It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good lookin out!

I live in Los Angeles. I have seen the Con/Chem trails. I'm not sure if Cali is next in line for a major quake but we are certainly past due.

As far as you observations go, they may be a good indication something is amis. I think the Bee's dying is quite simple. As a member mentioned earlier, Bee's are extremely sensitive to their surroundings. I have been following the Japanese NICT website for a few years. It shows a lot of information in terms of what is happening with Earth's Magnetosphere.

www2.nict.go.jp...

If you take a look at the past few days, March 11th-March 14th, you will see that the Earth is getting the living sh#t kicked out of it. I do not recall seeing this many days with this much pressure and pressure levels in white. I think the Bee's are being killed by the Sun.

The fish could be related to all the seismic activity.Take a look at Lake Nyos and the disaster that occured there.
Lake Nyos

Could these fish be choking on CO2 and other gases? Pehaps all the seismic activity is opening up pockets of subterranean gas. The gas slowly seeps up through the newly exposed cracks in the sea floor. The gas suffocates the fish, and because the CO2 is so dense it forms a low layer "fog" on top of water suffocating even the mammals in the area above the ground leak. This "fog" would simply dissipate into the air.

Another explanation may simply be that the animals are lost.

Birds have an internal compass:
discovermagazine.com...

Fish and insects have it as well:
www.wired.com...

Lohmann specializes in animal navigation, and work from his laboratory and others have exhaustively demonstrated how sea turtles — along with many birds, fish and crustaceans — use gradients in Earth’s magnetic field to steer.

You can see from the NICT imagery that Earth's geomagnetics have been going haywire. Animals tend to migrate because they must to survive. If these animals depend on Earth's geomagnetics for direction it seems like they may be getting lost. Just some thoughts...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Words to live by for sure.

And you're right, there isn't much to do but live life and be prepared, both of which I'm doing.

But to your point...

And even if someone could predict one, what good is it. Many won't believe it. Others will be fighting to get out of the way. Mass chaos and confusion everywhere.

If I can save my family and I, and maybe some people close to me that I care about and know me well enough to know WHEN to listen to me (when it's not just a rant), it's worth it to me to even have a hunch. If I can take that one step further and save human life, it's a win-win for me.

I totally understand what you're saying though, and I would want to try to help people be prepared, which is really what this is for. If people are aware of what is happening around them and notice the same things that are being pointed out here, perhaps they will feel a bit more compelled to be prepared and in return, maybe that will save their life some day.

In the end, I hope nothing happens.
But I also understand how nature works... and realize there is nothing we can do about it.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

If I can save my family and I, and maybe some people close to me that I care about and know me well enough to know WHEN to listen to me (when it's not just a rant), it's worth it to me to even have a hunch. If I can take that one step further and save human life, it's a win-win for me.

You made a great thread. You pay attention to your surroundings and that is a good thing. Many others would be wise to do the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TripleSalCal
I've been watching the USGS earthquake system ever since the Japan episode started. I have seen a definite increase in earthquake activity since then, so I would not be surprised at all if there was a big quake. And I think the fish dying would signify, in my opinion, increased activity on the sea floor that is releasing gases into the ocean. I hope everything stays fine in Cali, I've got some friends there

I tend to agree with that idea about the fish...

Either a major temperature change or a big release of gas, reducing the oxygen levels in the water. Or even more probably is BOTH.

I think either Cali or the New Madrid... there has been a lot of activity around New Madrid and stories about the fracking in the area.

Thanks for the feedback... I like getting a rounded view of things from several sources, it helps me form a more balanced perspective on things.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

HI Sonofthe law,

Ive finally signed up to this site. I'm the king of skeptics but had to send you this youtube link. Its an austrialian guy (that has many subscribers). The video is referred to as 'EarthQuake Watch' , its based on sun activity. The reason i'm particulary interested in his channel is due to a previous video he posted in February about forecasting (based on sunspot activity) an earthquake in Christchurch (New Zealand) & Japan (that video was uploaded before the earthquake in New Zealand, and of course Japan). His latest video refers to the West Coast of the United States.. Here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

I would be interested to know what experts in the field think about his forecasting techniques.

