It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
We should all be ashamed of ourselves, yes me included. Why does mother nature have to step in for us humans to give compassion for one another?

because society and conditioning over throughout generations has made us disconnected with both our world and with each other. we are conditioned to believe that all we need to be happy is trinkets and whoever doesnt have that same trinket is less than human.

but i am only talking about america...the rest of the world doesnt seem to have that problem. probably because they dont have ghetto fabulous gangstas...only chavs and other douche bags of the sort.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great, the people in charge are crying. Can we get some grown ups in there who actually KNOW how to fix the situation NOW, and cry and snivel about it later?

These guys admit they are over whelmed. Gee, now why would that be? Perhaps they sat on their butts enjoying their fat pay checks for being big-wigs, but NEVER ACTUALLY did the necessary hard work in preparing for WORST CASE SCENARIOS.

I don't even do their jobs, and even I know by looking at their nuclear plant set up that it was completely vulnerable to a tsunami event. "Hey let's put the backup diesel generators between the ocean and the reactors! What could possibly go wrong!?" They built those plants as if they were in Arizona. Hello? They are in the worlds most active Earthquake zone, next to an ocean. 1+1=2

When you accept the job of protecting your nation, you better damned well do your job, otherwise, you get what we see unfolding in front of us.

/rantoff

edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My problem is this. If the top of the scale for an earthquake is 9.0,why not build something,as fragile a Nuclear Reactor is,to withstand,say 18.0? I know the scale doesn't go up that far,but wouldn't you want to build something to withstand DOUBLE the force,of the highest level? Just an opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Great, the people in charge are crying. Can we get some grown ups in there who actually KNOW how to fix the situation NOW, and cry and snivel about it later?

These guys admit they are over whelmed. Gee, now why would that be? Perhaps they sat on their butts enjoying their fat pay checks for being big-wigs, but NEVER ACTUALLY did the necessary hard work in preparing for WORST CASE SCENARIOS.

I don't even do their jobs, and even I know by looking at their nuclear plant set up that it was completely vulnerable to a tsunami event. They built those plants as if they were in Arizona. Hello? They are in the worlds most active Earthquake zone, next to an ocean. 1+1=2

When you accept the job of protecting your nation, you better damned well do your job, otherwise, you get what we see unfolding in front of us.

/rantoff

At least they care. Unlike our leaders.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I hope to God that we don't wake up tomorrow morning to find he has performed some sort of hari-kari

Afterall a lot more people were involved in this from the start - feel sorry for the guy but also feel sorry for the Japanese

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Could you have done better? If you were handling an emergency, and # was going downhill at a rapid pace and you were busy trying to figure out what to do are you so certain you could have come up with an entirely accurate report at the absolute worst time of your life?

Im not. I would probably punch someone in the face if I were dealing with a crisis and they were hovering over me asking "whats going on? Tell me all the details.!"

Again, people are not machines. If they had NOT been dealing with one of the biggest earthquakes of all time, and they had NOT been dealing with the consequences of a huge devastating tsunami, THEN I might be more critical of them. I really empathize with them.

Have some compassion. If people were deliberately lying it will come out. But Im willing to bet most of the inaccuracy is just human beings being under enormous strain.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The people battling to cool the reactor and rods are already losing their lives. It says 4 have already died and at least 20 were injured. About 200 are involved, not 50. Most of them are older and familiar with the plant. This is looking worse than I had hopedit would. I thought it would take longer for the water that submerges the spent rods to go down, but apparently damage done to the pools may have leaked some out. Bad situation.

I don't see how they expect not to dump cement all over it. It's a death sentence already.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Maybe we should send them some of the couch quarterbacks who could have done so much better and are sniveling on the computer about how they might suffer a little radioactive fallout while people all over the world suffer with a capital S.

Nah. I like the Japanese.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

If they cared, they would have done their jobs before the event occurred, and they would have told the truth from the beginning instead of lying and obfuscating.

They are completely worthless in those positions now. They have proven their ineptitude, and need to be replaced by an international organization of experts who actually know what to do.

Time to bring in the big boys.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Didn't someone say that they need to cool it down first before pouring cement over it else it will burn down - although saying that it doesn't make sense because of Chernobyl

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The truth hurts!!!!!!

That was the most honest comment made in this thread....

If your in the position and your the BIG BOSS ruling over the little people
(us little people will call you out when you *snip* UP and call you a baby for crying)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If they cared, they would have done their jobs before the event occurred, and they would have told the truth from the beginning instead of lying and obfuscating.

They are completely worthless in those positions now. They have proven their ineptitude, and need to be replaced by an international organization of experts who actually know what to do.

Time to bring in the big boys.

By your same logic, the US should have done the same thing before 9/11.

So, by "big boys" I surely hope you don't mean the US.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You have not even covered the HUGE cover up that they
had been part of... This guy is crying because he KNOWS he has
lied to the people... I would feel bad too...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wierd there is nothing in the UK news about this yet - they are all talking about Libya

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ENTOMB, ENTOMB, ENTOMB!!! I wish I had a button on my keyboard for it.

What's the focking deal? Why is this taking so long?

There's foul play about...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Maybe we should send them some of the couch quarterbacks who could have done so much better and are sniveling on the computer about how they might suffer a little radioactive fallout while people all over the world suffer with a capital S.

Nah. I like the Japanese.

These aren't just my opinions - Why don't you read the opinion from the experts at the IEEE:

...the message seems to be the same: Worst-case scenario builders consistently underestimate the statistical probability of separate bad things happening simultaneously, as the result of the same underlying causes.

As far as you liking the Japanese (I assume people of Japan) - What in the hell does that have to do with anything I said? I'm talking about the people in charge of the nuclear power plant safety, the people in charge of the disaster response, and the government public relations people. Don't be so easily confused between my ridicule of them and my opinion of the Japanese people in general.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The thing is did they mention how many people will be affected by this ? e.g. the people that were told to stay in their houses - will they be okay because we are talking about 1000's of people here

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

the US should have done the same thing before 9/11.

This has nothing to do with the US and 9/11.

This is about the Japan disaster and how this guy
knows he made a major screw up..

Don't bring straw man arguments into this...
Cheap
attacks is that all you got?

9/11 is a WHOLE other forum, thread and discussion.....
edit on 18-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't even do their jobs, and even I know by looking at their nuclear plant set up that it was completely vulnerable to a tsunami event. "Hey let's put the backup diesel generators between the ocean and the reactors! What could possibly go wrong!?" They built those plants as if they were in Arizona. Hello? They are in the worlds most active Earthquake zone, next to an ocean. 1+1=2

/rantoff

What he said. Completely agree. Putting nuclear reactors in such a volatile area is stupid beyond belief. What about the rest of their reactors, are they as susceptible to nature's fury ? I have no problem with nukes even with this ongoing episode, but more effort should have been taken from day 1 of design.

brill
edit on 18-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

By your same logic, the US should have done the same thing before 9/11.

Actually, yes, they should have. Don't get me started on the corruption and ineptitude of the U.S. DoD.

So, by "big boys" I surely hope you don't mean the US.

No, I don't. I mean an international organization of experts, like I said in my post above that you just responded to. You did read my post, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join