It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I myself am out in the Northwest. The funny thing that I have noticed is a sensation of shaking/movement, yet when I look around at objects that I would expect to see indications of this in . . . I see none. I do not think it is my imagination, although I suppose it could be a palpitation or something neurological in nature causing this sensation. I have only noticed this the last couple of days.
edit on 15-3-2011 by nonnez because: location

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I too Live in California and think about earthquakes more than I want to lately..I originally posted this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I think its worth repeating I did some research on precursors to earthquakes and some serious scientific papers have been written on this topic here are a few of the highlights from the paper:

Seismic Lighting, similar to ordinary lighting and to "sheet" or "heat" lighting but without thunder

Luminous band seen in the atmosphere, sometimes horizontally or vertically and sometimes in a bundle, like some polar aurora.

Globular incandescent masses, sometimes seen attached to luminous bands, and sometimes called "meteors"

Fire tongues, small "flames" creeping near the ground, or like ignis fatuus, flickering around.

Seismic "flames" seen emerging from the ground but rarely causing damage.
different colored globular masses colored yellow/green/orange/blue.

Atmospheric illumination, luminous discharges rising from the ground, arched bands rising from the horizon ovoid mass with streamers.

And the report has other very interesting information in it I hope everyone will take about 10 minutes to read his report and share it with others. Not a day goes by we don't hear of someone seeing, taking a video of talking about what they think are UFO's or meteors along with other strange phenomenon, perhaps they could be one of the items on this list. Check it out he has graphs, drawings and other data worth looking at no matter where you live.
Here's the link for that:
www.itacomm.net...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I live three miles away from a recently discovered fault line, on the coast of Northern California. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary, other than cell reception has been disrupted on and off for over two weeks. I don't know if that is related, or due to changes in our cell towers, but adding this observation is why this thread is here.

They have also put up more tsunami zone signs along Highway 1 since Japan's catastrophe. I sat on the point and drank a few beers with my friend, watched the ocean cover our beach like never before, even took down the little driftwood hut someone had made possibly to gauge the effects. Was an interesting experience, to say the least.

I have many friends in my town, and everyone has been fairly anxious over the passed week. The tsunami warnings really didn't cause this anxiety either, in fact, I would say nothing in specific has caused people to act the way they have been recently. More fights at bars, roommates screaming and moving out. High tension week. Yet related to an earthquake? I don't presume to know.

My kitten has warmed up to us, she sleeps with us now, whereas before she slept under the bed or behind the couch. But I also bought her some catnip recently, so she's been more appreciative of us lately.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
I too Live in California and think about earthquakes more than I want to lately..I originally posted this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I think its worth repeating I did some research on precursors to earthquakes and some serious scientific papers have been written on this topic here are a few of the highlights from the paper:

Seismic Lighting, similar to ordinary lighting and to "sheet" or "heat" lighting but without thunder

Luminous band seen in the atmosphere, sometimes horizontally or vertically and sometimes in a bundle, like some polar aurora.

Globular incandescent masses, sometimes seen attached to luminous bands, and sometimes called "meteors"

Fire tongues, small "flames" creeping near the ground, or like ignis fatuus, flickering around.

Seismic "flames" seen emerging from the ground but rarely causing damage.
different colored globular masses colored yellow/green/orange/blue.

Atmospheric illumination, luminous discharges rising from the ground, arched bands rising from the horizon ovoid mass with streamers.

And the report has other very interesting information in it I hope everyone will take about 10 minutes to read his report and share it with others. Not a day goes by we don't hear of someone seeing, taking a video of talking about what they think are UFO's or meteors along with other strange phenomenon, perhaps they could be one of the items on this list. Check it out he has graphs, drawings and other data worth looking at no matter where you live.
Here's the link for that:
www.itacomm.net...

Gracious! If I saw any of those things, they'd freak me out more than an earth quake!

fire tongues

seismic flames

meteors, gulp - yep that would make me shake!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Animals are a lot more sensitive to changes in the earth and weather than humans, almost as if humans are not native to this world. My tendency is to watch Yellowstone and some of the larger calderas around the world, but due to the fracking being done on and around the New Madrid Fault line I think it is more likely to go than San Andreas.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hey I think it is much more likely that a quake will happen at the New Madrid Fault most likely due to its incredible recent activity and its size as compared with the San Andreas Fault in CA. Plus CA doesn't have a HAARP base playing around, doing God knows what. I'm thinking it will happen between March 21-25 maybe because that is when Congress when be in recess to get away from there..Recent activity in New Madrid.. www.lewrockwell.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by DavidStreet because: few things

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Get your buns down to south africa! Besides the political bull excreta and still being in the dawn of a rainbow nation, we have it alright. When these things happen in the world, as of late, we count our blessings and realize how easy we have it here.. At least in regard to natural disasters.

Sorry to not add anything useful op.
If i could add anything it would be that i hope threads like this spread knowledge on the possible prediction (or foreknowledge) and survival of such events. The smaller the world gets, the larger our heart becomes. We are an intelligent species, and there is much to be learned.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Found more youtube videos on the earthquake lights... This one states these images were recorded 30 mins before the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China

This one isn't aparently earthquake related, but pretty close to related:

edit on 15-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
More unusual rainbow formations:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i live in the bay area and absolutely nothing is happening out of the ordinary in my neck of the woods...well, short of the radiation tonight, but nevertheless everything is normal.

hell i've even got bees in my neighborhood, oddly enough. go figure.
edit on 15-3-2011 by WilliamRikeronaSegway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Well guys we can get all emotional or we can be sensible. Prepare for the worst, relax and wait.

