It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-14-2011 Several Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Last night I had about 6 dreams, three of the dreams used/recycled the same dream world and so did the other three.

The first three dreams took place in a large house that looked like a combination of a house/apartment/& some unknown building, and I was with a team of men & women.

We had guns and were working together to clear/search this house, which appeared to probably have many threats hidden inside of it, maybe: zombies, ghosts, strange creatures, and various other things like that.

I appeared to maybe be the leader and my team and I were being very cautious, and moved very slowly through the house checking our corners & watching our backs.

The house was pretty dark and had long almost maze-like halls with many rooms, with most of the doors closed, which made it scarier; and the house had several floors/stories, to make things worse.

Next to the entrance way was a stairway in front of the entrance, one to the left connected to a hallway, and one to the right connected to a hallway.

Behind the stairway in front of the entrance was an entrance to the main living areas of the house, so the entrance way was like a small lobby.

The stairways with hallways connected, had both stairways being in a spindle shape and the hallways connected around the outside of the main living areas like a rectangular or square maze.

I can not remember the good details or if we fought anything, but I know we either seen and/or imagined some strange things in the house; it had a dark & foggy & scarier atmosphere, though I did not let the fear bother me too much, but it did make me more cautious.

My team and I seemed to work very good together, and we moved about in formation; we had handguns, sub-machine guns, shotguns, and compact assault rifles.

I remember wanting to stay close to the exit and I was worried about getting flanked in the hallways, so I took a lot of care to protect our flanks and tried to stay close to the exit at first.

I remember splitting my team up in groups after clearing some of the first floor, and we slowly started checking every room and floor one-at-a-time (and we communicated with some ear piece things & I remember asking for status reports several times), but that is all that I can remember in the first dream (though I know that a lot more happened, and it was probably freaky (but my team and I were brave & fought, even if we were a bit afraid at times).

The second dream took place in the same house, except one of my former classmates and his parent's lived there, and I was there visiting him along with someone else; the house still have that weird atmosphere, but I do not remember seeing anything unusual.

He showed us around certain parts of the house and at some point in the dream, he wanted to kill one of his pets for some reason, maybe it had rabies or something; I can not remember, I just remember us running through the house chasing it with BB guns and a melee weapon.

I do not remember the exact circumstances, but it is not what it sounds like, it was not an animal cruelty situation exactly; he cared about his pet, but something happened, and I had to try to help when something went wrong but I can not remember what.

Maybe it was an experiment gone wrong or something, I do not remember, I just remember shooting the pet (which may have been a cat at this point) with the BB gun; but the gun was a weak Red Ryder, so the BB fell to the ground after hitting it, and so my classmate had to kill it with the melee weapon.

Whatever the circumstances were, we were not doing this for fun, but out of some kind of threat/necessity; but that is all that I can remember in the second dream.

The third dream took place in this same house, but this time another former classmate of mine lived there, and the stairway in front of the entrance led to a gym.

In the gym there was a basketball game going on and so I went to watch some of it, and I sat on the floor with some of the players that were sitting on the sit and cheerleaders; the rest of the crowd was in the stands.

The gym was surprisingly big, but this house was big, and I sat there watching some of the game and listening to some of the people talk.

It appeared to be a Junior Varsity basketball game and I remember seeing some fancy lettering on the jerseys of one team, that had something like DH-JV or something written on it.

I heard some of the high school girls talking about one of my former classmates, who was sitting in the stands wearing a basketball jersey, and they were talking about how he was cute or something like that; which I found amusing, especially since they did not seem to realize how old he really was, and they are just little kids compared to us.

At some point I decided to leave and as I was walking toward the exit, I noticed that same former classmate that the girls were talking about was walking in front of me toward the exit with his soon to be wife; and for some reason I started to feel like I looked like some jealous former boyfriend of his future wife or something.

So I tried to keep my distance as they walked and talked, and I started to wonder had I really dated his future wife before, which I did not recall so I guess that is was a no.

