It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokyo Evac + Market Crash Crisis Potentials Unfolding.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I don't think members on this forum in New Zealand or many other locations need to panic about nuclear fall out , so lets keep it rational ! Yes the markets will be interesting to watch , I don't feel sorry for anyone who gambles in these markets.However yes it could have a huge detrimental effect on the economy .How it effects peoples day to day lives could be quite severe as well as their reactions .

Correct, there is almost zero chance of fallout reaching NZ. That's quite obvious.

However, there is a grave chance that the global market meltdowns could hit NZ pretty hard, considering that you folks are still picking up the pieces from the recent large EQ in Christchurch.

We need to hope and pray that Tokyo stays safe and evacs are not necessary.

If you don't believe in any Gods, please invent one now and start praying to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Consider that if Tokyo is to be evacuated, that means many other cities between Tokyo and the reactor (and surrounding areas around the reactor) will have to be evacuated.

This could end up being damn near half of Japan's 127million population.

There is no way that all those people could continue to live in Japan - there simply aren't enough living spaces elsewhere around the islands to hold that kind of population displacement.

Where they would go is anybodies guess.

The cost in fuel alone to move all those people would be enormous.

Don't forget - Tokyo would lose almost ALL of it's real estate value. Billionaires would lose everything - and this would have a HUGE effect on the global economy.

This is going to change the world as we know it. This is sort of a "The End of the World As We Know It" moments.

Yes exactly. It's major and unprecedented.

Evac of half of Honshu is just unimaginable. I am amazed we are discussing that today. Just the fact this discussion Exists is amazing and just unbelievable.

Who would have expected this 2 weeks ago? I mean really...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

muzzle thanks for the reply as you well know the outcome of this will be severe and aligning people to think outside of t.v. is the problem, however I through many experiences and trials may be able to pull it together to help here locally. I have already formed a connection regarding proper gear and immediate supplies plus responding by each one have a duty to do within , anyways I am struggling with the magnitude of this and so fast as it hit us I was thinking more nwo 2012 crap they would pull but, I have to say my intuition knew better.I am going to try !

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

And here's the deal: This couldn't have come at a worse time for the global economy.

Every one is struggling to keep their heads above water, economically speaking. And if Japan, with the worlds 3rd largest GDP (just recently got surpassed by China), suddenly falls into a major economic depression, then we ain't seen nothing yet.

Thanks for making me ponder the economic tsunami before i go to sleep.

edit on 15-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Not a problem. I hope those in Japan are realizing that this can only get worse. I hate to even say that,but seeing the effects of Chernobyl,and seeing the effects on a tiny Island,is comparable.Whats not comparable is getting off the Island.They still are not even close,in rescue efforts. Those affected by the tsunami and followup nuclear accident,have been moved to places like Tokyo! It is like the carnage is following them. I would hope the world leaders are not dropping the ball on this,and have at least spoken to their Japanese counterparts,and requested a contingency plan to remove those on the island. A cloud of radiation could easily engulf half of Japan. It is not out of the realm of possibility. If you would have asked me if any of this was possible last week,I would have told you yes,but highly unlikely.

Chernobyl fall out

More than two decades after the world's worst nuclear accident, thousands of youngsters are still being brought to the UK each year.

Born up to 15 years after the event, they spend a month recuperating with volunteer families from the Chernobyl Children Life Line.

Experts argue in landmark studies that, apart from the small contaminated zone around ground zero, the region today is safe.

But for charity founder Victor Mizzi, who personally greets almost every flight, there is no question that Chernobyl is an ongoing tragedy.

"The situation is just as bad now with cancer and leukemia as it was in 1986," claims Mizzi, who has brought more than 46,000 children from affected areas to Britain.

Chernobyl Fallout Continues

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Australian uranium companies took a battering for the second straight day on Tuesday, as the fallout continued over the Japanese earthquake and its damage to a nuclear power plant.

Friday's 9.0 magnitude earthquake has caused several explosions at the Fukushima nuclear plant, leaving workers scrambling to prevent meltdowns while struggling with rising radiation levels.

The disaster has shaken confidence in the nuclear power industry, and sparked a global sell-off of uranium stocks.

