It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast dogs/cats?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
Ok this is probably nothing, but I want to put it out there with every other weird thing going on. I live in central North Carolina on Fort Bragg in military housing. My dog has lost her mind the last week or so and what I mean by that is she is so very ansy. She lays in the middle of the floor crying and barks for no reason. She paces the floor and has started "talking" just in the last week. She is also losing massive amounts of hair which she has NEVER done before. I also have an African Grey Parrot who is always happy to stay inside or on top of his cage, but the last few days he makes his way upstairs every morning to where I homeschool the kids. He never does that and we didn't even know he could climb the stairs and we have lived in this house for 3 years.

Now with all that said, I have to mention that for the last week they "army/airforce" have been flying nonstop over our house buzzing us and they have been firing artillery day and night. And I mean it sounds like it is going off in our backyard, rattles our house, and things are falling off my walls. It scared my 13 year old so bad one day he came running upstairs worried that we were being bombed. So I am wondering if maybe all this "activity" around us has my dog and possibly bird stressed out a little. There are no major fault zones around us and we are a good ways away from the New Madrid, so I don't think this could be in anyway affecting them. But I did want to put this out there and see if anyone else on the east coast is experiencing the same with their pets or if it's just isolated to my pets with all the military exercises going on. Thanks in advance. Watchdog

i live next to bragg and there are many cats and dogs in my neighborhood, some i come in contact with daily, all are acting normal as ever.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Theres apparently just been an explosion killing soldiers at Ft Bragg

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Yep that happened last night about 8pm local time. Not sure of the location, but you can find the article here

There wasn't a lot of info given about the accident last I checked other than them updating it with them being injured by the shrapnel. I hope they are going to be okay.

The article didn't say anything about them being killed though. In fact the article was very sparse with info about who they are and their conditions. Where did you hear that?

edit on 15-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Happy to report that my doggie is really quiet today compared to the last week. She is still in my every footstep, but even settled down for a nap with me this afternoon. She acts soooo tired today lol. She hasn't cried or whined once. And the military activity, ie planes and artillery firing, has subsided today. Thanks for all the responses.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
? Hmmmmm!
just maybe they are making a lot of noises to hide
some thing that they dont wont you to be aware off?
small earth quacks?
digging a tunnel?
what area are you?
check the local earth quack monitors.

from a duck!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Actually I just found via another post on here about an hour ago that NC did have an earthquake this morning, a 2.3. I checked the USGS and also found that we had one last night, a 2.1.

I live in central NC and these were around Asheville so about 3 hours to the west of me. I did not feel them. It's not unheard of to have EQ's here in NC, but definitely not with any regularity, so I will keep an eye on it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not sure if you were aware since I didn't see it listed in this thread but you guys had an earthquake just south of Ashville according to USGS. Animals certainly know these things so I think this is your answer!

link

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

dream: yep I was made aware of that about an hour ago. Thanks for updating it for me. That could have been it or all the military activity scaring her. Just so hard to tell since everything is so quiet around here today. In fact I havent seen or heard any activity today, NO planes, NO artillery firing, nothing. Kinda of creepy really especially considering I live just miles from Pope AFB and we are in their direct flight path. With that said though, I am glad for the reprieve today and I am sure my dog is too. She is just being lazy beside me on the floor.

Side note: I called my mom yesterday in Central Georgia to see if her dogs were acting funny. She called me back on my cell phone, but it wouldn't pick up the call and she ended up leaving me a voicemail which I didn't get until a little bit later because my phone didn't alert me. When it did, I tried to call my voicemail and then my mom and I couldn't get service anywhere and it kept saying "Network busy". On top of that I kept getting weird phone calls from a "spanish" automated system yesterday morning. Really weird. May not have anything to do with the earthquake, but thought I would throw that little info out there as well. Could have been due to the solar activity/flare as well I guess????
edit on 16-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

That's great news, she definitely sounds more relaxed. As has been said, animals can react to EQ's, but I'm sure it was due to the artillary fire now she's stopped acting so stressed.
Fingers crossed for you that the strange increase in military exercises has stopped.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My cats have been going bananas.

There are nights when they pace around the house, meowing (in a weird, gutteral sounding way), agitated, fluffy tails, the whole nine yards. They were like this last Thursday March 10.

The night before the Japan quake we had a big rain storm coming through, so I thought their behavior was odd, but chalked it up to weather. Woke up Friday morning to the news of 9.0.

