It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 16th: Earthquake rocks Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
*sigh* I KNEW that would cause controversy LOL. I'm looking at a SMALL SMALL single hand held globe.

I APOLOGIZE!

Wel screen names do speak volumes about you, but its cool like i said i did not even finish grade 10

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Somethings going on with all these earthquakes. Strange nontheless

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

http...

Between hockey, poutine, maple-syrup, beautiful woman and great landscapes... Earthquakes is one thing we are certainly not known for.

That is a real shame, or your standards are simply too high -- only one beautiful woman in Canada?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup

http...

Between hockey, poutine, maple-syrup, beautiful woman and great landscapes... Earthquakes is one thing we are certainly not known for.

That is a real shame, or your standards are simply too high -- only one beautiful woman in Canada?

Yeah and she is from california

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm seeing 2 EQ's here:

Don't know if one was an update as it was 1 second apart but I don't think so as one was a depth of 18.0km and the other was 5.3km

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Wednesday March 16 2011, 17:36:56 UTC 3 hours ago Ontario-Quebec border region, Canada 3.7 5.3 Detail
Wednesday March 16 2011, 17:36:55 UTC 3 hours ago Ontario-Quebec border region, Canada 4.3 18.0

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What scares me now is that a bunch of dolphins beached themselves in the gulf and around 30 beached themselves yesterday and died, I heard they do this before a major earthwquake

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

We had a 4.0 a few months back here in Illinois I posted.

It was around 4 AM and I was sitting here keyboarding when I heard a really loud KABOOM almost like a huge SLAM (I guess two plates just hit together?) anyway right after that my house and I jiggled right to left about two / three times just a little and my son comes running upstairs saying, WTF was that!

Now that was just a little 4.

God those poor souls in Japan.

I also lived through a tremor in Missouri when I was 12 and the ground shook back and forth for about a minute but it seemed like an hour - I grabbed the kids I was babysitting (my sister's) and we ran out onto the driveway fare enough away from the house, trees or power lines but that was also spooky as (brown word).

Glad you are okay. Hope that's it for you. Canada is beautiful - with all the big hills and mountains.

We're in the midwest USA where everything is flatter.

Earthquakes, tremors and plate slaps are no fun.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
What scares me now is that a bunch of dolphins beached themselves in the gulf and around 30 beached themselves yesterday and died, I heard they do this before a major earthwquake

Yeah dolphins are not so smart on land

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

lol No I apologize. I meant no offense.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks but our Land Dolphins are all ok. lol

(joking)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Does it make sense that a 9.0 vibration would drop down through the mantle - split in half over the core and press into the other side of the crust at two 30 degree angles from the core, pressing the crust for 4.5 level earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

Originally posted by hapablab

Yeah dolphins are not so smart on land

one day they will be....one day *maniacal laugh*

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

We live in the Western Quebec seismic zone. Here`s the link to Earthquakes in Canada. Check out the map on the site.

I live outside Ottawa and was online when it happened, but I felt nothing.

give off energy that travels in waves across the crust. If it went down and up like an elevator, we`d be talking about volcanoes.

Link to EQ Can

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now that we're back On Topic...

...please avoid the temptation to continue the one-line or off topic comments .

TIA

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think there is only one even though NYAlert is showing 2. One however has a depth of 0.00, but both show the same time (off by 1 second). I'm wondering if they posted one and then revised it? Dunno..... here is what was reported by USGS

3.7M @ 0.00 Depth

4.3M @ 18.00KM Depth
edit on 16-3-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Interesting how 2 sites show 2 sets of data.

Still showing this and hasn't changed. I would assume that a mistake would be cleared up.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Wednesday March 16 2011, 17:36:56 UTC 6 hours ago Ontario-Quebec border region, Canada 3.7 5.3 Detail
Wednesday March 16 2011, 17:36:55 UTC 6 hours ago Ontario-Quebec border region, Canada 4.3 18.0

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know, that kind of threw me off as well. I don't understand how one site can have one set of data and another something different, with recent events they should know that people are going to be on edge about this stuff and will be all over it as soon as it happens. But, appreciate the link to the site you posted from, never hurts to have as many sources of info as possible these days!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yea I saw it in the news. A magnitude 4.3 earthquake happened in a region called the Laurentians. It's strange that it happened suddenly when there has been so few since a long time in this area. It brings up many questions into my mind.

Here's a link :

4.3 earthquake rattles Quebec, Ottawa

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I converti felt it here also,namur,quebec,21 miles noerth of montebello,about 1 hrs drive from the epicenter of the earthquake,I am a waitress in a restarant,had customer,we kinda all together just blurted out earthquake. Kinda of makes u ponder,with all thats going on what"s next?
edit on 17/3/11 by masqua because: Converted All Caps in text

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I, we live in Kanata which is essentially a borough of Ottawa, located to the west, and even though we are one of the most quake sensitive areas in Ottawa (Due to the Cambrian formations of glacial rock) we felt nothing.........

I cannot deny that the USGS website is looking scary - there have been many mini quakes in just the last 2 days all around the RING OF FIRE..... The 19th is coming fast.......

Oh well I guess I can still watch Jersey Shore for now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join