It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Dunedin New Zealand? Two nights running....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
What direction are you filming into?

Is it the West?

If it is, it's Jupiter.
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

In reply to your post just above this, I repost what you stated at the beginning of the thread.
You stated definitively that if the video was taken looking to the west, it is Jupiter. Now I know Jupiter is not about that part of our sky at that time, but have no idea where it is in your hemisphere hence my ' we dont all live in the Nth Hemisphere'. And with a laugh added, not a smirk, a laugh.
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on what you think the discussed object is, and I for one am still totally unsure. But yep, it aint Jupiter so we can agree on that yeah??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by annella
reply to post by boncho

Nope. Its not Jupiter, see link below. You probably need to read all of my OP as I did not film these objects.

March Skies New Zealand

ETA: Not everyone lives in the Northern Hemisphere...lolol

edit on 16-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

Date and Time of your video +same location, loaded into Stellarium:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8379ab684f1b.jpg[/atsimg]

Yep, I still think it's Jupiter.
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I did the Stellarium thang an hour or so ago.....is your time set to 8.30pm??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

BTW: Jupiter can not be seen in your sky for very long. It disappears quite quickly just after the sun sets, which is why I bet the video is not longer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I checked my stellarium with zone set to Christchurch, nearest city to Dunedin. Jupiter is due North at 8.30pm. Will see if the video poster can confirm direction he was filming.
ETA: It was pitch dark at 8.30 looking at the film, and knowing how dark it is at that time in the North Island where I live.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I did the Stellarium thang an hour or so ago.....is your time set to 8.30pm??

The person in the video is off by 30-60 mins or so. But you can't trust the idiot who filmed it because they claim to have two separate shots around the same time with totally different shades of the night sky.

The first shot they say was taken at 8:28 and lasted for 6-8 Mins. Which means it ends at 8:34 to 8:36, in the second video the night is pitch black (supposedly at the same location) at 8:38. Which means the poster is lying.

Youtube UFO video = FAIL

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
One day something good will be posted on YouTube (I hope) but for the most part they are usually hoaxes, or badly shot airplanes or stars. You get the occasional car driving up a mountain too.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I checked my stellarium with zone set to Christchurch, nearest city to Dunedin. Jupiter is due North at 8.30pm. Will see if the video poster can confirm direction he was filming.
ETA: It was pitch dark at 8.30 looking at the film, and knowing how dark it is at that time in the North Island where I live.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Fair enough.....I agree that there is a big chance that it may be Jupiter, and quite possibly an aircraft after reading some more posts at the youtube site.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join