As I left the gym I noticed one of my brothers and he wanted me to show him around the other parts of the house, but I then remembered the first dream and I decided to teach him some room clearing techniques.

I had a pistol and I walked over to the stairway with the hallway connected to it on the left, and I started showing him how to check his corners and watch his back, and I showed him some other tips.

I felt cautious about going further into the house, so I told him to stay back, until my team was back to make sure that the place was clear; then I woke up.

The fourth and fifth dream took place in a fictional & somewhat slightly futuristic version of my birth town, with me driving downtown in one of the dreams and walking downtown in the the other, but that is all that I can remember of those two.

My last dream involved me in this same town but I was with my parent's and they had a baby with them, who I am guessing was supposed to be either one of my real life brothers (but he was a baby again) or a fictional new baby brother or something; and we were walking in the nice & modern park-like area.

There was an open field that had walk ways, water fountains, statues, plants, chairs, and more.

It appeared that most of the town had gathered for an event under this somewhat futuristic-looking pavilion, and there was a big screen with an unknown film showing.

I think food and drink was also served, and we sat watching some of the film until it started to rain; for some reason part of the pavilion had a fancy roof that did not cover the whole thing so some of us had to leave to avoid getting too wet.

So my parent's, the baby, and I started to walk back to the automobile; and I carried the baby as we walked.

I noticed some of my former classmates as we got closer to a building that was somewhat near the parking area, and I wondered if they would think that the baby was my son or something.

I handed the baby back to my mom and told my parent's that I was going to stay at the park-like place, so they left.

I talked with a few of my former classmates as we stood underneath a catwalk, until it stopped raining, and then I walked around to explore this park-like area.

At some point I found a small old graveyard and I saw an old woman helping her very old mom, as they walked around looking at the graveyard and taking pictures.

Both women had darker brown colored skin and black & gray colored hair, and the mom needed her daughters help to walk.

I walked around trying to avoid stepping on some of the graves, since the graveyard was old and not taken very good care of, so there was grass growing over some of the graves; I listened as the mom told her daughter about how this was her first time being back to her birth town in years.

She told her daughter various stories about her childhood and the good old times, and I started to think about some of my old memories.

It was a great and sad moment for us, and I started to cry, but I walked away so that they would not see me cry; it was a cry of happiness and sadness, and was very realistic.

I walked away missing some of my happy childhood moments and probably disappointed in a lot of my adulthood moments/life/world/environment, but I was happy that at least I had some memories of the better times; even if they are long gone/past, and I hoped for better days to return to the present and future or something like that.

I wondered about how the adult world/culture seems to destroy/suppress parts of us as we get older and we often start to lose certain things we had during our childhood or something like that; but then I woke up.

The end,
-John Jr

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have had dreams like yours, I do not want to get into them on a public forum because they are pretty violent. But I will say that it was a very similar setting. We were in an abandoned downtown building in my hometown, the place was a war zone, I could go into detail, but I don't want to bore you. Also the zombie thing is a reoccurring theme in my dreams and has a place in this dream I started to tell you about once it progresses.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Hey there John, I'm a new member here at ATS and you get the privilege of my first reply

Anywho, though. This thread is just a big ol' synchronicity to me. I woke on the 14th with 4 very distinct dreams in clear detail in my head that I had that night. Although, the content of my dreams was faaar different, I can still relate and I'll elaborate on that in a moment. I'll be brief with my descriptions to keep it simple, but one dream involved a large number of young kids(teenage) having an all out destruction derby in a city setting (super graphic), another about a close friend urinating on me and a extremely nasty and graphic fight ensued, another about having a secret undiscovered strain of extremely valuable marijuana (LOL how'd that get in there?) which was filled with paranoia, anxiety and secrecy. The last was, by far, the most bizarre and the gem of my night was a closed door meeting in a very luxurious office with none other than Charley Sheen...I kid you not lol. I very distinctly remember him making a proposition to me because he thought I was "a good guy" or something like that. He wanted me to deliver him shipments of blood, in small quantities and, for some reason, I clearly remember him telling me he'd pay me $45,000 per delivery and shortly after, I woke up. I was pretty baffled so I wrote a short synopsis of each in a notebook and moved on with my morning, but still with a heavy dose of WTF?

