It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Can Atheist , Muslims , Jews , Hindu's, Buddhist, Satanist an Agnostic Join the Free Masons ? Or is it a Christian only club ? Please help me out here , I've always heard it was a Christian only organization ,Is this True ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Can Atheist , Muslims , Jews , Hindu's, Buddhist, Satanist an Agnostic Join the Free Masons ? Or is it a Christian only club ? Please help me out here , I've always heard it was a Christian only organization ,Is this True ?

False

all religions are accepted...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

It's stated that you must have a God, any God, but only one God as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

you must believe in a supreme being. but I personally assume that the ones who believe in some thing that it doesn't condemn other beliefs are allowed to promote to higher mason levels.

regards .

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fragile Earth?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
From albert pikes "morals and dogma":

"The Holy Bible, Square, and Compasses, are not only styled the Great Lights in Masonry, but they are also technically called the Furniture of the Lodge; and, as you have seen, it is held that there is no Lodge without them. This has sometimes been made a pretext for excluding Jews from our Lodges, because they cannot regard the New Testament as a holy book. The Bible is an indispensable part of the furniture of a Christian Lodge, only because it is the sacred book of the Christian religion. The Hebrew Pentateuch in a Hebrew Lodge, and the Koran in a Mohammedan one, belong on the Altar; and one of these, and the Square and Compass, properly understood, are the Great Lights by which a Mason must walk and work."
edit on 14-3-2011 by molecularstranding because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 15-3-2011 by xpert11 because: External Source Tags

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Atheist? No.
Muslim? Yes.
Jews? Yes.
Hindu? Yes.
Buddhist? Yes, but there might be some caveats there...
Satanist? Probably not. Depends on the flavor. Theistic Satanists probably could join (not sure why they'd want to), but LaVeyan or Church of Satan is an atheistic system, so no.
Agnostic? No.
edit on 2011.3.14 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011.3.14 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by prolific

I don't believe there is a definition as to how many God's you have to believe in. As far as I know, a Hindu can be a Mason (Polytheistic)

An Atheist or Agnostic cannot. A Deist can. And nearly every major religion minus "spirituality" or religions where one believes themselves to be God.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Freemasons are ardent believers of bible. It is written in their textbooks. And you must believe in religious dogmas of existence of an supreme being to become a Freemason. Religious fanatics are perfect candidates for initiating into freemasonry, as they can be easily manipulated and brainwashed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db2c4d2002ce.jpg[/atsimg]

Source.

If you want to join freemasonry for charity, I can assure you they do not engage wholeheartedly in charity. Freemasons only donate money to other charities, and that only when they desire. Freemasons never set their foot on the field and directly help the poor, by providing them food, shelter, medicines etc.

I can't think of any reason, as to why you would like to get yourself acquainted with moral values in bible, that Freemasons teach. You must have attended enough classes of moral science in your school days. You very well know about morality and ethics.

edit on 15/3/11 by vinay86 because: Content.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Freemasons are ardent believers of bible.

I'm not actually speaking to you so save your breath, but for anyone wanting to know about the Bible:

The Bible is a holy text used as an allegory to protrait the message of Masonry. The real reason the Bible was used and not another holy script is that it is most prevalent .. there are more Christians in the World than any other faith, and in 16-1700 Europe, Christianity was absolute.

Masonry follows the enlightened ideology of free religion, while the Bible is used as the main text, another can easily be substituted. For instance if you're Jewish, you can have the Torah on the Alter during your ceremony. Muslim? Have the Koran. Etc etc. Some lodges actually have a copy of the 3 major monotheistic religions works on their alters, or at the very least nearby.

When you go through the Scottish Rite you are advised that the scenes are based on the Bible, but not in a religious purpose, only for the allegorical one -- one which nearly everyone would understand since the vast majority of Masons are Christian.

Religious fanatics are perfect candidates for initiating into freemasonry, as they can be easily manipulated and brainwashed.

