It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Dunedin New Zealand? Two nights running....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I came across this yesterday and as it is in my own country, was interested to learn more. Have questioned the poster at youtube on a few issues and aircraft can most likely be ruled out.
Would like some input from ATS'ers, good or bad!

At around 2.28 the object seems to change shape and definitely colour, alternating between red and green.
This is not Sirius, I have been stargazing often the past couple of weeks and at the time the poster states he filmed this, Sirius is very high in the sky.

ETA: I know its shaky, but compared to most it is not so bad actually! lolol
edit on 16-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I saw one of these on the 14th as well.
It was about 12 30am and i was getting ready for sleep and i noticed a very bright star, the only star, in the sky with the same colors as your sighting. I didnt think anything of it at first, i just watched it for about 10 mins, closed my eyes for a ten second prayer, when i opened my eyes, it was gone.

I didnt get pics, thought it was a star, i shouldve known better

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What direction are you filming into?

Is it the West?

If it is, it's Jupiter.
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Nope. Its not Jupiter, see link below. You probably need to read all of my OP as I did not film these objects.

March Skies New Zealand

ETA: Not everyone lives in the Northern Hemisphere...lolol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Is it the West?

If it is, it's Jupiter.

jupiter is not purple and green.
im very interested in the purple colour as purple is not used by planes and stars are not purple(except in the fifth dimension)neither are planets.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Really interesting footage. Thanks for sharing it. Lost interest when I heard the music and seeing you camera skills which make me doubt whether or not it is genuine. Please cut the frills if you get another shot that way, I for one see the raw footage.
A chinese lantern never entered my head until I heard the chinese music. Sure you may well have something there but who knows!

Thanks S &F for your efforts

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Notice right at the very end of the video there is a strobe pulse? Do you not find it strange that the video cuts out at this point? If you do a search for Alison Kruse videos on You Tube you will see similar footage. Aircraft can be particularly deceiving at night and especially if they are heading towards the camera for long periods. Even if you check out the flight rota for the airport it might not match up. You have to take into consideration military flights such as from Royal New Zealand Air Force that simply won't be listed on airport schedules.

An example from Alison Kruse. She is simply filming aircraft at extreme distance in a busy Air Traffic Control Zone. Many of her followers simply can't comprehend that an aircraft filmed at extreme distance can appear 'hover'. In the video that you present the strobe pulse can be seen just before cut off. In Alison's she claims that they are UFO's mimicking real aircraft.

TJ

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
I saw one of these on the 14th as well.
It was about 12 30am and i was getting ready for sleep and i noticed a very bright star, the only star, in the sky with the same colors as your sighting. I didnt think anything of it at first, i just watched it for about 10 mins, closed my eyes for a ten second prayer, when i opened my eyes, it was gone.

I didnt get pics, thought it was a star, i shouldve known better

Oh dang man that sucks

I wish I was there cause I got my camera xD

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i say planes...

I know i know..."Where are the blinky lights?...Where are the wings?"

The reason i say planes is, i've filmed this exact same footage myself....

About two weeks after moving into a new house, out back having a smoke on evening, i notice this huge bright light...It moves side to side, up and down, but never seems to get closer or farther away....

I see the object again the next night...Skip a night or two, and then WHAM, there it is again....Needless to say i thought it video worthy...

That is until the PLANE adjusted it's angle, or until it eventually got close enough for perspective to change....There are the blinky lights...There are the wings....

I was disappointed, but i learned...

**"Puts camera away..feels duped**

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I could have easily edited my video to cut off before the plane turns toward me, and uploaded the clip to YouTube as a UFO video for the masses...

Lucky for you guys, i don't get my kicks that way...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Grrrrrrrr. Please please read the OP properly!! I did not film this!

Also, I agree re music added to these types of things but in defence of the guy who posted at youtube, he at least only started it 1/2way thru' and you can possibly forgive him as it appears to be his first ever video sent to the public for scrutiny.

Plus, it was gentle music!! I can hear/see past music in these types of videos. Somethings ring true, others not. I am not totally sure on this one yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
I could have easily edited my video to cut off before the plane turns toward me, and uploaded the clip to YouTube as a UFO video for the masses...

Lucky for you guys, i don't get my kicks that way...

First off, this was NOT my video.
2nd, it cannot be an aircraft as it disappears over the hill from where the airport is according to the guy who filmed it. Maybe going backwards? Or has those big lights on its backside??
No aircraft land at that airport after 9 pm at night.

ETA: I can vouch for aircraft arrival times at Dunedin and am also familiar with the general area he filmed these objects. I should have mentioned!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

It doesn't have to be a scheduled aircraft. It could be a Royal New Zealand Air Force flight. And again very suspect when the video cuts out after an aircraft strobe pulses right at the end. It appears that the aircraft changes course making the strobe more distinct. The light was obviously still in the sky so why cut the video at that point?

TJ

edit on 16-3-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

True enough.....but 2 nights running? And disappearing over the hill AWAY from airport with those lights blazing??

ETA: RNZAF planes are otherwise occupied these days too....after the big Earthquake in Christchurch. I doubt Dunedin gets to see them often anyways, but especially these past couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

It could be anything. Two nights running of a military unit conducting missed approach or touch and goes?

TJ

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by annella

It could be anything.

Precisely!!
Hope we can get to the bottom of it but I can absolutely rule out Sirius/ all Planets and most likely aircraft. What are we up for next I wonder? The ubiquitous swamp gas ( in Dunedin??..lol), Chinese Lanterns, migrating birds with night lights...ummmmmmm

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

you've become awfully defensive....

maybe i should have mentioned that i was nowhere near an airport when i filmed 'planes' that looked exactly like these...

I could upload the video, but i wouldn't want to get easily fooled people overly excited...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by annella
reply to post by boncho

Nope. Its not Jupiter, see link below. You probably need to read all of my OP as I did not film these objects.

March Skies New Zealand

ETA: Not everyone lives in the Northern Hemisphere...lolol

FYI: You can't see Jupiter in the Northern Hemisphere right now.

In your own words: lolol

Deny Ignorance

Edit: My first statement is not meant to be taken out of context, you can see Jupiter in the Northern Hemisphere but it is not much better than NZ. Wanted to clear that up.
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: +info

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeresHowItGoes

Originally posted by boncho

Is it the West?

If it is, it's Jupiter.

jupiter is not purple and green.
im very interested in the purple colour as purple is not used by planes and stars are not purple(except in the fifth dimension)neither are planets.

The only reason the light looks like it changes color is because of crappy sensors in the camera.

-snip-. I think it's best to eliminate the things we know about before jumping to conclusions.
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: unneeded dig by me

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

lol...I dont believe Im being defensive, but I know I do have some mannerisms that may make it look that way.

I dont know the poster of the youtube vid, but I have made enquiries re flight times into that airport on those days and can rule out commercial flights pretty well entirely. Someone else mentioned military flights, I dont personally believe they would be down in Dunedin doing takeoff/touchdowns when they have 2 perfectly good airbases to do that on.
I guess what I do believe is the video posters attitude, his concise answers and the fact that he says that the light disappeared over the ridge/hill away from the airport.
So for me it is still a mystery.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join