It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16th: Earthquake rocks Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

March 16th: Earthquake rocks Canada

www.theglobeandmail.com

A 4.3-magnitude earthquake hit eastern Ontario on Wednesday afternoon. Natural Resources Canada said the earthquake was detected five kilometres southeast of Hawkesbury, Ont.

There were no immediate reports of damage.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
http...

Between hockey, poutine, maple-syrup, beautiful woman and great landscapes... Earthquakes is one thing we are certainly not known for.

If you look at a globe Ontario is basically right behind/underneath the Japan and surrounding areas.

Of course, we should pray for Japan; non-stop. However, right now?, I'm going to take a moment to pray for humanity.

#TEAMSURVIVE

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Small earthquake hits eastern Ontario

was the headline I read.
Thanx for the date in the headline though, that should be a requirement for all breaking news.

An earthquake of such magnitude “usually feels like a short sharp jolt, maybe like a truck hit the building,” said Taimi Mulder, an earthquake seismologist with the Geological Survey of Canada, which is part of Natural Resources Canada.

It did make me look though, your headline was much catchier than theirs.

edit on 16-3-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
If you look at a globe Ontario is basically right behind/underneath the Japan and surrounding areas.

Now i did not get my grade 10 but what globe is that? Where canada is right under japan? Or is it in the way you hold it?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm in kitchener ontario, never felt a thing.

Crazy, I'll keep my ears open. I have family all over Canada.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
Now i did not get my grade 10 but what globe is that? Where canada is right under japan? Or is it in the way you hold it?

If you were to dig a hole, for example, from Japan straight through the earth you would pop out in Canada.
Hopefully this makes sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Real talk I had to pull up a map because I could have SWORN Canada was north of the US. You mean the earthquake was so bad that Ontario moved????

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Stuck a knife through my globe in Japan and came out in the middle of the Atlantic closer to the UK.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Mag 4 is relatively small as you know ,but you as well as me are living on stable ground ,we had a 4 just off the great barrier reef a couple of days ago.www.abc.net.au...
there must be a large renovation going on deep down .

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know if it is just me, but I have the impression that we (all of us) are currently deviating our attention into something that doesn't need such care. What do I mean? You see, when 9/11 happened we all gazed upon the event itself, turning all efforts and tought into that particular "time frame" in which the incident actually happened, but behind the curtains there was a lot more going on, and we know that now, and I know most of you know what I'm talking about. Could it no be the case now as well? While we are looking at earthquakes and fallouts (not minimizing their importance or the suffering of those involved) something much bigger could be going on right now, under the table? I don't know, it's just my paranoid mind speaking here... I say throw your bets

/discuss

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Loved the reference, I'm still laughing

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If you were to dig a hole, for example, from Japan straight through the earth you would pop out in Canada.
Hopefully this makes sense.

Makes sense to who? You would end up off the coast of south america! Is that what they teach you in grade ten?Well im glad i didn't go fill my head up with that stuff because my brain does not use oxygen the same way so if i did go to grade 10 i would probably be dead.
www.livephysics.com...
edit on 16-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Darkk

Real talk I had to pull up a map because I could have SWORN Canada was north of the US. You mean the earthquake was so bad that Ontario moved????

No America was so bad Ontario moved under japan.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.antipodemap.com...

The above link shows what is on the other side of the world from where ever you want to start from.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I dont't know if you seen this yet...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I live around Ottawa and I never felt it. I was is in a wal mart store in Orleans which is east of Ottawa. My family at home felt a small shake more of a rumbling like a big heavy loaded truck on the road. Now the one last year that was felt more! First I heard about it was on the radio in my car. Till i walked in the door and the kids asked me if i felt it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
*sigh* I KNEW that would cause controversy LOL. I'm looking at a SMALL SMALL single hand held globe.

I APOLOGIZE!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys would jump on him for saying that about Japan, jeez people can be so mean!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It has....begun.

That could mean something big is getting to shift - but is this more closely related to the New Madrid fault or Juan de Fuca?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Truly unfortunate sensationalist title!

...Evidence shows there really IS a domino effect with earthquakes and volcanoes. But suggesting that a 4.3 "rocks" is just wrong! And diminishes the real issues.

BTW darkk is right - opposite to Honshu on the globe is off the coast of South America. The Ottawa/Montreal region is not even on the same latitude.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join