It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I found interesting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is short, but noteworthy.

Chilean earthquake shortens day, affects Earth’s axis

blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

Matthew 24:22

"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."

Just another reminder to wake up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Doesn't make much of a difference.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

What doesn't?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techyo

What doesn't?

1.26 microseconds

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What doesn't?

1.26 microseconds

Tell that to God

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
agree...barely noticed the time difference

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMouse
agree...barely noticed the time difference

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

"Barely?" - What sort of super powers do you have to barely notice 1.26 micro seconds?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I should also add, this wasn't the first earthquake to shorten days...read the whole article.

"These numbers compare with the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake, which is estimated to have shifted Earth’s axis by 2.76 inches and shortened the day by 6.8 microseconds."

I don't see why we won't have more earthquakes to shorten the days until the end.

The solar system is Gods gears to his clock.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Techyo

I'd like to make an observation about what is meant by "shortening of the days".
It has nothing to do with the length of the individual day; there's no reason why that should have the effect of making it easier for people to survive.

"Those days" is a colloquial expression meaning "that period of time". "Those days will be shortened" means that the period of crisis will be shorter than it might have been; eight months, for example, instead of nine. And the fact that the time of crisis is reduced in length is what makes it possible for people to survive it.

edit on 14-3-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Japan quacke shortened the day too :
www.voanews.com...

Thank god , we are all saved !

Edit: Actualy , it moved the a whole island for about 2.4m :
www.worldnewsco.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by someonesaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Techyo

I'd like to make an observation about what is meant by "shortening of the days".
It has nothing to do with the length of the individual day; there's no reason why that should have the effect of making it easier for people to survive.

"Those days" is a colloquial expression meaning "that period of time". "Those days will be shortened" means that the period of crisis will be shorter than it might have been; eight months, for example, instead of nine. And the fact that the time of crisis is reduced in length is what makes it possible for people to survive it.

"It has nothing to do with the length of the individual day; there's no reason why that should have the effect of making it easier for people to survive."

You honestly don't believe that shortening the days wouldn't have an affect on EVERYTHING?

Even if it was shortened by 10 minutes none of us would really notice. This is God we are talking about, EVERYTHING matters.

It isn't to make it EASIER for people to survive, but yet to precisely bring in Gods plan as it was planned from the beginning.

If you believe God doesn't work in precision beyond our imagination, than you wouldn't exist.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It isn't to make it EASIER for people to survive, but yet to precisely bring in Gods plan as it was planned from the beginning.

The shortening is "for the sake of the elect". Reducing the length of the individual day does absolutely nothing for the elect.

If you're trying to interpret scripture, you need to go by what the words meant at the time they were written.
At thie time this passage was written, the Greek phrase "those days" meant a period of time.
Don't just take my word for it; look in any standard commentary. I have in front of me the Tyndale commentary (R.T. France), which paraphrases this verse as; "the destruction will not be allowed to run its full course".

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

The shortening is "for the sake of the elect". Reducing the length of the individual day does absolutely nothing for the elect.

If you're trying to interpret scripture, you need to go by what the words meant at the time they were written.
At thie time this passage was written, the Greek phrase "those days" meant a period of time.
Don't just take my word for it; look in any standard commentary. I have in front of me the Tyndale commentary (Matthew France), which paraphrases this verse as; "the destruction will not be allowed to run its full course".

Now that I think about it...The elect do have their days shortened by 1,260, if I remember correctly.

Just an interesting coincidence that the days are literally being shortened in the end days as well...

Revelation 12:6

"The woman(bride of christ/144000) fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days."

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Techyo

If the Chilean earthquake and the Japan earthquake shortened the days...this could be just the beginning. Maybe other things will come to pass to shorten the days to come. In Gods wisdom it will happen gradually for our bodies to adjust. Maybe?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

My previous post I believe is the answer. I over-looked it after I watched a video hearing an earthquake shortened the days here on earth.

I came to the understanding now...

"Matthew 24:22

"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."

It's saying no would survive because God wouldn't have an army to come back for armegaddon. So the days for the elect must be shortended to save all.

This army(144000) will be kept away for 1,260 days when Satan comes down knowing his time is short.

I apologize for jumping on this idea so quick.

It is still interesting that each individual day is being shortened as well....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

i was agreeing with PoorFool...i was being sarcastic. Who would notice 1.26 microsecond time difference? I certainly haven't

edit on 15/3/2011 by DaMouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join