It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Have A Bad Feeling (Next Shuttle Launch)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Now after reading the news in the past couple of days, and regarding the incident with the next shuttles astronauts wife in the news just a few months ago something has been bugging me about the next mission. To me personally I get the bad feeling something is going to happen with that flight, don't yet know what it is and this is in no way intended to be a prediction thread. No crazy dreams or anything just one of those gut feelings that something isn't sitting right. Here is the most recent news from NASA in case anyone isn't aware of the articles I am referring to.
And yes I am aware the coc aine one isn't all to strange but at the same time it is quite interesting. So anyone else having bad vibes?

www.foxnews.com...

Cape Canaveral, FL – Illegal drugs discovered at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla. have prompted an investigation into how the substance ended up at the Florida spaceport.

NASA officials found 4.2 grams of a white powdery substance on March 7. Initial on-site tests by the police indicated that it was coc aine, but the substance is now undergoing follow-up tests, said Renee Juhans of NASA's Office of Inspector General (OIG), which is conducting the inspection.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.space.com...

This story was updated at 2:15 p.m. EDT.

A space shuttle technician fell to his death this morning (March 14) from a launch pad at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla.

James D. Vanover, 53, a swing arm engineer for NASA contractor United Space Alliance, fell from an elevated level on Launch Pad 39A, where the space shuttle Endeavour is being prepped for launch, around 7:40 a.m. EDT (1140 GMT), the space agency said. He died shortly afterward.

abcnews.go.com...

Kelly said the decision to leave the side of his wife,Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, to board space shuttle Endeavour for its final flight in April is something Giffords would support.

"I know her very well and she would be very comfortable with the decision that I made," Kelly said.

Kelly is scheduled to lift off from the Kennedy Space Center Florida on April 19. He will command a crew of six astronauts, delivering the last major component to the International Space Station. He said he believes Giffords will be able to see Endeavour go.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was unaware that he decided to go up...

But I been thinking about that flight a lot... and thats something I dont usually do... might be cos the Giffords were on the news so much...

but I have odd feelings concerning the flight too

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am sorry no disrespect to Mr. Kelly but I sure wouldn't want to be on a flight with him on board. Although it is a miracle what happened to his wife. That and the fact he has a twin brother in NASA as well, just strange things for some reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

edit on 16-3-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: Double Post

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A bad feeling is well justified. Do the odds.
The most positive thing I can say is to cancel both remaining flights and gets those old birds out to the musems.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I very much had that feeling during this last flight. I guess it carries over to the two remaining ones as well. I think it might have something to do with the shuttle being in the press much more than it has since the last disaster and my general uneasy feelings about the state of the world. I hope that's it. Two space disasters in one lifetime is plenty for me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In another thread I posted the C-span coverage of her doctors Press conference Here (Its about halfway down the page). I forget the exact time but during They say that the shuttle launch should be Senator Giffords first appearence in public since the ...... well whatever you would like to call what happened to her. I thought hmm ....interesting. Now after reading this and considering the fact that it seems very likely that she will be there I NOW do in fact have a very bad feeling that they are going to do something.
edit on 16/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as always

edit on 16/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as always

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling that, like the last launch, I might forget it's happening and not go outside to watch it.
Other than that, no, I guess not.

Thanks for asking, though

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Thankyou for linking me to this thread .
In my thread/www.abovetopsecret.com... Getsmart went into detail about Nasa/Kelly/Giffords, and much as I dont want to think it there could be something to this . What exactly will happen I dont know but again thanks for the link .

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Thankyou for linking me to this thread .
In my thread/www.abovetopsecret.com... Getsmart went into detail about Nasa/Kelly/Giffords, and much as I dont want to think it there could be something to this . What exactly will happen I dont know but again thanks for the link .

Peace

Well, if Kelly Giffords is present at the launch, and if this is her first big public appearance since the shooting, this will be the biggest press draw to a Shuttle launch since Christa McAuliffe's ill-fated flight. Quite the world stage (or at least national stage) to present something... spectacular?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
A bad feeling is well justified. Do the odds.
The most positive thing I can say is to cancel both remaining flights and gets those old birds out to the musems.

I respectfully disagree. I'd say the 'odds' are pretty decent for textbook mission if the recently retired Discovery is any example. Just my .02¢

The shuttle Discovery made a graceful landing at Kennedy Space Center today, returning from her final voyage after a remarkable three-decade life of service spanning 39 flights, 5,830 orbits of the planet, 365 days spent aloft and 148 million miles traveled. Discovery becomes NASA's first orbiter retired as the space shuttle fades into history over the next few months.

SOURCE

edit on 16-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No, I hope nothing goes wrong. If it does, at least during launch, I will have a spectacular view of it from the KSC Visitor Complex.

At least I hope I will, still don't have tickets yet.
edit on 16-3-2011 by wasco2 because: To add

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Heres to hoping everything goes just like the most recent launch and landing

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

You are most certainly correct sir and when you put her "miraculous" recovery into the equation .....
I must admit I was shocked when I read that she was going to attend and a few of us thought hmmmm.....

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what everyone's veiled inferences could be. I TOTALLY trust in intuition, instinct and gut reaction so I don't necessarily doubt anyone's feelings. (I had a few premonitions myself in the past)

Just wondering what type of 'staged' event and possible purpose?

-Disclosure?
-Sabotage?
-Launch anomaly / encounter?

I'd love to entertain conjecture and there are no wrong answers. Perhaps even an accurate prediction.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

For myself it's more of a gut feeling I suppose. I'm not really thinking along the lines of any kind of disclosure or alien contact thoughts. Perhaps a staged event of some kind, just have the feeling some kind of "mishap" is scheduled to take place. Why and what purpose that would serve seeing as the shuttles are gonna be retired anyway I am not sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes I understand, I have those feelings every time a manned flight leaves from here. The gentleman who fell from the pad was an old school mate of mine and will be missed. As to all the other strange happenings before the launchs, they are happenstances of everyday life. Sometimes we read too much into things and That is human nature. I do believe in premonitions and hope your feelings do not become reality.
Spike

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I see the launch is scheduled for April 19th , hmmm ...

Waco , Oklahoma City , Warsaw , Toronto , Alcatraz , Baltimore , American Revolution , ...

Just what the hell is it with that date ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spikester

It is a true tragedy and I would like to say I am sorry for your loss. Any new info you have heard regarding this incident?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun

I see the launch is scheduled for April 19th , hmmm ...

Waco , Oklahoma City , Warsaw , Toronto , Alcatraz , Baltimore , American Revolution , ...

Just what the hell is it with that date ?

s that true ? Wow . Good dot connecting man .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join