It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

radiation, the new boogey man

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
don't worry...the republicans have just cut NOAA and Tsunami early warning funds from the budget, they don't care who dies. also they are going after every type of funding that helps the bottom 90% of the population. they don't care about you. but all you republicans voted for them, so you all must be in the top 10%, and hate the other 90%. the republicans that are now in power, are out to destroy the middle class and poor, their actions speak louder than their words.

Yah that was probably all the Democrats would give em!!!!!!




posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Figure it out. There was enough stuff in those reactors (safe, clean, dependable) to make 60-90,000 bombs.



check the enrichment levels sometimes, they're typically 3-5% U235 in LWRs, with consumption being around 1.5 tons of fissile per gigawatt (electrical) and year. spent fuel will of course have less.but none of this matters since even Chernobyl only managed to boil off a lot of fission products while most of the fuel itself is still in the (now solid) corium.

how much has been released so far an how much is still being released, that's the question. of course, with the new no-go zone in place, you'd have to break that 'law' to find out.



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join