It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plays While Fukushima Burns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looks like our globalist-in-chief isn't taking the crisis very seriously, playing GOLF and picking NCAA winners during all this?!

Article here:
www.prisonplanet.com...

" Obama’s behavior exemplifies the fact that he is a completely hollow sock-puppet of a president. After being billed as an icon for hope, change and fresh leadership as America sought to reclaim its global reputation, Obama has been nothing but a crushing disappointment and a massive failure.

The whole farce reminds us once again that Obama, like George W. Bush before him, controls absolutely nothing, has no influence on world affairs, and has now stopped even bothering to maintain the pretense that he is anything other than an obedient yes-man whose role comprises of nothing more than following orders from the Wall Street and banking elite that have pulled his strings from the very beginning. "

Is this how a leader is supposed to behave? (Or should I say shadow government lackey) ?

Meanwhile, the Japanese AND American governments are lying about the actual severity of the situation, trying not to panic the masses as winds blow east carrying radiation... hopefully it doesn't reach the West Coast. And if it does, you can bet the government will tell us there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We have a whole fleet including aircraft carriers off the shore of Japan. Does no-one else see that the President being in Brazil at a time we are facing an oil crisis as maybe something other than a vacation? Let's not jump to conclusions and realize many deals have been struck during leisurely activities.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
what do you expect from a community organizer? japan is not part of his community... pathetic excuse for a president and a man.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is a link to my own take: OBAMA FIDDLES WITH BASKETBALL SCORES AS THE WORLD BURNS
read more

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
Is this how a leader is supposed to behave?

What exactly do you want him to do? Japan is not his country or responsibility.

Funny - lots of people resent the USA positioning themselves as the "world's policeman", yet when a disaster happens anywhere in the world those same people expect the USA to help.

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

What would you like him to do?

The best thing he can do right now is going about his normal business. He has stated many times that he has been assured by experts that the US is in NO DANGER.

I know you don't believe that, because you think they are all lying to you...so honestly why do you care what Obama does if you think it will all be a lie?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Just shows you that he doesn't care about anyone but himself and his bankers. If I were president I wouldn't be taking little vacations, I assure you that. AT LEAST ACT BUSY.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Between this and the situation in the Middle East, looks like Obama has been reading “My Pet Goat” for the past 5 weeks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I wonder if the U.S. carriers will ever come home after the Japan disaster becomes somewhat cleaned up? Or will they try to set up bases in Japan as well? Like in Afghanistan and Iraq (we won't be leaving those areas any time soon).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why does anyone act surprised? I mean its obama we're talking about?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Is this how a leader is supposed to behave?

Funny - lots of people resent the USA positioning themselves as the "world's policeman", yet when a disaster happens anywhere in the world those same people expect the USA to help.

Can't have it both ways.

Funny it is, indeed. The fickleness of human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Life on earth must continue and must keep on keeping on as other peoples lives as well depends on it. There is only so much the president can do, he is not a nuclear engineer so he must rely on others to do this, which is the way it should be, there are other things the president can be doing. If he is needed, I am quite sure that if Japan needs something from him, he is only a phone call away. We cannot stop living our lives because tragedy struck somewhere else, just as I would not expect other nations to stop their daily lives in the event the US had a catastrophe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
High end Golf = business deals. Like the kind they do at Mafia weddings.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Just shows you that he doesn't care about anyone but himself and his bankers. If I were president I wouldn't be taking little vacations, I assure you that. AT LEAST ACT BUSY.

You do know that the trip to Brazil IS business...don't you???

And photo ops and other things are things Presidents have always done.

Please tell me...what would you like him to be doing. We know what you don't want him to do, which is continue his daily schedule...so what do you want him to do?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I wonder if the U.S. carriers will ever come home after the Japan disaster becomes somewhat cleaned up? Or will they try to set up bases in Japan as well? Like in Afghanistan and Iraq (we won't be leaving those areas any time soon).

You can rest assured that the carriers and other security forces will remain on site if there is even a remote possibility that any nuclear material can be obtained by any unscrupulous people.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

US Naval forces have been based in and foreward deployed to Yokosuka and Sasebo since the end of WW2.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I've thought about this on and off the past few days with as frequently as the US has been called upon to help.

I DO think Obama needs to rethink what he is shown doing in situations like this. The only time I hear about him - he's either golfing/living it up or he's trying to enforce things on the US. Not much presidential work...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Japan is a sovereign nation, Barack Obama has no power there. Overseas aid can only enter Japan at the invitation of that country's government.

And what does your president know about disaster management that would aid the Japanese?
Remember that it was your country that introduced nukes to japan in 1945.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravellingFool

I DO think Obama needs to rethink what he is shown doing in situations like this. The only time I hear about him - he's either golfing/living it up or he's trying to enforce things on the US. Not much presidential work...

As my dad used to tell me...

Bitch in one hand,
and sh*t in the other
and see which one fills up faster.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

You do know that the trip to Brazil IS business...don't you???

And photo ops and other things are things Presidents have always done.

Please tell me...what would you like him to be doing. We know what you don't want him to do, which is continue his daily schedule...so what do you want him to do?

You do know that he is speaking to the public, and then carrying on with his vacation. A business trip would not include sight seeing;

The Obama family will also take in the sights in Rio. A trip to Corcovado mountain, where the Christ the Redeemer statue stands (France gave us Lady Liberty, gave Brazil Jesus) is supposedly on the itinerary. What trip to Rio would be complete without it? If they do make it to the top of the mountain, they will do so with an entourage of secret service and Brazil’s Elite Squad, known as BOPE.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes, I forgot that the President should wear a blindfold as to not accidentally see any thing enjoyable while he is on a trip

Or maybe, it is seen as polite to let the host show you around their city???

The hate some of you are filled with leads you to be illogical, it is funny and good entertainment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join