Australia, as the world's third largest uranium producer, was particularly hard-hit. Shares in Energy Resources of Australia, (ASX:ERA) which produces around 10% of global primary supply, slumped over 10.55% by 2:30pm on Tuesday.

This is on top of a 12.23% decline from the previous day.

Paladin Energy fell by a wider 13.42% (ASXPDN), after a 16.5% decline on Monday. The shares, which were worth $5.000 just last week, fell to $3.420 on Tuesday.

Uranium stocks crash for second day from Japan crisis

Going to get worse,before it gets better.

edit on 15-3-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
If an N-95 mask can filter out a virus like H1N1, it should provide relatively cheap protection againstthe far larger radioactive particulate matter in the air.

"far larger"?! that seems anti-intuitive to me. perhaps radioactive "dust" is larger than atomic radii. IDK. but, nevertheless.....

Viruses are usually much smaller than bacteria and are submicroscopic (def). Most range in size from 5 to 300 nanometers (nm)

size and shape...

What is the diameter of an uranium atom? Uranium:- Atomic radius 175 pm

wikianswers

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's a great post. I remember watching a show where they visited Prypiat and after a little while the guide was like "Okay, we have-get out of here now. Not good-stay long".

I take it a meltdown is much worse than bombs being dropped as far as residual radiation goes?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
maybe ya'll didn't see my thread
but Russia has offered to settle some Japanese
per my ATS thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I totally missed your thread.......going to take a gander at it!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I would think that the difference is in what type of radiation,and what type of fall out. I am not to sure,but both have to be bad for you..........A hanging cloud of it,landing in particles.................

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

No Russia did not offer the Japanese to come to Russia, Zhirinovsky did. Ask any Russian and they will tell you the guy is a walking-talking moron. He is full of hot air. Just a few years ago he proposed nuking Japan now he wants to relocate them all to Russia? Yeah right...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
and to be quit honest, I was surprised
muzzle flash created this thread after
his comments on my thread.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
And I seriously doubt the Japanese will flee their homeland of thousands of years over a quake.
Not gonna happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no offense muzzle flash just trying to figure out
how we changed our minds so fast

well I am all for evacuating Japan if it helps saves lives.
But this task will be the largest human displacement
in world history. How does one go about the plans
for such an event ???

And I will agree that if the Japan Prime Minister
does not evacuate Tokyo and thousands die
there, he will lose face in the eyes of the public.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Still,even a gesture from a Moron,could pave the way to something very special. My faith in Humanity,still, is being held by a thread.

Time for some prayers,and much needed rest......... Goodnight.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

No Russia did not offer the Japanese to come to Russia, Zhirinovsky did.

pure semantics brother,
it was a figure of speech

not to be taken literally as
ALL of Russia has extended
the invitation. Sorry for the
confusion

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

LOL! Well I have slept on it since I posted that. And I do change my mind alot.

But, even if evacs are ordered in parts Honshu, it's doubtful that many of them would willingly flee.

They are quite proud and stubborn as are all of us.

I admit it's a confusing situation and there are many conflicting ideas simultaneously erupting.

However thank you for posting that thread because it aided my mind in coming to the conclusions I am having at the current moments.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ok, let's do some number crunching here

127Million using 1,000 ships each carrying
500 Passengers would take 4,887 days
to evacuate. 4,887 divided by 365 days in a yr
gives an exodus taking 13.3 yrs to complete.

Given that number will decrease dramatically
by folks not taken off the island first will suffer
radiation sickness and die. Fatality rate at about
7% or more each yr leaves almost 9 Million
dead each yr waiting for a transport. Worst case
scenario of course.

If some people do decide to stay and face the music,
it greatly increases the exodus time of those
wanting to leave. I suspect not all Japanese will
want to leave their homeland and would rather die
there.

Given the number of exiles is reduced by 1/3
then we're still looking at an exodus taking
almost 10 yrs to complete using 1,000 transport
ships.

just a fast workable theory or hypothesis.

and that is just addressing the transport issue alone
and only by boat or ship.

if you add in using commercial aircraft.

A Boeing 757 can carry app 250 passengers.
let's say half of the populace exits by ship and half exits
by plane. This leaves 63.5 Million to exit by plane.
If 100 planes flew out of Japan daily with 250 passengers
each, that is only 25,000 a day.

