It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to assist Japan. FROM OUT OF BOX THINKERS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Yea they did with Chernobyl. I think its still leaking though downwards. It seems this may be the way they may provide the fastest response. but I wonder with all the activities if its even possible to entomb it without many human casualties.
Thanks the.lights for your input in the thread.

link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b21905f5bf3b.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a concrete pump/hose assembly delivery system used in regular contruction. This is only an example, they come in all sizes (as in much bigger). I bet a bigger model could be positioned to get water right on those rods. And if they get irradiated all to hell get a hundred of them in a line and use them all . Small price to pay for an entire country.

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Was just thinking of putting liquid nitrogen tanks on warheads and remotely fire them at the site would eliminate onsite workers, i mean we have the technology right... not really thinking outside the box

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Thanks Khaaaaaan!! I think those would be useful in water placement as well as material mix placement. If they could become automated that would eliminat ehuman loss as well. Great idea! And thanks for the pic data as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
question,
what about just smothering the whole thing in foam?
like the stuff they use at airports for fires?
edit on 17-3-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
another idea.. Asbestos?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

On of the best so far. It prevents air damage easy to disperse not sure on how explosive it can be and would give time to find more secure was of tackling the issue. its not a full gas or full solid so it may react to radiation differently. I see your really keeping the frequency up on this rubbertramp. Thank you

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes , any brainy boffins out there know if this is even a possibility or would it go BANG?
Ive not heard it mentioned anywhere , not once , surely there must be a reason for this .

I just remember a science program last year that said it was stupidly cold.....like almost absolute zero cold.

Helium-3 is very rare and very hard to produce. There's not enough for large scale applications (except on the moon). Helium-4 is just the full name of regular helium, which is abundant. Neither would explode.

The helium itself is not inherently cold. It's like everything else; it becomes the same temperature as its surroundings after a time. What you heard about - I'm making educated guess here - was helium-3 and helium-4 mixtures being used as cryogenic coolant, probably in fussion experiments. Helium is the best coolant in the world because it is easy to cool down to within a fraction of a degree of absolute zero, and - just as importantly - it doesn't freeze at that temperature. It remains a gas or superfluid and can be pumped.

If you applied a lot of very cold helium to the rods they would cool down rapidly. However, the helium would evaporate away into the atmosphere very quickly, after being irradiated. Additionally, the rods are their own heat sources. So, it's not like we can cool them down and have that be the end of it. They'll heat back up almost right away. They need to be constantly cooled until they decompose to the point of being substantially depleted. Even then, they can still heat themselves up enough to catch fire if they're not cooled, they just won't do it as quickly. They need to be cooled for years.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

yea, sometime i surprise myself regarding the images that flash in my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
another question,
what would happen if they just buried the whole thing under sand?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Rain making machines.

Scientists claim to have achieved a breakthrough by generating a series of downpours in the deserts of the United Arab Emirates using a new technology which is designed to control the weather.

A team, employed by the ruler of Abu Dhabi and President of the UAE, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has created some 50 rainstorms last year in the emirate's eastern Al Ain region -- most of the storms were at the height of the summer in July and August, the 'Daily Mail' reported.

And, people living in Abu Dhabi were baffled by the rainfall which sometimes turned into hail and included gales and lightening. www.indianexpress.com...

More info in this Thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wireless contruction stuff. its still going to require a human at the wheel, in case it gets stuck. they did this in cherynoble, and the rads fried the elctronics. but that was 1986, not 2011. time is of the essence!
hmm lets see. pipe conitnous flow of fresh water, not seat water, into the rods, form some other location so its being rotated in itself, not running off into toehr water sources. pour reinforced cement over the water n rods till hardend and quickly jackhammer the sacrophogus out n haul it off underground.
simply pour reinforced cement over the rods with water of course. leave it thier n post a sing outside, danger radioactive area.
have wireless trucks waiting filled wtih water. somehow, if possible without a human to save a life, pick up the rods with some kinda wireless crane form safe distance, place em into trucks filled with water, drive it into a salt mine, under the desert, entomb the trucks n rods their and leave immeiatly. same idea with what they do with hazard nuclear waste..its stored in barrells in salt mines.
not sure how safe this is..get the rods into large containers, and drop em 4+miles down too the ocean floor. im sure it will prob contaminate for abit, but the sea water erodes metals, and carrys it all off in its curretns in minute amounts.
geesh, they cant be incinerated including the radiation somehow? im runnin outta ideas outside of pouring reinforced concrete around the damn complex.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ooo!!!! IF time permits, and screw the money being spent..get the rods on a rocket n launch em towards the sun! out into deep space or something. sun would be better...gauranteed incinceration, and theirs already radaiton in space anyway!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How about dropping some bunker busters and just drive it into the ground a few hundred feet?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Place a hood like cover (extractor fan) just above the reactor building which inturn has a large length of pipe/tubing attached to it that runs down in to the ocean , through the water (continuous no break) and back out of the ocean.
Here could then be pump (possible powered via some of the steam from above) this draws through the newly condensed steam from the plant (now water) and also adds extra sea water via a one way valve.
This then is left directly over the reactor building and around and around we go .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

THERE IT IS! teapot do you think they possess the ability to produce snow and ice? This is another great idea
Use some of this conspiracy technology in a better way.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think they should nuke the site from orbit. True, it would create a new problem, but it would eliminate the other.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i know this is not good reasoning ...haul the rods off to antarctica. they will forever be cold their! of ourse sections would be contaminated for a few thousand years..but hey its an emergency ya know?
put them in a submarine, n sink the damn thing to the depths of the ocean floor.
i was thinking nitrogen too..but then thought, the rods might break form the heat, shatter radioactive pieces all over the place, and end up god knows where..so persoanlly ide rule that out.
hmm send em on a rocket toot he far side of the moon? not like anyone uses other than too look at. entomb them into concrete of course, prior ot launch. just in case.
take them and drop them over libya/gadaffis place. north korea even! hey they wanted uranium, lets give it to em
just some politcal humor*

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

ziggy1706, you present a good way to get the rods covered and pulled for extraction. I like the idea of filling the area with cncrete and jack hammering the structure out for movement. I do think the human life aspect may be at risck when considering the cutting out process and moving process. But I do feel you present good data on how to dispose of the trucks and waste afterwards. I like that many of you are taking this serious and presenting counter measures from your hearts. Great job ALL!
Thanks ziggy1706

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
How about dropping some bunker busters and just drive it into the ground a few hundred feet?

Another great use of destruction weaponary. I like the thought sink it burry it then evaluate how to keep it contained so it can be cleaned and prevent further contamination. Your idea seems to be on of the fastest ways just keep in mind potential fall out..

Thanks sligtlyskeptical

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join