Now, keep in mind, my dream recall is really poor most of the time. I remember a dream every once in a while but never 4 different dreams in relatively clear detail in one night.... curious, indeed, OP. Anywho, that's my 2 cents!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I have had dreams like yours, I do not want to get into them on a public forum because they are pretty violent. But I will say that it was a very similar setting. We were in an abandoned downtown building in my hometown, the place was a war zone, I could go into detail, but I don't want to bore you. Also the zombie thing is a reoccurring theme in my dreams and has a place in this dream I started to tell you about once it progresses.

Interesting, I would like to read more of your dreams, do not worry about boring me; I enjoy to hear other people's dreams, and I rarely get that opportunity, so feel free to share all that you are comfortable sharing.

In my first dream, I am not sure if zombies were in there are not, but I do know that we thought that a variety of strange things were in that building (which was an odd place when I think about it); I sometimes have dreams with zombies, and sometimes I escape by flying, but usually they are not that big of a threat to me unless there are a lot of them.

Also, I do not think that a zombie has ever hurt me yet in a dream, since I usually can defeat them and/or escape.

Anyway, please do share more and thank you for commenting.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shenanigans

Hey there John, I'm a new member here at ATS and you get the privilege of my first reply

Anywho, though. This thread is just a big ol' synchronicity to me. I woke on the 14th with 4 very distinct dreams in clear detail in my head that I had that night. Although, the content of my dreams was faaar different, I can still relate and I'll elaborate on that in a moment. I'll be brief with my descriptions to keep it simple, but one dream involved a large number of young kids(teenage) having an all out destruction derby in a city setting (super graphic), another about a close friend urinating on me and a extremely nasty and graphic fight ensued, another about having a secret undiscovered strain of extremely valuable marijuana (LOL how'd that get in there?) which was filled with paranoia, anxiety and secrecy. The last was, by far, the most bizarre and the gem of my night was a closed door meeting in a very luxurious office with none other than Charley Sheen...I kid you not lol. I very distinctly remember him making a proposition to me because he thought I was "a good guy" or something like that. He wanted me to deliver him shipments of blood, in small quantities and, for some reason, I clearly remember him telling me he'd pay me $45,000 per delivery and shortly after, I woke up. I was pretty baffled so I wrote a short synopsis of each in a notebook and moved on with my morning, but still with a heavy dose of WTF?

Now, keep in mind, my dream recall is really poor most of the time. I remember a dream every once in a while but never 4 different dreams in relatively clear detail in one night.... curious, indeed, OP. Anywho, that's my 2 cents!

Thank you for blessing this thread with your first comment.

Those sounded like some crazy/interesting dreams, thank you for sharing that.

I would definitely like to read more of your dreams, feel free to share what you are comfortable sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well, it's been a couple days now and I've lost most of the interesting details in my mind's eye unfortunately, but I found your thread super interesting. Just the fact that you had multiple clear dreams this night like I did. Do you frequently remember dreams OP?

also, another interesting thing that your thread brings up that I've experienced my whole life is dream location reoccurrence. I've tried explaining this to many of my friends over the years and have only met a few others who experience this regularly. Over the course of most of my life, a lot of the dreams I have take place in these reoccurring fictional, but very detailed environments. The people, circumstances, scenarios are always different, but the surrounding areas are often recycled. I even have one thats a small town, in which I've spent dreams in it's park, living in a new house around the block from the park, attending classes at the university in the same vicinity, one where i rollerbladed through the whole town at terrifying speeds lol. I just find it interesting that my brain has preferred locations that it adds to on a regular basis.

Your OP seems to mirror this phenomena and that adds even more to my interest in your story!