63.5 Million divided by 25,000 = 2,540 days
2,540 days divided by 365 in a yr = 6.95 yrs
Almost 7 years to complete if half left
by plane and half by boat using 1000 ships
and 100 commercial jets.

Estimated costs of mass exodus:
2.5 Million per day for both planes and ships.
7 yrs times 365 days a yr. = 2,555 days
2,555 times 2.5 Million
u ready for this ???

$6.38 Trillion to evacuate Japan
approximate figure without knowing the unknowns
and this only includes transportation, not
food or housing.

add in food for 127Million
$20 a day cost per person
$2.54 Trillion a day
$2.54Trillion times 2,555 days (7yrs) =
$6.48 ZILLION

total cost of food and transportation for this project.
$6.5 Zillion over 7 yrs

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I don't think members on this forum in New Zealand or many other locations need to panic about nuclear fall out , so lets keep it rational ! Yes the markets will be interesting to watch , I don't feel sorry for anyone who gambles in these markets.However yes it could have a huge detrimental effect on the economy .How it effects peoples day to day lives could be quite severe as well as their reactions .

Correct, there is almost zero chance of fallout reaching NZ. That's quite obvious.

However, there is a grave chance that the global market meltdowns could hit NZ pretty hard, considering that you folks are still picking up the pieces from the recent large EQ in Christchurch.

We need to hope and pray that Tokyo stays safe and evacs are not necessary.

If you don't believe in any Gods, please invent one now and start praying to it.
:

Muzzle I am not in New Zealand friend ,you misunderstand my remark .I am pointing out the fact that there are thousands of places on this earth that will not be effected by radioactive fall out from this , I am trying to put things in perspective .The way you speak it sounds like it is comming for every man,woman and child .Agreed economics are different ball game and where it stops nobody knows

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Interesting calculations, lol. Zillions hmm...

Well we wouldn't need to evacuate everyone, it depends on the radius around the meltdown locations and we simply don't have accurate estimates or numbers yet to make a call there yet.

But let's say it's a hundred or so miles, that would call for evac of only like 45-55 mil, so we can cut the estimates down by 3 already there.

Also we won't need boats or planes for this since we don't have to leave Honshu 100%, but can simply relocate to other sections of the island. So we can again cut costs exponentially by using trains/buses/cars etc.
So divide by those factors.

I would have to estimate a cost at around 5 trillion and 25 trillion. This is a wide range but I have confidence it is fairly realistic and takes into accounts all types of expenditures that you brought up, including clothing/food costs, toiletries,etc etc.

5 trillion would be the lowest possible number, I don't see any way to accomplish this with less than that. And we are talking only 40million some of them just walking down the road exposed + all available transport. We don't have 9 years so we have to do this within 2-4weeks tops.

So really a 15 trillion price tag is what I would see as the middle ground.

I had to divide your calculations several times.

Also feel free to divide or multiply mine based on any additional factors you want to throw in.

It's a neat mental exercise and I thank you for deciding to look at this in a fiscal and realistic manner by calculating costs of various procedures to try and formulate an estimate.

Whatever the price will turn out to actually be, IF we even need to take that route (we don't know yet it all depends on the radiation hazards the upcoming weeks); it's going to become the most expensive operation ever historically for the human race.

It will out-cost the entire bank bailout extravaganza over the last few years. It will cost like 5 or 10 times the value of the bank bailouts.

Nuts!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Check out the fallout projections based on the Chernobyl event. It was gaged at covering like 1/3rd or 1/4th the entire surface of the planet.

Do you really want to live on a planet that's 1/3rd or 1/4th totally irradiated or polluted in some dangerous fashion?

Just because you are in the small sections of Earth not affected right away, you better get the idea outta your head right now that you are safe or will remain unaffected directly.

All of us hundreds of millions of refugees from the contaminated zones will come running to YOUR neighborhood to find refuge. And we will be distraught lost people, and we all know that such communities devolve into lawlessness rather easily and quickly.

The battle over these last resources would become desperate.

Nothing on this planet is completely independent of everything else or autonomous. Everything is interconnected and co-dependent. We call that the ecosystems or biomes. When one collapses, they all suffer and have to adapt/compensate or collapse themselves.
edit on 15-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join