It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Furthering a series of post I have made recently, I will be updating them with supporting documentation that is legitimately based in science, not prediction. You should ALL watch the attached animation provided by the USGS of the event that I described last week regarding a major earthquake originating in the Salton Sea. The earthquake will generate so much energy that an enormous radius of "extreme shaking" will be experienced. Keep in mind that the "red" is the highest shaking intensity on the chart provided by the USGS. Pay special attention to the LA Basin as this is where the major damage and potential loss of life can occur. The energy is almost "funneled" into the valley of both the LA basin, San Fernando Valley, and to Ventura, CA.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

SMR

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It should be suggested to RIGHT-CLICK and save the HD video link above.
I just clicked the link and it took some time and took over the entire screen and I saw nothing.
Those who have .MOV files open in a browser might find this important.

EDIT TO ADD:
It is 37MB
edit on 3/28/2011 by SMR because: SECRET!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Alright, have to say, Berkland didn't predict a "big one", but simply earthquake activity on the west coast. From this chart, a few in the 4.-something range. So, was he actually wrong?

USGS earthquake list

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The weather in Socal has been very strange recently, it gets really cold one day then really hot the next day. Could this be a sign of Earthquake coming?

edit on 30-3-2011 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No, and that's because of the way he works it.

He hedges his bets.

Los Angeles averages 3 quakes over 3.5 a month, so he says there will be a 90% chance of a 3.6+ quake near Los Angeles.

It's simple really.

edit on 30/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Alright, have to say, Berkland didn't predict a "big one", but simply earthquake activity on the west coast. From this chart, a few in the 4.-something range. So, was he actually wrong?

USGS earthquake list

But it's hardly a prediction - I could just as easily predict that the sun will rise in the east over California on April 1st. When my son puts a cup on the edge of the table and I say, "It's gonna fall," that's not a prediction. Let me rephrase that - it is a prediction, just not one worthy of its own website and thousands of devoted followers.

Although... OhioPariahsDadPredictions.com is available...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jalosangeles

I still think something is coming by the 6th. of April, in fact I am getting the same feelings I had before the Japan quake.I have been working on a theory which includes the sun,moon and the magnetic field.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is wondering, the cats have returned to normal here. I never really thought a quake would happen (although it was always at least a possibility,) but I hope this has led people to be more prepared in the event that one does ever happen. Because it has to someday.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
but I hope this has led people to be more prepared in the event that one does ever happen..

I've never been one in for "Doom & Gloom" tactics, but I will say that some people apparently need "it" just so they will get off their 'lazy behind' and do something that they should've already had done, and that's getting yourself prepared for the time a quake hits. What to do, what not to do, where to be, where not to be, etc.

Being prepared if one lives in an area that has seismic activity is a "no-brainer", yet the percentages of households that are prepared are minimal. Most folks don't even know of the simplest and safest area of protection inside a house when an earthquake occurs. DO YOU (general question to the populace/members)?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How To Prepare for an Earthquake

www.wikihow.com...

There are excellent tips and must do's in this article. I went through the Loma Peita quake in 1989 and was prepared and had only lived in Berkeley, Ca. for a little over a year when it happened. I can tell you most people I knew were not. You are right Johnny Anonymous most are not. I am back home in Michigan but am still prepared just in case. We do get servere storms, tornados and the occasional earthquakes..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No, and that's because of the way he works it.

He hedges his bets.

Los Angeles averages 3 quakes over 3.5 a month, so he says there will be a 90% chance of a 3.6+ quake near Los Angeles.

It's simple really.

edit on 30/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Ah, but do they gt quakes in the 4's and stronger that often? Little ones (shown in plain type, as opposed to bold or red on the USGS site) are common, but I suspect the bold ones and stronger are not. Not enough evidence to know, of course, but he could be onto something. Does anyone have solid data on how many major quakes he's accurately predicted?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhioPariah

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

USGS earthquake list

But it's hardly a prediction - I could just as easily predict that the sun will rise in the east over California on April 1st. When my son puts a cup on the edge of the table and I say, "It's gonna fall," that's not a prediction. Let me rephrase that - it is a prediction, just not one worthy of its own website and thousands of devoted followers.