Dreams are so awesome

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The one that comes to mind I already started lets just say there was a lot of shooting going on and maybe my dreams are all kind of tied together they tell a story about the future. Anyways I think there was some sort of a biological epidemic that in fact made people just like zombies, but at the same time there was no government and America was basically under attack, there was a criminal element that the United States has never seen before. I think I had just made it back home and lets just say that there were a lot of different forces at work because it is a strategic region in the US and remember that in the United States people don't resort to throwing rocks unless they have no firearms which means instead of rocks like some countries, bullets fly and enemies are surrounding you at every angle. This is during a brief very chaotic time which the government shuts down for weeks at a time. Anyways it was kind of a free for all and there weren't many people you could trust, but there were always someone you could and we packed together into groups basically to defend ourselves. And in doing so and just the chaotic atmosphere in general, dead bodies accumulated and then the problem became of disposal.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shenanigans

I have had that too, in fact a lot lately. I also know people in my dreams that I don't know in real life, so there is also people re occurrences, but there are also people I do know and locations I do know also.

Most of them are not all doom and gloom but alot of them are.

I had a dream that I was at an airport or a high school , I couldn't make up my mind at first but I have revisited the dreams twice afterwards and determined that it was an airport, I just cant figure out which one, alot of them look the same and I have been to most of them.

In the first dream there was a plane that lost control while landing or it just seemed to kind of stall out and over shot the runway and crashed and exploded in this field that you could plainly see from inside the airport. Then people started congregating outside but of course there was a section of the runway blocked off where there were rescue efforts underway, but for the most part, common people who witnessed the crash went out into the parking lot and became spectators and we had a conversation about what possibly brought down the plane.

Then I went inside and the national news was on as you would expect in any airport in such a situation and it was happening all over the country and nobody could figure out why at first, possibly some sort of failure or emp managed to down the grid.

After this dream I revisited in another dream and entered back in from one of the employee only areas and made my way to the roof top where there was something nefarious going on, there was a helicopter landing and if I remember correctly gunmen posted on the roof, then from there in yet another dream I left from the roof top back down through the employees only area back into the main part of the airport.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shenanigans
well, it's been a couple days now and I've lost most of the interesting details in my mind's eye unfortunately, but I found your thread super interesting. Just the fact that you had multiple clear dreams this night like I did. Do you frequently remember dreams OP?

also, another interesting thing that your thread brings up that I've experienced my whole life is dream location reoccurrence. I've tried explaining this to many of my friends over the years and have only met a few others who experience this regularly. Over the course of most of my life, a lot of the dreams I have take place in these reoccurring fictional, but very detailed environments. The people, circumstances, scenarios are always different, but the surrounding areas are often recycled. I even have one thats a small town, in which I've spent dreams in it's park, living in a new house around the block from the park, attending classes at the university in the same vicinity, one where i rollerbladed through the whole town at terrifying speeds lol. I just find it interesting that my brain has preferred locations that it adds to on a regular basis.

Your OP seems to mirror this phenomena and that adds even more to my interest in your story!

Dreams are so awesome

Yes, I do remember my dreams more than the average person it seems, but not as much as I use to as a kid; but I have been remembering more of my dreams lately, especially since I started back blogging my dreams. (I have over 200 dreams posted at my WordPress blog, which you can find if you go to the link on my profile of my Gravatar)

Re-occurring dream locations, yes, thank you for sharing that and bringing that up.

I do have certain fictional, non-fictional, and semi-fictional re-occurring dream locations often; my grandfather's house is probably the most common non-fictional dream location of mine, for some strange reason.

I even sometimes will remember what happened in a certain location in my last dream of that location, and I will sometimes even find items exactly where I had put them in the last dream!

My birth town is often recycled in various non-fictional and fictional ways, and a few other cities; and sometimes a few other countries, all of which I have never been too.

My brain seems to love to recycle former classmates of mine, former classmates are my most common non-fictional dream characters, for some strange reason; even ones that I barely knew.

