Cal the unions are even more out of control than Wis.

Someone please tell me 'why' the RICO laws do not apply to the union thuggery with respect to the public sector unions?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Someone please tell me 'why' the RICO laws do not apply to the union thuggery with respect to the public sector unions?

Because they try to keep up the image of being poor public workers. Like how they want to cut Teachers medical coverage so they will have to make a 50 dollar co-pay which is still a steal considering they don't pay anything for the health insurace tax payers do. So they get out their signs and scream about how we need to raise or start some tax to save the children. Which in reality what the signs should say "Give us more money and free crap or we wont teach your kids". But the whole teachers union thing is a whole other can of worms, ever wonder why it is illegal for a child not to go to school but adults can get paid (welfare) to have kids and not work?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Maybe. But I still have this David and Goliath perception - and I always root for the little guy. ...Don't know why. Maybe it's genetic?

But I just love to see some little peasant girl take on the Emperor, and win against all the odds. Perverse, I know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Easy when unions extort money or try to force management to agree to there terms its called collective bargaining. Come on now surely you see the diffrence.

Heres my question on the judges order since when does a county circuit judge have the power to tell the state government anything? I have a feeling shes way out of her jurisdiction here.

new topics

top topics

join