They've done this before, so I take note. Just wish they could let me know what and where.....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry - forgot to say, I'm in northeastern Pennsylvania

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504
My cats have been going bananas.

There are nights when they pace around the house, meowing (in a weird, gutteral sounding way), agitated, fluffy tails, the whole nine yards. They were like this last Thursday March 10.

The night before the Japan quake we had a big rain storm coming through, so I thought their behavior was odd, but chalked it up to weather. Woke up Friday morning to the news of 9.0.

They've done this before, so I take note. Just wish they could let me know what and where.....

ns, my cats have been driving me out of my gourd. This past week. They act neurotic. Starting at about 4am sometimes 3am, they will start running around meowing. I am very afraid I am going to become quite ill from this sleep deprivation they are causing me. But it's like, they just farrrrrreak out, if they find I am sleeping too deeply. It's as if they think something terrible will happen to them if mommy is not 'here', up and about. It makes me afraid of my own impulse control, like I might get so upset, I might put them outside. (They never are outside, I live in a large highrise.) They would perish, if I did that. God help me.

I don't want to indicate where I live, I will just say, I reside by the state of Iowa. And have nothing to do with military bases.
edit on 16-3-2011 by simone50m because: ad text.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Yup, sounds like what is happening here. They alternate between bonkers and super clingy, like they can't get close enough to me. And they hunker down in my lap with a look of nervous...if you have cats you know this look. And I take note when I see it.

We'll see

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Poor kitty's. I hope they settle down for you guys. My doggie was feeling much better yesterday and slept or laid around being lazy most of the day. Today she was a little more ansy, but it seemed like she just wanted to play since she caught up on her rest yesterday. It will be interesting to see how our dogs/cats differ or exhibit the same sort of "emotions" in the next few days, weeks, months as things progress or slow down with everything going on beneath us. Keep us updated as I will do the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
NYC reporting here. I was thinking about starting a similar thread. Out cat has been completely crazy this past week. He is doing something he never did before - he burrows under blankets and sheets. In fact, he just burrowed under the blanket on the couch and started meowing. He never meows unless I am walking with his food dish.

He has also been jumping into high places - shelves, the top of the fridge, windows. Sitting in warm places such as the radiator.

I am inclined to think he has a cold and like the warmth of the high places, radiators and under blankets. Let's hope that is all it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ok, my dog has been restless again today. I observed her all day to see if she was just wanting attention and to be playful, but we spent lots of time playing with her today and just sitting in the floor loving on her and rubbing her belly and she is back to pacing the floor again and wimpering up and down the hallway and stairs. No military activity at all today. She has been drinking her regular amount of water everyday, but we haven't had to fill up her food bowl in 2 days and she is turning her nose up at her "treats". She is a golden retriever mix and a little over a year old just for a point of reference. Oh and she has been "fixed" so it isn't due to her heat cycle. And she has decided she HAS to be in the same room with us or where she can at least see us wherever we are. If you close the door she barks and cries and gets louder until you open it for her. If we (humans) are in separate rooms, she still wants all the doors open. Usually she is just happy to lay by the front door or in the hallway while you do whatever. My husband is deployed and while talking to him this morning on the phone she was going beserk, he heard her crying, barking, and trying to "talk" and he said "That's not like her at all, is she okay?" Really wish I knew what was wrong with her.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
my fish are acting alot more intelligent. my nieghbors dog doesnt even loook at me when i pass tho.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tomatosoupandbread

Ha Ha. There's always gotta be one in the group.
2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
reply to post by watchdog

I used to have a dalmatian and we made about a 5 hour move out of where we were living. He HATED car rides but obviously there was no other way to get him to the new place...I kid you not, he had MASSIVE bald patches all over his body from just one car ride alone.

I would imagine hearing all of that is stressing your dog out quite a bit and she probably has no idea what to think so it's not at all unreasonable for her to be "talking" whimpering, cowering, and losing her hair. Strange things scare dogs. My dog has audible farts and when he farts himself awake he'll high tail it to the opposite side of the room and act like the roof is falling in

Oh man, your last sentence about your dog really cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!

To the OP, I guess you'll have to watch and wait to see if anything else in your immediate environment might also be causing them to act strangely.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I live in the north east.... my dogs seem fine. But I have noticed over the past month of barking suddenly at things that hear, that arent there. Way more then normal. Giving me a headache..lol

otherwise, they eat/play/sleep normally.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join