It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plays While Fukushima Burns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok. Let's assume for the moment he's supposed to do something...in a sovereign foreign nation.

What? I mean that isn't already being done. Aid is flowing into the country as quickly as a damaged, or rather shattered, infrastructure can allow. Navy ships, including at least one aircraft carrier, are off the coast ramping up search and rescue efforts with the Japanese govt.

Just what more is he supposed to be doing?

I'm no fan of Obama, but seriously, what more is he supposed to be doing? Despite what we may or may not think, things outside of Japan still need to be taken care of.

A Presidents job is not to micromanage things. His/her job is to see the big picture, and the big picture includes visits to a South American ally.

Not doing anything? Really? Seems to me he's doing what he's supposed to be doing...allowing the folks who know whats going on, do their jobs.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

So are you saying, that when the company sends you to a convention, you go ahead and use that companies money to see the sights? Much like obama is doing with the tax payers money.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Just what more is he supposed to be doing?

I've been asking the same question. good luck getting a straight answer out of the Obama haters. They hate what Obama is doing. If Obama was doing what they wanted...well, they would hate that too.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

What is he suppose to be doing? Oh I dunno, maybe not trying to implement legislation about piracy issues, not spend tax dollars on unconstitutional programs, not burn through trillions of dollars of ' stimulus " that mind you, ended up not stimulating anything....and focus on bringing jobs back to the US. Maybe spend some time closing and securing our borders? thats a start.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow, that scum bag! I assume you have stopped everything you are doing and tended only to what is happening in Japan right? No? Hmm...

Obama has pledged any aid that Japan needs.... Did you forget that?

"Whatever assistance is needed".

He is sending aid as we speak... So let's not act like he is not doing anything about it, alright?

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

What is he suppose to be doing? Oh I dunno, maybe not trying to implement legislation about piracy issues, not spend tax dollars on unconstitutional programs, not burn through trillions of dollars of ' stimulus " that mind you, ended up not stimulating anything....and focus on bringing jobs back to the US. Maybe spend some time closing and securing our borders? thats a start.

What do any of those have to do with a trip to South America? I suppose he could never work on such issues while abroad, huh?

So, for you, the issue really doesn't revolve around Obama's handling of Japan (the topic of the thread), your issue has to do with domestic issues. That's cool. At least you have legitimate grievances as opposed to imaginary ones.

To be specific, and to stay on topic, what more do people want from Obama in regards to the Japan crisis?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Indeed.

but the topic of this thread is "While Fukushima Burns...".

Now, what is he supposed to be doing in Japan?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Oh yeah, he's supposed to be policing the world like he is supposed to huh? I don't like Obama, but you can't make threads like this and then say, "America thinks its the police of the world." And plus it ain't like he's superman. He can do just as much as we can.

Geeze, I don't like defending him, but some of you complain about anything and everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MindSpin

So are you saying, that when the company sends you to a convention, you go ahead and use that companies money to see the sights? Much like obama is doing with the tax payers money.

Ummm...yeah...sometimes. A lot of the times the company even provides those types of entertainment...at least the companies I have been with.

The definately don't make me sit inside the hotel and not do anything while I'm not working.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And this trip is to try to get exports moving into Brazil.

So I guess you are happy after all...right?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The way we view things is really only a reflection of our self beliefs, and not necessarily 'how it really is'. Dr. Phil puts it this way, "There is no reality - only perception".

This is the third thread that has hit on a similar topic. Obama MAY, I repeat, MAY be doing all he can, but it is perceived that he is doing nothing when he is golfing, bracketing basketball scores, vacationing in Rio, and going to parties.

And how he is perceived, IS the reality, regardless.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Very much so unfortunately.

No matter what he does, he can't win...

I'm not a fan, but sometimes I feel for the guy. Is it any wonder that these men go into office looking young, fit, vibrant...four years, or eight, they look like an extra from "Dawn of the Dead".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I know this sounds demented, but this is the exact reason why I hope one day the US has some sort of catastrophe. The American people have become complacent, lazy and expect handouts at every corner. That said, it is time for the American people to get a good kick in the backside to bring us back into reality a little bit. We have lived sheltered lives for too long and it is time for some adversity because our supposed government has been "protecting" us, big mistake. This will be proven when an emergency happens on our soil and people cannot cope with the situation and just curl up in a ball and give up when big brother does not running to bail them out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
hey why are you playing on ATS while fkukushima burns?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Those various hurricanes in the gulf and atlantic coasts aren't catastrophic? The rarer earthquakes along the Pacific Rim aren't catastrophic? Tornados in the Midwest aren't catastrophic?

Really?

The United States has it's fair share of catastropies, not on the scale of Japan, Haiti, or SE Asia, and without a doubt one will strike here in some unknowable future.

Hoping for it? Not so much... Expecting it? Yeah, I am. Preparing for it? As best I can. A 9.0 right on my doorstep? Not much to do there, except pray. Japan will bounce back, as bad as this is, I daresay it can't be much worse than the aftermath of WWII. An entire generation was decimated, yet they're a vibrant economic world power.

It'll take a while...but you watch and see, Japan will rebuild, probably better than ever. They're an amazing people, the Japanese.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Not to downplay the examples you gave as tragic as they were, but it was fairly isolated to a small area. I am talking something the entire country is affected by.

I have no doubts that the Japanese will be alright and they will recover in time, I have faith in them. The US on the other hand, not so sure we would handle it as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Look, I hate the guy's beliefs, policies and theory on how America should be run and what the role of the Fed Govt is. But, what is he supposed to be doing?

Maybe it is better that he keep his mouth shut and go play and let the adults work this out.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Oh, I think we'd handle it just fine. Once we came to the conclusion that we can really only depend upon ourselves.

In otherwords? A return to a self reliance that has been sorely lacking over the last three quarters of a century...

My humble opinion...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

What do I want him to do? Act just a little bit more like a President instead of a bookie.
Why has he just decided to fly off to Rio?
Those people may not be American's but they are people and they are in desperate straits. They need food, water, heat, things the U.S. can provide. (We have a major base not far away)
I am just to the right of Atilla the Hun but I can see what needs to be done.
You don't need to be a Policeman to do what's right.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This goes far beyond just his handling of the Japan quakes, like how he is going zero-sum with Libya. So no matter who wins he can say I didn't help the other guys. We are seeing within his inner circle a fair amount of contradiction. One person says we support so and so then someone else says the opposite. Obama's inaction has been very disconcerting. At least as far as Japan is concerned there is not much more he can really do. No waving a magic wand to make this disaster go away. I will give Obama credit for Japan BUT in regards to the other world issues at this moment he needs to actually pick a side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join