Peace & Goodwill to all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am in Northern California. 3 days ago I went out to the porch for a smoke break. I did not have shoes on, as I walked to my chair I felt a pain on my heal. I sat to see about the pain. As I looked down I notice a bee, that i stepped on a bee. First thing that came to mind was the thread about bees falling out of the sky. Well I went inside to deal with the sting. Later I went back out on my porch....with shoes on and took a look at the bee. I then noticed 4 more on my porch dead. Not sure if this means anything but I just wanted to mention it here. Also about an hour ago I was laying in bed and I heard a cat meow over and over...I closed my window not realizing it was my cat sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Not so weird except he is 6 years old and have only heard him meow when he was a kitten....to get attention he usually rams into a closed door ( large white very over wheight cat) or if any one is close he will bite for attention. He seems okay now he is sleeping and snoring as usual. Frogs croaking from somewhere last night don't know if that is unusual because this is my first winter here. Just thought I could add something to this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

Excellent information!!!!

Thank you... I will need to go through and take a look at it but you made some excellent and very logical points.

I have discussed the relationship to the magnetic field but didn't realize it was getting hammered these last few days... that's a very interesting observation.

If you put all of these things together... in just a few days, we have solar flares, magnetic field disturbances, dead bees, dead fish, earthquakes, volcanoes... there seems to be a complex synergy between it all, but it all appears to be connected unless each can be explained by separate circumstances... and that would be hard for anyone to do, if not impossible.

Great work and thanks!
Star for you.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.. California is on the opposit end of the big plate. It will happen !!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i for once see the contrails yet i dont believe but get what your saying the trails are different and i always see them as just atmosphereocal reactions they seem well .. on purpose.?
edit on 15-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: spellig /spppelim

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm out in CA. I haven't noticed anything weird, but I'm up north and I'm not near the coast. I'm not quite that worried for my location, always skeptical. I just say that because I have a lot of learning to do here, and this is the only place that I can find an almost lost knowledge of musical theory (science). I told myself I'm not leaving until I learn all that I can, if I have to witness disaster, so be it, I'll be there to help my fellow humans out.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hi,

As some of you may remember, I had been waiting for the big quake in New Zealand to happen for a couple of years. I understood it to signal the entry into the next phase of difficulties on our world.

In september of last year they had a 7+ quake, but I knew that wasn't the big one I had been waiting on. At that time I "looked" and was shown a big one in New Zealand followed by a big one far to the north of New zealand and after a short period of time one in the U.S. on the west coast.

I assume now that the 2nd was what has just happened in Japan since it is far to the north of New Zealand.

I've been observing quake activity in the world now for about 10 years so far and noted the increased frequency and growing magnitudes, except for the west coast of the U.S. where only small "tension releasing" quakes have been occuring.... I even had a crazy thought that some of those may be man made in order to help release the pressure build up.. lol.

Off the coast of Oregon the plates are locked-up in almost 90 degree sections which has been having some activity of late. In South America the activity has been prolific to say the least in the past year and has steadily been moving northward it would seem.

I do hope I am wrong. But at the same time people have known that a big one would come again and do a lot of damage on the west coast, but humans think, "It won't happen to me" and ignore the warnings.

I would think that living on the west coast people would already be well prepared for the big one anyway.. having everything needed for after the shaking stops. If not then you shoud be anyway, even if nothing happens this year.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedoom

I know here in Florida if there is an unusual couple of warm days and nights the chirping insects start
singing..frogs most likely. As far as animal behavior is concerned I know next to nothing about this..only
noticed the dogs here seem almost unusually hungry. I'm not trying to make something of this..there is
probably just a mundane reason for it..weather change etc..It's not hot yet here but warming up. Seems
like spring like weather came a few weeks early this year but I can't keep up with the records. I saw a few
honey bees not long ago but not the last couple of days..the bumblebees are zooming around a lot
however. I did not feel the quake here in Florida but it was less than 50 miles away far as I know. Since
we have a different kind of soil than those further north then earthquake energy won't be felt as much
don't think.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
In my 12 years living in socal I never hear anything like those fishes dying near the beach, it could be a sign of major catastrophic event, they say that san andreas earthquake comes around every 200 years, this time is 300 years overdue...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Funny, two days ago I watched two bees sitting on my porch floor, for twenty minutes. By then it started to strike me that it was strange they weren't more busy, on a sunny warm afternoon with flowers beginning to bloom! I became interested and watched them for twenty minutes more, until I got bored. Came back later and foudn them dead in the same place. It was just unusual behavior for a bee.

I am far away from California (where I am from) I am in south France, where earthquakes are less likely than volcano activity in our region.

But I am new to conspiracy and alternative news sites. I began exploring them a few weeks ago because I sometimes have a deep vibration sound that I begin to hear before disasters and it started up again a couple weeks ago. I also, during one of my daily relaxation sessions, had a vision/message telling me some sort of catastrophy on the 15 of March.This was about five years ago. At that time I wrote it down and forgot about it, but when the vibraion came up again I started thinking about it and was very surprised to find all the many hypotheses out there concerning this date!!!