Although... OhioPariahsDadPredictions.com is available...

Well, would not become a follower, for certain. Just something to consider. If it could be shown that he accurately predicted a lot of major quakes, that would be a bit more telling. He claims he has, but I can't seem to find the proof so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey folks,

Thought I'd let you folks know, I know its April fools. But this is for real. I was on my way home this arvo (I live in tropical Papua New Guinea - PNG), and heard the news on the radio on our drop-off van. It was about a POLAR BEAR, yes a POLAR BEAR, that washed up in Manus province (and Island of mainland PNG) Google Earth link 2°13'51.64" S 147°31'56.15" E.

Now, what is a POLAR BEAR doing in the tropics?????

I'll have to wait for Monday's newspaper to post the article if it comes out. This is extremely rare. What is this world coming to???...an END. Hope not!!!

Anyway, I hope it wasn't an April fools played on air, but will update, if it is.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I sure hope you got the TV show LOST down there in PNG, because that would explain it to you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dear Friends

We will for sure have a very serious earthquake in the first period of mai
I don"t know were exactly but looking at the facts it will be in south east europe
Bulgaria /Greece or close

you can read the topic on
www.martinrai.com...

Massive Earthquake in or around mai

There will be a massive earthquake and other smaller ones in or around the month of mai. These earthquakes will have a severe impact on the world. When ever jupiter change position an earthquake occurs. Entering bloody aries will make the earthquake more severe.

In mai rahu, ketu, sun, mercurius, mars, venus, eros, neptune, jupiter all of them will shift position in the first 2 weeks of mai. A very evil omen. The moon will be strong in the beginning of mai in taurus and in cancer navamsa.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this thread is still active, however I'll find out fairly quick when I post this comment. Unfortunately, I cannot start a thread of my own due to the fact I am a new user. That said, about three months ago I mentioned a "mega-quake" scenario that scientist had not published as factual yet. I hope my credibility has been proven at this point, based on the report by the USGS released June 26, 2011 backing my previous claims that a mega-quake would originate at the base of the San Andreas fault zone in the Salton Sea and work upwards towards the LA Basin and eastward through Palm Springs and Apple Valley.

The information provided is very limited. I have to stress this fact. IF the USGS released all the data, along with other scientist's findings on electromagnetic research, the backlash of public hysteria would overwhelm the system. I'm here to tell you, to inform you, that what is being released is a frightening scenario, but what's not being released is even more so. The timeline of such an event is "imminent" in Geological terms, however please keep in mind that that does not mean tomorrow, next month, or even next year. I was reprimanded by a friend of mine the last time I posted for saying "imminent", as most respond to this term as "immediate", which it is not.

The electromagnetic research in this area is quite amazing. Quakefinder.com, an organization privately funded, is behind this ground breaking research. Research I might add that the USGS publicly does not acknowledge, but I know for fact they track daily.

Please know that I am not here to cause alarm or to predict earthquakes in any way, however I do want everyone to be prepared for an event so massive that the destruction will trump that of Japan's massive earthquake in March 2011. This earthquake is NOT far off. I have to include one final thought; the words not being spoken in mainstream media by scientist is that an overwhelming majority of geologist are indicating that "the course of the 2012 presidential race will be shaped by the response to the devastation in Los Angeles and San Diego counties, making Hurricane Katrina look like a fender bender".

Earthquakes are survivable, but you must prepare. Do not just have 3 days of food and water. I guarantee you that it will NOT be enough. Plan for two weeks of basic food and supplies. Moreover, if you have family and loved ones with you in So Cal (Los Angeles to Palm Springs, to San Diego) make a plan for AFTER the quake. Have a meeting place and instructions on how to get there. Just make sure you have a plan and supplies, you'll make it that way.

As I have done previously, I'll post more when I know more.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jalosangeles2011

I'm listening. Thank you for posting. Today there was a 7.8 EQ in New Zealand. Let this not be the beginning.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

There was a 7.6 with an epicenter more than 600 miles from New Zealand.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on 7/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip. USGS has already made themselves look foolish by downgrading most large quakes within the past few years that I know of...surely they are in league with NASA's master. Great info brother!

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join