It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Seeing is "not" believing.

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens don't care if you believe in them or not.




posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash
 


Either does the invisible elf that lives in my back yard.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All I am asking is for opinions on what the Military has that does the sort of thing I described. As for making the whole thing up or being stoned with my son? That is absolutely absurd LOL!

Lawrence Livermore Labs is relatively close so I'm thinking it ha something to do with them. I apologize for not having footage but it happened to fast.

I should not have used the term "debunk" because I agree there is not anything to debunk. I was just hoping some may have seen this anomaly and would have some idea what it might be.

I looked up UFO's in Fremont and found this plane. What do you think?

www.youtube.com...



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
I looked up UFO's in Fremont and found this plane. What do you think?




With the greatest of respect - it's not about what we think. It's about you either establishing what you think you saw or posting in the 'Grey Area', 'Skunkworks' or general chit chat about it.

With no evidence whatsoever and only the flimsiest of personal accounts only a fool would try and add conjecture to what it may have been.

I'm sure if you reread your opening post with an analytical mind you would arrive at these conclusions too.

-m0r



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty
 


I agree with you. I am unfamiliar with the site really. And for that I apologize.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK
 


It's not a problem - seriously! Relax and I know you haven't contributed to the A/U section before so I don't expect you to know how it all works so here is a brief explanation according to me.

It's a very polarised section which finds itself at war very easily. To generalise (hugely) you have those who believe everything they read and stand up for it as if their lives depended upon it and you get those who really need strong evidence which is supported (in part at least) within the opening post or they can be perceived as a bit lippy (I fall into this category).

There are of course those who fall inbetween but generally one is perceived as being a 'believer' or a 'debunker/sceptic'.

Whilst I have no doubt that you saw something a few months ago which you cannot explain - the evidence provided within the opening post doesn't really supply much by way of where - direction facing, angle to the horizon,etc. When - date and time. How - weather conditions, through a window? etc. and Why - Feeling the need to post now after all this time, supposing we'd know without any real knowledge of the situation etc.

This can be a very vibrant, fun and knowledge filled place and if you wish to go down the road of reclusive details and hard hitting thread titles you will be very warmly welcomed (depending on which side of the fence you sit on) but expect the other side to hound you for it.

There have been some very great posters from each side of the fence but they always supply as much knowledge as possible within their opening posts and are open to all 'ideas'.

Have a read around - it really is entertaining and occasionally interesting.

Best of luck!

-m0r



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by TheFlash
 


Either does the invisible elf that lives in my back yard.


How many photos/videos or reputable first-hand witness accounts do you have of its sighting or sightings of its vehicle(s)?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by BLKMJK
 


It's not a problem - seriously! Relax and I know you haven't contributed to the A/U section before so I don't expect you to know how it all works so here is a brief explanation according to me.

It's a very polarised section which finds itself at war very easily. To generalise (hugely) you have those who believe everything they read and stand up for it as if their lives depended upon it and you get those who really need strong evidence which is supported (in part at least) within the opening post or they can be perceived as a bit lippy (I fall into this category).

There are of course those who fall inbetween but generally one is perceived as being a 'believer' or a 'debunker/sceptic'.

Whilst I have no doubt that you saw something a few months ago which you cannot explain - the evidence provided within the opening post doesn't really supply much by way of where - direction facing, angle to the horizon,etc. When - date and time. How - weather conditions, through a window? etc. and Why - Feeling the need to post now after all this time, supposing we'd know without any real knowledge of the situation etc.

This can be a very vibrant, fun and knowledge filled place and if you wish to go down the road of reclusive details and hard hitting thread titles you will be very warmly welcomed (depending on which side of the fence you sit on) but expect the other side to hound you for it.

There have been some very great posters from each side of the fence but they always supply as much knowledge as possible within their opening posts and are open to all 'ideas'.

Have a read around - it really is entertaining and occasionally interesting.

Best of luck!

-m0r


I really appreciate your post. Thank for for running it down for me you are very kind. I agree totally with your opinion and I should not have even started this thread without and evidence. I mean people talk some CRAZY stuff on here with absolutely no proof and I laugh about it. THEN I GO AND DO THE SAME THING! LOL!