A fanatic would be a poor Mason, or someone who feels the need to press their religion onto others -- religion is a forbidden topic in Masonry even though we use it to convey a message. Religion and politics -- forbidden.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Freemasons believe in what book their faith dictates. Many Lodges do have a Holy Bible on their altar, some have mulitple, and some have either the Koran or the Torah. Fanaticism is something not tolerated in Freemasonry, it can be said that fanaticism is one of the 3 enemies of Freemasonry. Freemasonry actually teaches moderation, temperance, and prudence to the candidates, and that they should ever exercise these in their lives outside the Lodge.

You cannot "wholeheartedly" assure anything as you are not a member. Freemasonry spends over a $1-million dollars a day on charities and I'm sure the recipients of the Masonic charity would beg to differ from your allegations. Freemasons have their own charities that they run, but they do donate to research and charity organizations. Actually my Lodge does help the poor directly by giving food during the Holiday seasons. We also donate food to homeless shelters. This has been explained to you in the past several times and yet you continue to lie. For shame!

Like I've said elsewhere, Freemasons teach charity, truth, compassion, temperance, moderation, and being just. The many moral values taught in Freemasonry are good.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The Freemasonic Grand Lodges in amity with UGLE, such as the vast majority of those in the U.S., stipulate belief in a supreme being as a prerequisite of joining. So almost any of the adherents of any religion are in principle acceptable.

The great rival to UGLE, continental Freemasonry typified by the GOdF, allow atheists to join, and by implication, agnostics. No religious absolutism there. You'll note that for all the masons who have posted in this thread the GOdF doesn't seem to exist (as well as for those opposing the institution), although they are one of the oldest masonic organisations in the world- and one with a grand history - as they are almost certainly members of lodges in amity with UGLE, as the majority of Freemasonry in the U.K. and the U.S. is, I believe.

edit on 15/3/11 by Extant Taxon because: Typos.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
If you want to join freemasonry for charity, I can assure you they do not engage wholeheartedly in charity. Freemasons only donate money to other charities, and that only when they desire. Freemasons never set their foot on the field and directly help the poor, by providing them food, shelter, medicines etc.

Stop lying. In your hysterical rant about Indian Masons you accused them of not helping the poor. I provided links which showed that they have adopted whole villages and directly help them with food, clothing, education, etc.

Your irrational fixation with Masons has now evolved to the point where you routinely make perfidious statements whilst ignoring evidence to the contrary. The delusional tact that you have set yourself upon is readily apparent to any who have read your specious posts and the subsequent rebuttals which completely disprove them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE...

Good. This is a good time to remind you all that ATS is first and foremost a conspiracy site and that speculation -- no matter how outrageous -- plays an important role in that.

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Good. This is a good time to remind you all that ATS is first and foremost a conspiracy site and that speculation -- no matter how outrageous -- plays an important role in that.
Likewise, the motto of this site is Deny Ignorance, and that's what many members here try to do in every post they make. Sometimes that involves stomping on the outrageous speculation because that's what it is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Ah, but intelligent discourse can be had in a civil manner.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Can Atheist

No they are not welcome, all religions are welcome and everyone gets along so nobody wants that screwed up

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extant Taxon

The great rival to UGLE, continental Freemasonry typified by the GOdF, allow atheists to join, and by implication, agnostics. No religious absolutism there. You'll note that for all the masons who have posted in this thread the GOdF doesn't seem to exist (as well as for those opposing the institution), although they are one of the oldest masonic organisations in the world- and one with a grand history - as they are almost certainly members of lodges in amity with UGLE, as the majority of Freemasonry in the U.K. and the U.S. is, I believe.
]

The Grand Orient of France is not orthodox Freemasonry, so it is not usually considered as being a type of Freemasonry that accepts atheists, such thing being an oxymoron.

And while it is true that the Grand Orient is, historically, one of the oldest Masonic institutions in the world, it is also true that it was the traditional Grand Orient Masons who broke off from that body when it began allowing innovations, and formed the National Grand Lodge of France. Therefore, the National Grand Lodge of France can be seen as the true historic and legitimate Grand Orient, with the organization calling itself "Grand Orient of France" of modern mind and mentality, out of step with pure ancient Masonry.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

Can Atheist

No they are not welcome, all religions are welcome and everyone gets along so nobody wants that screwed up

The idea being you have to believe in something.... a higher power other then yourself....

Aethiests believe in nothing but themselves... i think.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join