I agree, dreams are amazing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The one that comes to mind I already started lets just say there was a lot of shooting going on and maybe my dreams are all kind of tied together they tell a story about the future. Anyways I think there was some sort of a biological epidemic that in fact made people just like zombies, but at the same time there was no government and America was basically under attack, there was a criminal element that the United States has never seen before. I think I had just made it back home and lets just say that there were a lot of different forces at work because it is a strategic region in the US and remember that in the United States people don't resort to throwing rocks unless they have no firearms which means instead of rocks like some countries, bullets fly and enemies are surrounding you at every angle. This is during a brief very chaotic time which the government shuts down for weeks at a time. Anyways it was kind of a free for all and there weren't many people you could trust, but there were always someone you could and we packed together into groups basically to defend ourselves. And in doing so and just the chaotic atmosphere in general, dead bodies accumulated and then the problem became of disposal.

That is indeed interesting, thank you for sharing more.

I have also had a few dreams, one this year, with something that seemed to infect some people and/or control them, and made them somewhat zombie-like; but yours sounds intense, wow!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Anything here sound or look familiar?:

"Akashic Records And Antique Shop"? Or Just A Random Dream?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by shenanigans

I have had that too, in fact a lot lately. I also know people in my dreams that I don't know in real life, so there is also people re occurrences, but there are also people I do know and locations I do know also.

That reminds me of the, Knowing issue, I find it interesting how I sometimes just Know things/people/places/etc in a dream; even though I can not remember how I would Know.

Sometimes someone will look different, but I will somehow know who they really are supposed to be.

Sometimes I will know details that I do not remember anyone explaining to me.

Sometimes I will remember a dream or dreams, in a dream, but I will not remember that dream or dreams in the real world.

And various other odd Knowings.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Anything here sound or look familiar?:

"Akashic Records And Antique Shop"? Or Just A Random Dream?

Thank you for sharing that, I currently can not think to clearly, but the part with the books & the warehouse-like building did remind me of two of my dreams a bit (not very much though
).

I may have turned on a light switch in a few dreams, but if I have, it is very rare; usually I do not even look at or use light switches, so that is interesting.

I can read text usually when there is text in my dreams, even texts in other languages, but text is rare in my dreams; so that is also interesting.

And having the same dream world used so often is also interesting and unusual to me, I look forward to you posting more of your dreams.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Mine lately have not been that intense, but just as strange. I will go back to places I was the night before and continue the dreams and see some of the same people, some I know in life, others only in dreams in landscapes that I have never visited in life but are very familiar, like I have known them for quite some time, other times I will be in places I know and the landscape is very accurate.

Also I thought this was weird. A few months ago there was an earthquake in Japan, I was having this dream and someone said earthquake, and I looked the next day there was an earthquake that made the news around the same time I was probably dreaming. There was no earthquake in my dream, I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing ever did.
edit on 16-3-2011 by 12.21.12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thank you for sharing that, that is interesting, and I am impressed by how accurate our dream worlds can be sometimes.

My grandfather's house sometimes is very accurately created in dreams, even parts of the house that I have not been in since I was a kid!

If you are comfortable creating threads of some of your dreams, I think that would be good.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here's my other dream thread:

Who Else Seems To Go To The Same Place Every Night In Their Dreams?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I have a couple threads already

Oooh, thank you, I will check those out.

I do have a question though, I feel stupid asking this; but could you explain to me what exactly a Star and Flag are and what do they do on ATS?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Not much, I think you can order hats and t-shirts once you accumulate alot, you can also access the RATS forum (Really Above Top Secret) I just let mine accumulate for the most part, I haven't tried to order any swag so I couldn't tell you about that.

You can flag a thread and save for later and by acquiring flags and stars you accumulate points.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Not much, I think you can order hats and t-shirts once you accumulate alot, you can also access the RATS forum (Really Above Top Secret) I just let mine accumulate for the most part, I haven't tried to order any swag so I couldn't tell you about that.

You can flag a thread and save for later and by acquiring flags and stars you accumulate points.

Thank you for explaining that, I did not know that, so I am now better informed
; but what I was really wondering was:

Does a Star mean that you like a Thread?

And does a Flag mean that you think that a Thread should be listed higher in the Forum list?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join