Thanks again.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by m0r1arty
 


I agree with you. I am unfamiliar with the site really. And for that I apologize.


You don't have to apologize, Thank god, that you have posted on this correct forum, or I probably never would have read your thread.

According to my own experiences, you and your son have witnessed an alien starcraft, that came from another star system. Congratulations!

The fact that you have witnessed the starcraft, near Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, makes it even more feasible that you saw the craft; because they love to flaunt their superior flight technology in front of the nuclear scientists faces.

My theory, is that that the starcraft has 6 power color phases. Two phases, which I've had the luck of seeing myself one night traveling on a highway, in a van, one , 30 miles west of Wash. D.C., back in Dec. of 1976.

1. The, beyond the speed of light color phase, for traveling to other star systems, which would have to be highly feasable because: they are here.

2. Inter- solar system power color phase, which be kind of like, low impulse power.

3. Cloaked Phase

4. Defense, or attack mode color phase.

5. The white, starlike color phase, which is also a high speed phase for traveling inside a planets atmosphere.
Estimated speed: 6,000 miles per hour

6. The landing phase: Which is a fiery red fusion plasma, [with no firey tail or smoke,] surrounding the starship to make it possible to land in an array of different terrains. Est. speed 25 to 40 miles per hour.

You, have seen the number 5 color phase.
I have seen, both #5 and #6, from possibly the same ET Starcraft.


Foofighter's Forever,

Erno




edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: mispelled

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: added more words

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by TheFlash
 


Either does the invisible elf that lives in my back yard.


How many photos/videos or reputable first-hand witness accounts do you have of its sighting or sightings of its vehicle(s)?

Neither did I know that contemporary science considers the existence of elves as likely as extraterrestrial life. I must have missed something?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Originally posted by BLKMJK
reply to post by m0r1arty
 


I agree with you. I am unfamiliar with the site really. And for that I apologize.


You don't have to apologize, Thank god, that you have posted on this correct forum, or I probably never would have read your thread.

According to my own experiences, you and your son have witnessed an alien starcraft, that came from another star system. Congratulations!

The fact that you have witnessed the starcraft, near Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, makes it even more feasible that you saw the craft; because they love to flaunt their superior flight technology in front of the nuclear scientists faces.

My theory, is that that the starcraft has 6 power color phases. Two phases, which I've had the luck of seeing myself one night traveling on a highway, in a van, one , 30 miles west of Wash. D.C., back in Dec. of 1976.

1. The, beyond the speed of light color phase, for traveling to other star systems, which would have to be highly feasable because: they are here.

2. Inter- solar system power color phase, which be kind of like, low impulse power.

3. Cloaked Phase

4. Defense, or attack mode color phase.

5. The white, starlike color phase, which is also a high speed phase for traveling inside a planets atmosphere.
Estimated speed: 6,000 miles per hour

6. The landing phase: Which is a fiery red fusion plasma, [with no firey tail or smoke,] surrounding the starship to make it possible to land in an array of different terrains. Est. speed 25 to 40 miles per hour.

You, have seen the number 5 color phase.
I have seen, both #5 and #6, from possibly the same ET Starcraft.


Foofighter's Forever,

Erno




edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: mispelled

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: added more words

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto


LOL! Are you leveling me? How did you come up with this theory? I wish I would have caught the thing on video but even then people who think like me would cry BS. I'm more incline to think our military is the cause of the white orb thing I witnessed with my son. Maybe drone testing?
edit on 3/16/2011 by BLKMJK because: (sp)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
I'm more incline to think our military is the cause of the white orb thing I witnessed with my son. Maybe drone testing?
I appreciate your level-headed approach to this topic.

Possibly military but when someone describes incredibly agile maneuvering the first things I think of as possibilities are RC craft which are incredibly agile and can turn on a dime and lately are decorated with LED lights in various colors.

If one was heading toward you initially it could appear to be stationary, then when it makes a turn it would appear to shoot off.

Just throwing some other possibilities out there since there's really no way to determine exactly what you saw from your description.