Now, I have had many of these sorts of messages happen and they all ended up relating to things that were to happen to me or those I love, including my family in California. (not big "end of world" stuff). So that makes me tentatively think- IF there is to be any validity to that date I saw, it would most likely be here, where I am, or back in California.

(Or it could mean nothing at all.)

But the activity in the Gulf of California, and Baja right now is worth keeping an eye on....
edit on 15-3-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Newsweek Article with a crappy title:
The Scariest Earthquake is Yet to Come

I'm in Nor Cal too and have had that uneasy feeling of late.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, those look like they could be HAARP lights to me. Not sure if you have seen this thread but you may find some more information of interest, there you will see a pic of pretty much what you saw and that was taken over China 30 minutes before their quake just 5 days ago. Someone managed to get video footage for the first time too -

Anyway, call me crazy (others have lol), but I can't help feel like HAARP is behind this and perhaps those spots where the strange things were occurring were in the path of its target?
Think about it. I have read it is quite possible for HAARP to move through the earth and water. The more I think about it the more it makes for a good theory... and that is all this is so go easy on your responses to this pls - if it gets any. ha.

I also vaguely recall hearing that we are due a larger than usual solar storm sometime this year, does anybody know more about this? Could be relevant, but perhaps not. Anyway, I found your observations interesting

Edited to add - on the subject of bee's, I am currently visiting back home in Australia and my brother, who is an avid gardener and has a pretty impressive garden, mentioned there have been no bee's since Spring which was easily 6 months ago and we got no summer this year so not much warm weather at all
but I digress... so all his flowering fruit is just dying off the plants and trees. I personally see a large amount of bee's in Sicily, where I am living temporarily they are everywhere there! but here in Aus, I can't say I have seen any so this is all very interesting. I may start to keep notes...
edit on 15-3-2011 by ImJaded because: I can't spell

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I dunno if we're next. The last time we had a decent sized quake near me was 3? years ago I think. It was a 4.9 with an epicenter less than two miles from my house. The only odd thing I noticed came a split second before the shaking started-- my cat bolted for the garage and I heard his plastic door slap loudly. I had just enough time to wonder, "What's up with him?" and then the shaking started. A 4.9 earthquake isn't gigantic by any means, but if you're within two miles of the epicenter, believe me it will scare the sh&T out of you and you WILL think the house is going to fall down.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Also, just to add, I don't recall seeing any photo or video, let alone even hearing of, anything like that swirling massive whirlpool when there was that deep sea quake off the coast of japan in 2007 and I was living there then.
Does anybody else?

That was one of the very first things that caught my attention.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I remember seeing the exact same thing last last week! It was due West from my location. I live right on the border of Oregon and Washington in North Portland. I even pointed it out to my girl. And same story here, the skies were pretty thick with chemtrails. 'It could have been the sun hitting the chemicals a certain way. That what I thought it was because the only other "Earthquake Cloud" rainbows I've ever heard of have something to do with HAARP.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am in Arizona off the I-8 Bees very alive and well in my rose merry bushes.

The night of the earthquake in Japan, my dogs and ALL The dogs around here barked ALL Night.
Was horrible.

Back to normal now, except for my cat, who will not stop meowing and will not leave my side . Took a bath and he tried to get in with me. He has been like this since the quake. He is 12 and has never acted like this.

I have been feeling what feels like the end is starting almost like a negative energy. A feeling that started years ago, that I can not explain, and I only felt it in certain places. It has grown over the years, and is now everywhere. The last two months, I have really felt like it will be a different tomorrow. Every time I go shopping I think this might be the last grocery shopping trip. STRONG sense that something big is around the corner. I dont think there is going to be anywhere to escape it either so I am not planning a bug out unless the power goes, because AZ and no air in the summer do not do well with someone as unwell as I am.

But yeah, I feel something is gonna happen in this area. Noe because of fear, or because of reading. Just a feeling. Two days before I was in a an earthquake in Oregon, I felt like the ground was unstable. Asked my roomate if they ever had an earthquake. He said no. He freaked when we had one two days later. So did I!

This feeling is like that but worse. I think its gonna be more than Cali, or one state. Something bigger. Just a REAL bad feeling. I pray I am wrong .

On a good note, the dogs are quiet tonight , the cats are quiet except for Zarra who will not leave me a moments peace.
edit on 15-3-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join