It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radiation, the new boogey man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here is why I am not worried about radiation in north america. Look at how many nuclear bomb tests that have occurred since 1945. If we were going to be harmed by radiation, I think 1962 would have been the year. almost 140 bombs detonated in that year alone. Our bodies are probably used to the radiation at this point.

source

I do feel sorrow for those in japan though. they have had more nuclear troubles than any country..

they are resilient though, check out this comparison to see what I mean.
hiroshima vs detroit

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The radiation will probably be heavily dispersed by the tie it reaches the west coast.. \

I don't think it will affect us..

other than millions of japanese refugees we're probably going to take in.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

good point!!

thx for the graph

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I live in Canada, there is plenty of land here, and we are known for our peacekeeping and kindness, If any country should "adopt" japan, I believe it should be us.

Just give them the northwest territories, no ones using it...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
On average 8,000 people die every year in America from radiation induced cancers . The radiation source is the sun and the cancer is often malignant melanoma .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is a multibillion dollar vested interest in downplaying the dangers of radiation in the U.S. and abroad. That buys a lot of hushing, minimizing, ignoring and number f&&King. One thing the Billionaire Nuclear Boys club has in common is the lucky (for them) fact that the danger of radiation isn't like the danger of a dose of arsenic- immediately fatal. I would hope that no one on this board is here tooting their horn....

No, rads kill you, your children, your grandchildren slowly and in multiple ways that don't immediately point to the real offender.

Seventeen years ago this month, I wrote a column in the UE NEWS about the death of actor John Wayne. While Wayne and his doctors blamed smoking for his death due to lung cancer, I noted that he and 90 other people who were on the St. George, Utah set of the adventure film "The Conqueror" in 1954 had developed various types of cancer, and many had died. Many believed that radiation from the atomic bomb test "Dirty Harry" conducted at the Las Vegas, Nevada test-site just a few weeks before might have caused or triggered these deaths.

An unusually large number of children in that area of southwestern Utah had developed leukemia and other cancers, many of these fatal, in the decades that followed. The finger of blame pointed to the same bomb tests in Nevada.

There are still signs on little stores in little towns in the west near where they did the tests, directing people to monthly or yearly health screenings for Fallout. The only way you can possibly not know this is if you are from the east coast and very young- or being obtuse about the facts of the matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
is the chart not just showing us the ones they admit to?
i always wonder about the rest of the tests and usage.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
don't worry...the republicans have just cut NOAA and Tsunami early warning funds from the budget, they don't care who dies. also they are going after every type of funding that helps the bottom 90% of the population. they don't care about you. but all you republicans voted for them, so you all must be in the top 10%, and hate the other 90%. the republicans that are now in power, are out to destroy the middle class and poor, their actions speak louder than their words.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
Here is why I am not worried about radiation in north america. Look at how many nuclear bomb tests that have occurred since 1945. If we were going to be harmed by radiation, I think 1962 would have been the year. almost 140 bombs detonated in that year alone. Our bodies are probably used to the radiation at this point.

source

I do feel sorrow for those in japan though. they have had more nuclear troubles than any country..

they are resilient though, check out this comparison to see what I mean.
hiroshima vs detroit

Before saying that radiation is all fine and that our bodies adapted to radiation poisoning since the '60s, perhaps you have a follow-up chart that counts the death rates related to these nuke tests?

Fact: the US has extensively experimented on soldiers during the '50s and '60s on nuke blasts. These bombs were of low radiation propagation levels, and use in the most desertic, remote areas of the US (same goes for the tests the Soviets Russians and Chinese have made). But still all of these soldiers were reported to have cancers and other lethal reactions over time. In Ukraine and Belarus tons of people were poisoned, died early of cancer and had mutated babies,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
except nuclear bombs don't emit thousands of tons of radioactive particles. A nuclear meltdown is alot different from a bomb buddy. Theres alot more fuel, and alot more potential for higher radioactive release. I guarantee you that one nuclear meltdown would be worse then a years worth of bomb blasts

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
except nuclear bombs don't emit thousands of tons of radioactive particles. A nuclear meltdown is alot different from a bomb buddy. Theres alot more fuel, and alot more potential for higher radioactive release. I guarantee you that one nuclear meltdown would be worse then a years worth of bomb blasts

awesome thanks, I didn't actually know that. All Ive been hearing from people is fear and speculation, but If a reactor releases a lot more radiation than atomic bombs than maybe there is something to this.

but would a meltdown be worse than 140atomic bombs detonated in one year?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

probablly. Well if all the reactors melted down that is

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
don't worry...the republicans have just cut NOAA and Tsunami early warning funds from the budget, they don't care who dies. also they are going after every type of funding that helps the bottom 90% of the population. they don't care about you. but all you republicans voted for them, so you all must be in the top 10%, and hate the other 90%. the republicans that are now in power, are out to destroy the middle class and poor, their actions speak louder than their words.

A voice of sense and reason. You only forgot one thing- they cut the EPA budget completely. So while we are drinking arsenic laden water and painting our kids rooms in lead based paint while the factory next door pumps dioxins into the air where it will find it's way into our wives breast milk - and our unborn children - we won't have to worry about radiation- because the EPA Radiation testing system will be in the toilet too.
Nothing to see here - nothing to worry about!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

awesome thanks, I didn't actually know that. All Ive been hearing from people is fear and speculation, but If a reactor releases a lot more radiation than atomic bombs than maybe there is something to this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
The radiation will probably be heavily dispersed by the tie it reaches the west coast.. \

I don't think it will affect us..

other than millions of japanese refugees we're probably going to take in.

Yes, it will be dispersed into the Pacific Ocean, where we get most of our fish. It only takes one radiation laced fish to ruin a man's potency, or give a child leukemia. Wherever it goes, it will end up in our food chain.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If you want to die, that's your funky problem. Don't try to rag on everyone else because were being precautious about a serious thing that could effect and kill us and our families.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I am using it! Send those Japanese to China, or maybe to your town! In fact, F^$K that, you and them should be sent to Europe! Don't be saying $#!^ if you don't know what you are talking about!

Anyone and their descendants that were not in North or South America before 1491, are invaders / land thieves! Don't try and say that "I didn't steal it, i was born here, don't blame me for something I didn't do!!" Because there is nothing stopping you from correcting what has been done!! Nothing is stopping you from packing up, and moving back to the "Old World" which you illegal aliens are from & BELONG!!! www.maniacworld.com...
edit on (22/4/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: Typo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Has nobody been paying attention to the rates of cancers for the past 50+ years ?

Breast cancers ?
Prostate cancers ?
Childhood leukemia ?
Diabetes ?
Asthma ?
Hypothyroidism ?
Autoimmune diseases ?
Heart disease ?

How many of you know of at least one person who has been diagnosed and/or died from one of the above ? Would it surprise you to know that all of the above were no where near as common prior to the atomic age ? Diabetes, hypothyroidism, and heart disease used to be something the elderly suffered from as their bodies aged and deteriorated.

I strongly suggest some of you do some heavy duty research on the history and current rates of these things... it's an eye opener. It really doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How many spins of the turbine do you think a single bomb blast will yield?

I figure a Hiroshima type bomb would not even warm up the water enough to power Tokyo for an hour.

Figure it out. There was enough stuff in those reactors (safe, clean, dependable) to make 60-90,000 bombs.

Deny ignorance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join