You may find this video interesting:

10/10/2010 Garden Grove UFO - It Was An RC Aircraft


That RC user wasn't even trying to perpetrate any kind of hoax, people just saw the lights and didn't know what the heck it was, so it was a UFO until the police determined what it was.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe it was military testing. I doubt we have anything that moves so fast yet... I don't know if it is possible to create something which is faster than the speed of light. It could be a type of star which we don't know of? You say you don't believe it was an alien, and those are the only reasonable answers I could come up with. Was it the first time you saw that in your area where you live?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

So...help me out debunkers. What is going on here? I'm not buying the alien stuff so what did I see?


Firstly, I totally agree with all Arbitrageur has said here, and I would also like to add that:

While most of us take for granted that what we see is exactly what is happening in reality, that is not the case...

We perceive the world around us as solid - things we can touch and feel. In reality the atoms that make up everything that surrounds us are 99.999999% empty space, but we do not perceive this.

What we see is not reality, but our mind's interpretation of reality. That can make things a lot more complex than they seem. Things that seem strange can in some cases be due to the way our minds distort reality.

It's ironic that many "believers" are willing to believe something that there is no actual evidence for (alien visitation), but will often not believe what I have posted above, which is something that is very well documented by science.

Of course, this may not be the underlying reason for what you saw, but it does play a large part in many UFO cases.

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but if you check the following thread/s, I have posted lots of links and info/examples that support what I'm saying.

What on earth can make a high speed 90 degree turn?
Best Illusion 2010 - Impossible Motion...Very Cool (Video), page 1



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you see something for three seconds and it has lights and flies and you don't know what it is...Relax. It was not a life changing experience. You really don't know what it was so don't make a big deal out of it.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


Wow that is interesting. I suppose that it may have possibility been some sort of remote controlled helicopter with a bright light on it. What puzzles me is how bright it was and how fast it shot off. We were on a 8 hour Call of Duty run so maybe our eyes were effected as well. Thank you for your time and input, I really appreciate it.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfamousJL3
Maybe it was military testing. I doubt we have anything that moves so fast yet... I don't know if it is possible to create something which is faster than the speed of light. It could be a type of star which we don't know of? You say you don't believe it was an alien, and those are the only reasonable answers I could come up with. Was it the first time you saw that in your area where you live?


This was the first time I have ever seen anything that had me puzzled in the night sky.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by BLKMJK

So...help me out debunkers. What is going on here? I'm not buying the alien stuff so what did I see?


Firstly, I totally agree with all Arbitrageur has said here, and I would also like to add that:

While most of us take for granted that what we see is exactly what is happening in reality, that is not the case...

We perceive the world around us as solid - things we can touch and feel. In reality the atoms that make up everything that surrounds us are 99.999999% empty space, but we do not perceive this.

What we see is not reality, but our mind's interpretation of reality. That can make things a lot more complex than they seem. Things that seem strange can in some cases be due to the way our minds distort reality.

It's ironic that many "believers" are willing to believe something that there is no actual evidence for (alien visitation), but will often not believe what I have posted above, which is something that is very well documented by science.

Of course, this may not be the underlying reason for what you saw, but it does play a large part in many UFO cases.

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but if you check the following thread/s, I have posted lots of links and info/examples that support what I'm saying.

What on earth can make a high speed 90 degree turn?
Best Illusion 2010 - Impossible Motion...Very Cool (Video), page 1





Solid post and I totally agree. I'm going to check out the links you provided, that you very much for your time.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pupilstutor
If you see something for three seconds and it has lights and flies and you don't know what it is...Relax. It was not a life changing experience. You really don't know what it was so don't make a big deal out of it.


What are you stupid? LOL! What do you think I am going to do light myself on fire and run down the street screaming " The Aliens are here!"

I wanted to get some opinions on the matter from people who are familiar with this sort of thing. And I very much appreciate those who took the time to give me some different idea's to consider. If I "relax" anymore I will be sleeping.



posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Wow that is interesting. I suppose that it may have possibility been some sort of remote controlled helicopter with a bright light on it. What puzzles me is how bright it was and how fast it shot off.
Actually I was thinking more like an RC plane which can move faster than an RC helicopter and would explain shooting off at a higher speed better. And some people think planes can't hover, but aside from harriers which can, non-hovering planes sometimes appear to hover, sort of like this one does, for a while at least:

CAUTION: to all UFO videographers


This illustrates CHUD's point well, not everything is as it appears



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join