It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More BEKs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is a second hand story from my wife that happened while while I was at work.

Yesterday, while I was at work, I work night shift 6pm till 6am, I got a phone call from my wife. She said something weird had just happened. Granted, like I said, i was at work so I have no pics or any evidence other than my wife.

She heard a noise outside on our covered front porch. She said it sounded like the screen door opened but there was no knock on our front door. It has been fairly windy the past few days so she thought it was merely the wind catching the storm door. When she opened the door she was surprised to see two kids standing back from the front door about 3 feet. They just stood there silently and looked at her. She asked them if she could help them and they just stood there for a minute and then one said is there anything we can we come inside and help you with? She replied no I don't think so but thank you anyway. I asked her how old they were and she said the one that spoke looked to be about 11 or 12 and the smaller one looked about 6. It was right around 6:15 pm when this occurred so it was just before the sun started to set. I live in the country in a small town in Kentucky, so it could have been just some wandering kids but even that is odd for kids that young to be out and about right before dark here. I live on several acres of land and directly behind my house sits nothing but woods. Here is what sounded strange to me. When my wife said she didn't need any help, the older of the two asked the same question again, and wife my said no I think you boys should be getting home. They just turned around and started to walk behind the house into the woods. My wife walked outside to the edge of the porch and asked where they were going and said there is nothing back there so the kids just turned around and walked up my driveway and back up the road towards town.

I chalk that up to young kids out fooling about but my wife says to me, the weirdest thing is they way they looked at me.....their eyes were all black, both of them. She did call the local police department which is about a quarter mile up the road to let them know there were two young children out walking about at dark.

The whole situation sounds strange. I myself have never had an experience with any BEKs but I guess that anything is possible. My wife is about the most skeptical person I have met but felt uncomfortable in the situation.

Figured I would throw this out here for all to hear and speculate on.

Godspeed

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

What is a BEK?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry what is a BEK?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Black-Eyed-Kid

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Basically an urban myth standing for Black Eyed Kids or children.

sanctuaryforall.wikispaces.com...

Here is a link giving some background.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
and i thought it was glen bek ....i was terrified there for a second....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
nope...just a strange occurrence that happened to my wife while I was at work.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the experience. I'm completely puzzled by the BEK phenomena. Strange that the kids would stand there mute and then only parrot back what your wife asked them. If they were two kids just trying to be annoying I'd think they'd come up with a better plan than that.

I think it's even weirder considering the country setting. I'm a city girl and live where there are random people wandering all the time. To be honest I would have never opened the door just based on conditioning in regards to my environment but I think it interesting that these black eyed people are always children and never adults, as if who / what ever they are know the guard will be lowered by whoever answers the door.

Did your wife feel a sense of foreboding or dread like others report with BEK's or did she just feel concern for them? Was it cold?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Well she didn't even think about there being anyone outside because of no knock on the door. The weather has been windy,cooler and damp...have had alot of rain the past week and temps around low to mid 40's. I could tell from the way she told the story to me I think at first it was mainly concern that there were two younger kids standing on our porch with no adult, we have an 8 and a 3 year old daughters and my wife is definitely a typical mom looking after any kids in her immediate area. It was when they repeated the question and she noticed the eyes she started to feel uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That reminded me of the black oil from the X files - creepy

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know what I'm about to say will seem crazy to some, or all, but here goes..

I was reading someone else's post on here about millions of Chinese people seeing a news broadcast about Obama supposedly making a speech this year about admitting the existence of extra terrestrials already living among us(I'm not sure of the validity or credibility of the post or poster, but bear with me).. now I'm reading things about the Black-Eyed-Kids(which I never heard of until today). When you see a picture of what they would look like(at least the eyes), it kind of looks like what humans perceive as an alien. The B-E-Ks also seem to act suspiciously, almost secretive, which is how one might suspect an extra-terrestrial in disguise to act.

Just a weird thing that occurred to me.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsMike

Its definitely a thought. I can at least entertain the idea. The mysterious of this earth and universe are ever expanding and it's small stories like this one that scare the s*** out of the mind. My wife hasn't put to much thought to it other than a creepy experience, myself on the other hand has tried to re evaluate the scenario several times trying to come up with a rational explanation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Don't mean to change topics in this thread or anything, but do BEK's cause any sort of mishap other than their blank stare?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

Well from what I have been reading up about them, there is a feeling of dread or something unsettling. They seem to have the whole vampire-esk myths as well with the whole asking to come in. From there on out it seems to be speculation of some evil or mysterious acts once allowed in.

I still find all of this hard to swallow, but the wife on the other hand still says the weirdest part was the eyes. Like I said earlier, her first concerns were two kids out at dusk by their selves with no adult. Then once she seen no white in the eyes of either kid...sorta freaked her out a bit to say the least.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Thanks.

Anyways, I would tell your wife to keep a lookout of these kids if she sees them around town or something. Maybe have a camera handy for the next time they're there?

At least no one got hurt

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
To be honest I hope there isn't a second time, at least while im at work. I'd rather be home to deal with it than just my wife and two daughters.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Thanks for the story, very strange!

I have read a few posts by members about BEKs, and on one occasion when I was reading about them on ATS, something very strange happened to my computer.

Basically, I was indulging in posts from others about their own experiences of BEKs, and at the time I new nothing about them, so decided to go on Wikipedia to get a quick overview. So I was sat there, scrolling and reading for about 20 seconds, when my computer made the strangest noise, it was like a voice - "aaahhhhhhhh" but in a whisper sort of tone, quite loud too. I suddenly closed the page and shut the screen, I think a bit of wee came out

Another think that I found weird about this was the fact that my sound was muted at the time, so there should have been no sound coming out of my computer speakers.

I have only revisited the wiki page once since, but nothing happened. I really don't know what it was or why it happened, but it was very strange.

new topics

top topics

join