It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo Evac + Market Crash Crisis Potentials Unfolding.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ya, the truth will err or is revealing itself as time goes on, all the lies are being tarnished, from the Death toll, to the Radiative disaster, that went from safe and minor, to biblical. The latest lie at the moment, is the markets will be fine. Or the economy will do just fine. etc. etc.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I know this will end bad..

Let's not forget the fact that it appeared to me that the tsunami wiped out an awful lot of Japanese farmland and fishing grounds. Hunger is already becoming a major issue in Japan right now, and they will have to rely upon a great deal of imports for at least the short term. World food supplies are in crisis and prices have already been on an incredible rise. This event is going to push prices even higher and supplies even lower, and risk sending many countries who are already teetering, towards full-scale food riots (India, North Africa, etc.)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I know, already China is ready to take over the car market if Japan disaster will render unable to keep up, sad, China now is the biggest economy in the world surpassing US in manufacturing.

Disasters are unpredictable, but when a government in a nation in order to avoid panic on an already panicked population lies about the realities of the dangers in the nation with the nuclear disaster is just to me unforgivable.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by rancher1

Ususally is a big sell out before the crash comes around, remember that this happen before the last market crash.

Japan nuclear melt over is very serious, been one of the top largest economies rigth now is bound to hit every nation link to them including US very heavily.

Yeah, what went from the markets anticipating major and massive reconstruction and capital investment in Japan, turns into, at best, a massive delay in any projects getting underway, and at worst, huge swaths of land possibly being abandoned and sealed off (not unlike what happened after Chernobyl.)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I know, we may hear more about the real truth of Japan nuclear situation as the days goes by, those reactors explosions are daily and they can not be hidden from the rest of the world with satellites all over watching.

edit on 15-3-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

ya. This is true. Its a lil scary, but we been talking about scary stuff like this to happen for years now, hopefully when all the pieces settle we find better ways in the way of life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

ya. This is true. Its a lil scary, but we been talking about scary stuff like this to happen for years now, hopefully when all the pieces settle we find better ways in the way of life.

For everyone who has tried, even in a small way, to be "prepared," I hope that this unfortunate series of events can boost the resolve for those of us who try to be ready to survive when modern civilization shuts down (no matter how briefly) and puts our own personal detractors and naysayers at bay.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All countries who can enact an emergency refugee border policy for Japan. Australia would be relatively safe from the Radiation fallout. We have plenty of room in Western Australia for people who want to work hard an make a new start. The operative word here will be compassion for our fellow man.

For those who would argue sustainability this is a valid point. A standard interest free loan would be applied to each relocation of Family to be replayed through Taxes once employed therefore helping to sustain the new relocation's.
Benefits to the country increased skills, intellect trade, jobs culture.

Sure there would be hard work ahead. however this would totally be doable. Again I am not suggesting a handout these Visas and relocation funds would be re-payed through a salary sacrifice scheme to ensure resources are available for the next Wave of people. Most city based Australians do not realize just how much land we have.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I hope I got the link right but this info is important because if this guy is right we have until about July until it all comes unglued. Japan being off the economic grid is a very bad situation

edit on 11-4-2011 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Math has never been my strong suit, and I imagine there are others that could do a much better job, so the question is, is it even possible to evacuate Tokyo in a reasonable period of time? I did a quick overview and this is what I noticed. Perhaps someone could determine exactly how many aircraft could be available, and how many ships, along with possible fuel, and locations. Exactly how many people an hour could be reasonably be evacuated? My quickie math on it is below; most likely it is flawed, but just an overview.
If you could load a plane with 200 people and if you could depart every 15 minutes; And if you could do so from 20 different airports you could evacuate 16,000 people an hour. (Provided they could reach the airports easily). That would be 29 million + people in 78 days. (To include surrounding areas)
That is 384,000 people every 24 hours. It would take 78 days to evacuate Tokyo and surrounding areas. Not all of those airports are in proximity for Tokyo. So lets send some people by ship. If it takes a ship an hour to dock, set up, re-fuel, and leave, you would need more harbors than are available. The cost is probably not possible to determine. The only way off the Island of Japan is by either air or water. There are not enough ports and airfields, nor aircraft able to engage such an undertaking. They would not have nearly enough fuel on hand for the aircraft, or ships, and there is probably not enough onboard food and water.
You cannot logistically remove its population in any reasonable period of time. Even if you could, the effect on world the economy would be devastating, and the problem of where they would go remains. The Japanese are a proud culture, and like many others, a lot of them would not be willing to simply give up their culture and life to a different country. I doubt they wish to be assimilated.
The cost of leaving Japan individually seems to be gouged and very high. If that has recently changed, then any one with the means and desire to do so should leave as soon as possible. This does not appear to be a winning scenario.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join