The Mormons have it right with their mandate for a one year supply of food for each family. Theology aside this is not such a bad idea. Add to that a couple of cans of gas in case evacuation is required because if it is gas stations will be impossible.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Or even a mobile phone can be a great early warning tool - Between 100 to 150 minutes prior to an earthquake mobiles start non-functioning or malfunctioning.

Of course if you have AT&T like I do, this would mean its just a normal day
I lose service on a daily basis, even if I stayed at home the whole time lol.

All joking aside, I hope california doesnt have any major quakes, although you should all buy property east of the fault, maybe you will have beach front property after the quake, Kinda like in the plot of the original superman movie

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Ive noticed that as well (feeling of shaking) not super strong, but kinda like a slight sway like being on a boat, im also in the northwest. I just assumed its my mind playing tricks and expecting a earthquake because we are being so inundated with the topic, interesting you've had the same experience tho.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Bees have been dying off worldwide for a quite a while now, its nothing new or local to california so I can't see how that relates to a quake. I believe the reason was found to be some combination of a fungus+bacteria but I can't quite recall. I've read this site for many years and I can tell you people have been saying they "feel weird", "feel something bad approaching", their "animals/pets are acting weird", "the weathers weird", yadayada etc etc for years and years now and are always convinced something huge is imminent and yet nothing happens to them. I can't recall a single time in years where there weren't posts exactly like this one with people saying they feel weird/seen weird stuff in nature lately and are convinced something is about to happen, apparently "weird" stuff is always happening so its not so weird is it?
Its just human nature to try to find patterns and meaning where theres not, simple as that. This urge will become even more powerful as you browse websites like this and see a disaster happen elsewhere. I wouldn't worry too much ole chap, california is sadly going to get hit eventually but the chances are no higher today than they were before that bee died.
edit on 15-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Pay attention to those bees!! I live near Yellowstone and I have seen them drop this way last summer.

Those clouds look like regular clouds I used to see in CA so I don't know about that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
I myself am out in the Northwest. The funny thing that I have noticed is a sensation of shaking/movement, yet when I look around at objects that I would expect to see indications of this in . . . I see none. I do not think it is my imagination, although I suppose it could be a palpitation or something neurological in nature causing this sensation. I have only noticed this the last couple of days.
edit on 15-3-2011 by nonnez because: location

I feel this here often, and it has become so unnerving with these tremors we are going to move. I'm done. I know we can't escape the inevitable that Yellowstone could become but I have to go somewhere for awhile where the constant shaking each day isn't going on. My daughter is scared no matter how calm I try to remain in front of her. Objects on my shelves are always moved some way almost each day.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The Husky part, Huskies are known escape artist, tunnel diggers, fence jumpers, and can run for miles, its part of there instinct and they do get the urge especially if they feel bored. but that doesn't mean that something isn't setting your dog off, especially if this hasn't been his or hers behavioral pattern. I think the animals are sensing something out of the norm. luckily your dog didn't get hit by a car.

For the last 3 weeks my animals have been quite agitated and acting strange also, especially one of my cats who's been more skittish and nervous then normal, he wants to be outside but comes running in freaked out and there nothing out there.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Unfortunately...if what I read is true than California will be next. The only question is when....if nature will take its course it can be tomorrow or somewhere in the next 500 yeaars ...if not 1000.

Anyways...I have a very unsettling feeling the last 4 months or so. Everyting taken into account...which include the downwards spiral of the US economy, it is as if the world is slowly falling apart and that a certain inside crowd knows this and is taking advantage of this destiny

It all started a decade or two ago with the recommendation of adding a thick sunblocker when going out into the open sun. It is the ozon layer or the magnetic field of the Earth that is causing all these problems....maybe both, or one causes the other to fail. Now the sunblocckers are not enough and have governments all over the world decided to spray stuff into the air to protect us from the cancerous radiation.

But the change of the Earths magneticfield has influence on many other geophysical and biological systems on Earth. And that is what we will experiance in the time to come. It hurts to see bees and birds fall out of the sky without apparent reason, knowing people losing their homes, pets and loved ones in disasters like the one in Japan.

I realy realy hope that these disasters will end and that 2012 will go by without any significant terror, the US government will be cleared from secret society members and that the US people will use their tax money for healthcare, education and helping the poor sustaining a meaningfull and happy life.....instead of paying for (black) militairy programs and starting wars.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Checking in from San Francisco...nothing too unusual to report here. My dog is acting a little weird but then, maybe it's because he's just a weird dog. He's been licking his toes a lot, having those barking dreams at night with running/jerking paws, and gravitating toward his favorite hiding spot under the dining table more than usual. Other than that, all is quiet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am on the east coast (KY) but talk to my brother in law, who lives in the outskirts of Seattle, every night. Two days ago his two dogs took off for about 6-8 hours which they never do. Cell phones have had bad reception and have received some sort of interference while making a call so bad that the person on the other line could not be heard over the noise. Both things have never happened before. His two horses have been acting unusual and panicking at all hours of the day. He has also seen a mass die-out of insects. I asked him to take some photos of some of these things and try to get a recording when the phone acts up again so I can post them here. Thanks for the insight! S&F!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join